Thu, Oct 24, 11:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Need help in understanding how to bring a render into photoshop?

DeanPaul ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 8:17 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 5:39 AM

I've worked in photoshop for a while but I'm having problems in finding out how I save a finished peace in Daz Studio and bring it into photoshop to do final touch ups?

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 8:24 PM

Hi, Dean,

What you'll want to do is render the scene (You can either select the Render button, use the CTRL+R hotkey command, or select Render>Render from the menu bar), and then save the render (File>Save Last Render).  You can then open the saved jpeg, png, bmp or tiff in Photoshop ;)

MS

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

DeanPaul ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 10:15 PM

Thanks Morigan That makes it easy!I have another problem though it seems when I bring in a background and light it up along with the figure then hit render i recieve a pop up stating,"Warning!Obscuring the viewport during an openGL render may corrupt the final image".
I feel so close to showing you guys a new image but I'm missing a detail.Could you help me?

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 5:07 AM

Well, first of all, you get that warning because the default render setup is in OpenGL.  You can switch to 3Delight by opening your render settings (Render>Render Settings) and dragging the first slider all the way to the right (Software Renderer).  The OpenGL render won't do much more than maybe take the gridlines out of the floor and background (If you don't have a backdrop).  3Delight is a more robust rendering engine ;)  The reason OpenGL gives you that warning is because, obscuring the viewport can, and most likely will, corrupt the image.  I totally recommend rendering in 3Delight rather than OpenGL.  You'll get much better quality, period.
MS

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

archdruid ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 5:39 AM

Kinda on the side... That warning is to let you know  that, if you open something else, "strange things" may happen... Part of the problem with notifications like that is that they are pretty self evident to people who've been using the 'ware for a while..... two of my favourites are: on a Hair curling iron, "Do Not use while asleep"...???  and on the PS2, while saving to a memory card..."...Do not remove memory card while saving..... " ... that last one .... if i'm saving to the card, why would I remove it?........ Lou.

"..... and that was when things got interestiing."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.