Tue, Sep 24, 12:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Conforming stockings/leg thights

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 6:12 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

One of my medieval characters, a little demon based on Luke, wears stockings or very high sockets or very high tight boots (no heels), you name it. Is out there anything I could use to imitate that clothing, kind of fit protection from ankle to thight?
Conforming stockings for Laura with a suitable texture would be OK, but I couldn't find stockings for Laura at marketplace either. :-(

Anybody help?...

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 6:20 PM

I don't have the Luke character, but if he's Unimesh based chances are that there's a FootSock morph. By using this morph, and setting the materials for feet, shins and thighs to something clothlike (use displacement to get some thickness) you can probably get what you want, with the added benefit of having no pokethru, whatever pose your little demon is in.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 2:53 AM

file_353008.jpg

Well, thanks for your advise, svdl. Unfortunatelly, Luke has not such a socket morph. I tried and found an "spandex" morph. I could change material, but then I would get, as seen on his right leg, kind of a lycra pant. And I don't want a pant, I want a leg protector, as seen on his left leg. This on his right leg is a V3 stocking I bought for that purpose, it's perfect, but it's impossible to conform to small Luke. I even tried "tailoring" this piece with Clothing Converter from Daz3d, but the results with this program are a shit, the piece lost his own morphs and this can't fit properly.

Since Laura is basically Luke with bigger butt and tiny breasts, I supose his stockings could fit my character based on a morphed Luke, but all and all I found over there was V3. :-(

Does anybody know or is planning to do any product that could fit my need?. Well, I think I am the only human being who uses Luke or Hiro...and probably the only crazy man who is looking for stockings for boys. ;-)

Suggestions or props would be welcome.

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 3:37 AM

file_353011.jpg

Like this, a pair of stockings like this but fitting Laura or Luke...would be perfect. This is a product for Aiko from Daz3d

Dragonluna1 ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 5:39 PM

Indeed!!! Aniyumi (sp) stockings would be great WITHOUT the whopping wooden sandals... stockings that fit everyone... that would be great. Most stockings.. et all... fit... BUT they come through the footwear... argh...

nomuse ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2006 at 4:56 PM

Stockings are a toughie. What with FBMs and JCMs and joint params they are tough to get to really fit close on the available variety of figures. I've had some luck in dynamic stockings, but Poser gravity is a pain. Simplest solution to you would be to hand-paint a displacement map. Those look pretty good in medium-to-long shots.

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:50 PM

If they did this hundred times for V3 and they did this for Aiko, this shouldn't be so difficult to do them for Laura (because if these fit Laura, these will probably fit Luke almost perfect and would give a wonderful solution for medieval, peasant and faery fantasy fittings not only on females but, AT LAST on male characters too.

My character is still stalked. No way without a pair of stockings. I tried these V3 stockings, but these won't fit Luke in 100 years...

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:56 PM

So, as Dragonluna1 said, this is a formal request:

PLEASE, "stockings that fit everyone... "

Stockings are a solution used to cool feet and legs, not just a fashion for V3 and Aiko, so, please, design stocking-like clothing for MALES.

I know asking for stuff for males here is absolutelly useless, but well, I keep trying and trying ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.