Tue, Oct 22, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Anyone Know of a Bryce File Viewing Utility...?

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 4:21 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:12 AM

I'm moving my Bryce zips, etc. from the general folder to a folder specifically for Bryce D/L's. I was wondering if anyone knows of a utility that will allow me to preview the Bryce items before I actually import the extracted files to the Bryce libraries.

Since there's no shortcut to adding mats and obj files, etc to the program, it would help if I knew what category the file fit in. For instance, a glass tex in "glass". The title doesn't always tell you what it is, or where you might want to import it to. I've wasted a lot of effort changing files around AFTER they've been imported blindly, because I thought it belonged in another category.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks all. 😕

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 6:42 PM

wish I knew. I started downloading thumbnails of the mats as I downloaded them. I've heard that someone may be looking on making something that can do that..but don't know of anything yet..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2006 at 10:10 PM

A utility that will allow me to preview the Bryce items before I actually import the extracted files to the Bryce libraries

Nope, nothing like that.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

mrchut ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 4:54 AM

Hello

try this utility : P3DO explorer at http://www.senosoft.com/
it could help you.

jfike ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 4:35 PM

Quote - Hello

try this utility : P3DO explorer at http://www.senosoft.com/
it could help you.

That's a good program but it is an image viewer.  I think what is wanted is a program that can display what would be rendered, similar to the preview in Bryce, from the native Bryce scene source file (*.brx).

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2006 at 6:16 PM

ah..that's different. I hate to use the 'p' word (Proprietary format), but I'm not sure. Mebbe Daz 3d has some ideas..they have a forum over there..you could ask.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 12:14 AM

This question comes up about every third month.

Again, nope, nothing like that.

Sidenote - A LONG time ago the P3DO people thought about making what you want but, as pakled mentioned, proprietary, and I don't think anyone has ever been able to figure out how to even read any native Bryce files, including P3DO. (to the best of my memory)

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 5:07 PM

I remember Anthony Applyeard was working on something like that earlier, but getting no farther with it..

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 7:30 PM

Probably for the same reason, noone can seem to find a way to read/translate those Bryce files, lol.

jfike ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 9:13 PM

To be able to read/translate a Bryce file, the program would basically would have to know how to render the data into an image.  The formats like OBJ are simple text files so are therefore easier to translate into a displayable image.

However, a DAZ Bryce viewer would be something that could be done (by DAZ) and would be a welcome utility.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.