Thu, Sep 19, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Hunting for Hybrids

yungturk39 ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 9:28 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:16 PM

Maybe there is no Holy Grail of a perfect Poser character out there, but that doesn't stop guys like me from looking.  Unfortunately, I'm no modeler, and the best I can hope for is that someone much more talented than me may have wanting to try combining different characters the way I'd like to.  That said, I was wondering if anyone has seen / made any of the following, and if they'd be willing to share it with the rest of us:

1)  GIRL's head on Aiko's body

2)  A remapped version of Latexa or Eve that takes V2 textures.

3)  V3's head on Aiko's body (I kind of have this already, but I don't like the area where the head joins the neck...it could look better)

...any luck??

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 9:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/

For Mil figure hybrids you might want to look at the Shapeshifter script at PhilC's site.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

puddykat ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 5:00 PM

I did get V3 head on Aiko body no problem with Shapeshifter from PhilC. There is an other script I picked up somewhere to put the V3 channels on the modified Aiko but I just used MorphManager. The GIRL head on Aiko would be super cool.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 14 September 2006 at 3:11 AM · edited Thu, 14 September 2006 at 3:15 AM

Attached Link: Yakuza Neja.01

Sir; In your efforts to find a good hybrid, you might also consider the Neja figure (NEA's head on Judy's body) by Narcissus.  The combination is very attractive, and Neja has a genital similar to Eve. but without the Mesh problems in the Hip and groin that Eve seems to have inherited. I say this with sorrow, because I'm deeply devoted to Eve, but in myefforts to remap her to conform with V2 textures, I've run up against some very botched facets in her genital-inner thigh area.  There hasalso been a problem when cloning her to develope the Evelyn figure (V2's head on Eve's body) with the hip disengaging from  the abdomen (It developed a noticable crack).  I can only guess that those who've messed with her in the past must have botched the mesh,  or the Cr2, or both.  I'm sure she's fixable, but is it worth the effort.  Judy's figure is stockier and plumper, but still sexy  just the same.  Neja could easily pass for an Eve who had put on a little weight, and frankly, I like my women like that. Yours truly, David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 5:51 AM

There's a figure called "Ten-Ten" which is on one of the Japanese websites, Yamato, I think, which is a composite of a V2 head (and morph) on a V3 body. You need both figures, and it's presented as a set of instructions, and the revised neck section. It's worth a look to see how it's all done. It's useful to be able to use some of the V2 morphs which don't have V3-equivalents, DAZ and third-party. As far as Aiko is concerned, there aren't the V3-specific morph channels, but with the Realistic morph applied, many morph-dial characters work pretty well.

yungturk39 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 8:53 AM

Thanks for the input, folks!

DPHoadley...sorry to hear about your remapping woes.  I saw your threads and was secretly cheering you on!  "Eve" and "Latexa" used to be my favorite Posette variations until Pitklad came along and fixed Posette's eyebrows for good with NEA!

Puddykat...GIRL's head on Aiko would be freaking AWESOME!!  Best part...no remapping needed for either to take V3 textures!  Help us, stahlratte!!! ;)

I also appreciate the Shapeshifter suggestions.  Maybe I've been doing something wrong with it, but when I try copying Vicky's head to Aiko, I get a kind of nasty bulge around the neck join that I've had absolutely no luck getting rid of.  The way I get Vicky's head on Aiko now involves exporting Vicky's head as an .OBJ and importing it into Aiko as a morph.  I don't remember who originally posted here how to do this, but a forum search should show the thread, if you're interested...

Thanks, everyone, for your help!

bevans84 ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 3:05 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_354229.jpg

I used a v3a3 hybrid for a project a few months ago, but I did it the hard way. Used Hex 1.2 and imported v3's head and a3's body, got the head scaled and located, then moved the edges fairly close. Then came the repetitive part of matching each edge vertice to corresponding vertice on the head.  Worked well enough for the project. Here's a quick poser render.

I'll have to try the morph thing, sounds a lot easier if it works well.

yungturk39 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 12:50 AM

Wow!  Is that something you could RTE encode and share??  That neck looks MUCH better than what I have on my hybrid!!

rofocale ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 5:57 AM

Well PhilC´s shapeshifter pythonscript doesn´t work in my version of Poser, wich is PP!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 6:23 AM

The shapeshifter only works in P5&P6.  No python script, no Shapeshifter. T__T

I have a A3head/V3body and a V3head/A3 body saved on my Character library pallette.  I have seen a Girl head on A3 body over at Deviant art and looked seemless.  TRALFAZ!  Nyahahahah!  THAT is the artist's name!  tralfaz did a Girl head/A3 body hybrid and did some renders.

I think tralfaz might be busy around here too. If so--you could PM for any helpful hints, or suggestions about doing one yourself.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

bevans84 ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 8:42 AM · edited Sat, 16 September 2006 at 8:45 AM

file_354275.jpg

I honestly don't know about the rte encoding, never encoded anything before. Wouldn't V3 and A3 both have to be included in the encoding? Seems simple enough to encode one or the other, but I don't know how to require both. I suppose all the morphs would have to be stripped out of it, my cr2 has all the v3 head morphs and the s3 body morphs for a3.

There are a few things I'd want to do first, like shaping the back of the head better at certain angles, smoothing the neck lines a little better, and maybe making the collar bone lines a little less recognizable.

BTW, in revisiting this it seems that A3 bends a lot better around the elbows. It might be worth working with it a little more.

rofocale ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 9:01 AM

JOELGLAINE
For your information, Poser PP also handles python.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 9:06 AM

Don't have PP, so I didn't know. Hmm, thought P5 and up had python. It's possible that might be part of the problem. The more advanced programs might handle Python better. Don't know! @@; You could post your problem on http://www.philc.net/forum/ and bring it to Phil's attention. He's really good for support of his thingies, freebies included. That might help? ^^ V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

rofocale ( ) posted Sat, 16 September 2006 at 10:05 AM

Well the problem is apparently that Phil´s script is of another version or should I say: accent.

I posted this with the other poor Poser PP users in mind. I´ll take contact with Phil.

Thank´s

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.