Fri, Sep 20, 4:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: When is it a Poser piece?

zorares ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 10:46 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 4:10 AM

Just a bit curious, if you develope a scene in Poser, import it into another program and render it, is it Poser or the other program (say Vue)?

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 11:30 PM

Why not just call it "3D", that way it encompasses all 3D type programs :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Ajax ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 12:36 AM

If you're wondering which gallery to post to, it's traditional to post to the gallery of the program you rendered in.  (So if you render in Vue, post to the Vue gallery).  However, you can't please everybody and there are some people who complain that pictures of Poser meshes shouldn't be cluttering up their nice Vue/Bryce/Whatever gallery.  Some people say you should post to the mixed medium gallery if you import from one program to render in another, but for the most part the rule is post to the gallery for the program you rendered in.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 4:29 AM

The percentage of stuff I have done on the image decides which gallery I use. If there are mostly Poser figures, props etc. in my scene but I "just" render in Vue then it will go in the Poser gallery.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 5:42 AM

Is a Picasso hung in the Crayola gallery? It is the end result that matters, not the method of applying the pixels :)

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 7:55 AM

I just go with whatever the final render program used. Most of my stuff uses a minimum of 4 programs anyways..;) (Wings, Mojo/Bryce, Poser, and Gimp..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 9:59 AM

If the image is mostly of Poser content, it belongs in the Poser gallery whatever it was rendered in. The actual renderer is not really all that important (just as one doesn't categorize fiction according to what word-processor the author used).

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 1:24 PM

Quote - If the image is mostly of Poser content, it belongs in the Poser gallery whatever it was rendered in. The actual renderer is not really all that important (just as one doesn't categorize fiction according to what word-processor the author used).

Can you please give an accurate definition what Poser content is?

I mean, all figures/props used are derived from OBJ-files created with anything but Poser.

If Posers renderengine isn't used to make the final picture, it is only used to arange 3D-objects in a 3D-World.

tainted_heart ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 6:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - If the image is mostly of Poser content, it belongs in the Poser gallery whatever it was rendered in. The actual renderer is not really all that important (just as one doesn't categorize fiction according to what word-processor the author used).

Can you please give an accurate definition what Poser content is?

I mean, all figures/props used are derived from OBJ-files created with anything but Poser.

If Posers renderengine isn't used to make the final picture, it is only used to arange 3D-objects in a 3D-World.

Poser content is content created specifically created for use in Poser. Just because the product refers to an object file, does not eliminate it as Poser content. This does not mean the final render has to be done in Poser. My most recent image was created entirely in Poser. I set the scene, posed the figures, added clothing and props, and set up the lights. I saved it to .pz3 format and loaded it into Carrara 5 Pro only to take advantage of it's render features. That does not make it a Carrera image. I took the rendered image into Photoshop for postwork, that certainly didn't make it a Photoshop image.

Since we started out as a Poser community and have evolved into an art community, the galleries should focus on the art, not the software used to create it. We should have done away with the software association in the galleries a long time ago.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 4:20 AM

However, you can't please everybody and there are some people who complain that pictures of Poser meshes shouldn't be cluttering up their nice Vue/Bryce/Whatever gallery. 

They have a point though and I do agree. I simply loved to visit the Carrara and Vue galleries in the past. But now that the link between Poser and Vue is firmly established I visit the Vue galleries much less. But since DAZ has purchased Carrara I don't visit the Carrara galleries anymore, it has become just as poluted with junk as the poser galleries. The Carrara galleries used to be very creative and so were the Vue galleries, but now it's all the same.

I'm not against using Poser content in other applications, but around here most people seem to only have one use for Poser and that's a shame, imo.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:03 AM

The flip side is that if you render poser content in other apps and then post them in the poser gallery, then poser users get mad... Or just ignore the pix altogether (no comments etc)

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:27 AM

Quote - The flip side is that if you render poser content in other apps and then post them in the poser gallery, then poser users get mad... Or just ignore the pix altogether (no comments etc)

Assuming they can tell what it was rendered in. But such people are shallow if they get mad for such a reason.

If an image is mostly concerned with a human character, and that character is Vicky, Mike, etc, it's Poser content and belongs in the Poser gallery.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.