Tue, Sep 24, 12:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Needing to know interest in this

Unicornst ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 9:20 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1281407

I'm considering packing up a product for M3 that will consist of two characters. But before I do, I'm really needing to know if there is as much interest as others have told me. So I would like some honest opinions to the characters as they are so far and what would make the pack interesting to you as a buyer. The image I linked to was not postworked on the characters themselves. Only composing and the glints of light on the weapons and some sharpening on the clothing. But not the skins. Please keep in mind that the weapons and clothing and hair will not be included. I might add some weapons for each one according to my abilities.

Thanks for your time and opinion.

Oh...one more thing. This wasn't posted here in order to get comments on the image itself. I really would prefer that if you have an opinion on the characters, that you reply here. Makes it easier on me. grin Thank you.

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 7:31 AM

Hi, Unicornst.
M3 is a character I don't like and I very rarely use. I use David instead if I need a human-like male character, then realistic Hiro if I need an small human and then Luke when I need the fantasy faery or little elf. M3 is too massive, too exagerated (look at these unreal shoulders like melons he has, and dials can hardly fix this!!!). Simply doesn't fit my needs.

However, it's well known after so much V3 and lately so much Aiko, everything done for the males should be wide wide widely welcome by any serious poserer looking for balance on his runtime. Clothing, boots, hair and weapons (not only arms but tools and other props too) are needed. If you create injection, try to do an option to correct these shoulders and make the brothers normal thin humans, not supermuscle models with rugby-players shoulders and torso. I would include, on skins, a hairless one too. I use M3 textures for Luke, and an haired armpit, bear chested texture wouldn't be useful for the poor thing ;-).

Don't ask for interest...here people will ask you for V3 and more V3, only girls playing dressing barbies around, a tanga, an sword and a temple needed...so simply ask yourself wether you would enjoy creating something out of the crowd and then do this!!!, that's my "non-V3 user" advise. ;-)

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 9:27 AM

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I've gone with M3 simply because I don't have David or Luke. And I do tend to tone down the muscles. I don't care for over muscled characters myself. I know it doesn't show so much with the clothing they have on in the image I posted the link to, but one is definitely thinner than the other and both are thinner than the M3 default. As for the skins that will be included, each has a different one. Both do have hair on their chest, but there is one skin with much less hair. I also don't tend to overdo that area either. And two weapons will be included with the pack. A sword and battleaxe. 6 eye options and the default eyes for each character, making a total of 8 eye colors. Nothing way out there on the eyes. Two dark, two green, 2 blue, and 2 brown. Soon as I can finish putting it together, I'm going to submit it after all. There does seem to be interest in more male characters this last month. And it is almost ready for submission. Couple of small items left to finish and the promos is all.

Thanks again and for the next time, I'll see about the other suggestions you've made.

Janet

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2006 at 11:28 PM

They both look fantastic. The props are wonderful as well. I don't do a lot of images at present since most of my work is on textures and characters. But if I wanted to buy some male characters, they would be M3 or M2. And these two would definately go in my cart. I don't have the other male models or morph packs for them.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2006 at 3:49 PM

Thanks BE smiles

And I appreciate the compliment on the weapons, but they're not the ones that go with the pack. At the time of posting that, I didn't have the weapons completed. But I do now. grin

tamathy ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 10:02 AM

I would definitely buy this for M3. I rarely use David just because early on, I decided to pick one model and stick to it. The props are gorgeous as well & I hope they will bcome available too. :-) However, David does have a following, and it might be worth your while to pick him up at DAZ if you have a platinum membership, & make your pack adaptable for David. For your final promo pictures you might want to make the dark character's expression a little more menacing. These are gorgeous & I am waiting impatiently for them to appear in the marketplace!

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 05 September 2006 at 11:52 AM

file_353312.jpg

Thank you. I've attached an image of the weapons that come with the pack.

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 4:21 PM

Hi, Unicornst?...How are your male characters doing?...:-)

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 11:31 PM

Hi Jose,

The pack is complete, but it won't be found here. IM me and I can let you know where it will be placed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.