Tue, Oct 1, 7:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Impoted Mesh not displaying correctly

Touchwood ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 8:46 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 8:34 PM

file_352739.jpg

Can anyone tell me why when importing any kind of mesh object into Bryce, it displays like the attached image? Objects created inside the program display correctly.

Dann-O ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 10:12 PM

Turn up your wireframe resolution. I have mine at max. that should do the trick. The Adjustment i son the right hand side. Look sliek 3 boxes and an arrow.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

Touchwood ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 11:34 PM

Thanks but the resolution is already up for all three states. The imported meshes do render correctly and display correctly in other programs.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 3:16 AM · edited Thu, 31 August 2006 at 3:18 AM

Yeah, Keep your Selected up, but turn down Motion & Static.

Even then, when you have a high poly count mesh, you may at times have to do the Ctrl+Click and re-select it (even though it is already selected), and that will make it look normal again. 

I think this is due to just a ton of polys being displayed and your video card needing a little help. I myself have what is probably considered an obsolete video card (GeForce FX5200), and I have to re-select high poly meshes once in a while to make them appear "back".

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Touchwood ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 8:49 PM

Thanks, turning up the selected to max done the trick. Didn't think there were so many polys in such a small (looking) object.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 11:42 PM

I usually just turn the wireframe res up high while I'm placing the imported mesh into position ( so I also have it high for motion too ). But once it's in place I either turn down the wireframe res. or turn it into bounding box display on the objects attributes menu. This helps keep the work flow running smoother.

Stephen Ray

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.