Tue, Sep 24, 12:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Michael 3 in desperate need of a fairy like look

turtleheart ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 4:53 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

I would love to see some nice slim fairy characters and skin textures for M3.  Maybe some clothes as well along this line.  And all of you who are really good with poses, how about some fairy type poses for the guys?  M3 needs a Sarsa look, big eyes, smooth skin, ya know...........a real male fairy!

TH

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 13 September 2006 at 5:23 AM

...p-p-pardon me... ??

evil grin

The slim part you can get from PoserPros - Haven for M3 and Ganymede for M3.

The textures - well, since it's Millenium figures involved, try Beautiful Boy textures (originally for Hiro3).

Off-the-shelf M3 faerie... uh, yeah, I'd like to know about them as well.

Eternal Hobbyist

RubyT ( ) posted Fri, 15 September 2006 at 10:57 PM

The best M3 fairie so far that I've seen is by Unicornst.  He is Tahlfar. You might write her how you can get him. I have some images in my gallery with him. He rocks, his ears are amazing and so is his face.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 7:26 AM

Unfortunately, the problem with creating male fairy type characters is, quite simply... Customers ask, and then they don't buy. Doing anything for the male figures is a big risk. People begged me to update Ganymede for m3, and when I did... Well, he's sold, but he's not sold half as well as Xie or XiaoXiao.

I can give it a shot, if there's /really/ an interest, but it may not be for M3. Would there be interest in a D3 or H3 fairy? (Just to note, you can get /girly/ boi fae for A3 using the A3 Male freebie morph I made with Thorne/Sarsa girls.)

Kreations By Khrys

turtleheart ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 8:25 AM

Khrys,

Do you have a link to this morph?  I would love to have it and do some boy stuff.

Patty

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 8:40 AM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=Khrys

There's the link to my freestuff. :)

Kreations By Khrys

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 9:04 AM

Khrys, I love the M3 Ganymede, which I bought some time ago.  You make good stuff for the guys as well, but yeah yeah, I know - there's the economics of it at work too.

Eternal Hobbyist

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 9:13 AM

:)

Like I said, people who love it, love it, but the casual buyer is more likely to notice the sexy new sling back heels V3 just got than the cute new guy for M3 or David. :(

Kreations By Khrys

turtleheart ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 9:43 AM

Thank You so much, Khrys.  This is exactly what I need.

Patty

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 10:01 AM

Glad to help! It was such a fun morph to do, and when I finished it... I'd intended for it to be a product, honestly, but I remember when I started in the community and couldn't figure stuff out, I depended on freestuff from folk like Renaped and all the great freebie providers of the time and decided I wanted to give something really /useful/, at the time. Now, of course, there's Hiro, but when I did the set, it was just Aiko. (Oddly enough, though, you can use the morph on Hiro too with no weird jagged edges showing, from what I've seen.)

Kreations By Khrys

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 2:09 PM

Turtleheart, you can't get a decent faery with M3. M3 figure is too massive and muscular, other than a barbarian hero is pretty difficoult to achieve with a figure with shoulders like melons as M3 has, IMHO...

Better try David, Hiro or even Luke. Luke is an ugly character who doesn't look like a young boy but like a small man with a big head, but you could be surprised about wn¡hat can be achieved twaking a little dials and using some Expansion morphs available for him. I got almost 20 different male faery characters who populate my renders using only Luke and sometimes David or Hiro and taking morphs and textures from here and there. Really my only problem is clothing...not a damn shit for males compared to the heaps and heaps and heaps of stuff for V3

Don't ask for products for males here, this is useless. Merchants only create easy money V3, and more V3, and then V3 and a little more V3 after something for Aiko. You will have to look on freestuff kingdoms or perhaps on Daz3d or Poserpros. Freestuff artists create whatever they want without bothering about how much a product for males sells. :tt2:

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 8:28 PM

file_355370.jpg

Wow. Nice to know my hard work counts for 'useless'. I've been working on this character when I'm not busting my butt at my full time, 40 hour a week job. There's some problems with the inner mouth, however, so I may end up having to remake him.

M3 is not massive and muscular, it's just a matter of having the right morphs to adjust his build. The simplest method to make his shoulders seem smaller is to increase the size of the head and shrink the shoulders along the X scale. I'm heading out the door in less than five minutes, or I'd boot up Poser and toss up a render of the character wearing my Ganymede Reborn bodymorph.

Kreations By Khrys

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 29 September 2006 at 10:38 PM

Khrys, your work is precious to my 3D male figures !!  I'm a fan.

I for one would like to see less bulked up male characters, but never hurt for me to crank those morphs on my 3D males until I completely ruin the mesh !  hehe heh.

Yeah, sure, the females always get more attention.  Good economics.  Be happy, all you merchants who thrive on the female product.  Meanwhile, we fans of the male figures will continue to DIY, and then rejoice when something comes along for our guys.

Eternal Hobbyist

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 2:37 AM

HI, Khrys, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to ofend you and your work. It was a hard day looking for male clothing and complements on every site and only finding V3 and more V3 and not getting answer from merchants only interested on V3 and Aiko.

The only answer I got lately was from Thorne. I wrote him asking him why he never create male faeries and then he replied my "threatening" letter would be reported to Renderosity staff as if I was a criminal...Sure this guy is heartless, despite being all day among faeries...

So, figure.
Please, I apologize, Khrys, your work is very welcome and I would like to know when your new work is finished, and if I can't write here again here this will be because Thorne will boot me out of Renderosity just for telling him he should create males...

Just for general knowledge, this was the contents of my letter:

"Hello, Thorne, with all my respects I am directly writing to you since a month ago I posted a negative review of your work at MOM interview and you never read this because Renderosity staff CENSORS the negative or critic remarks.

My opinion to you was negative because you never create male characters or clothing, IMHO you always do the same female faeries once and again, discriminating males and perhaps creating a female-only fake perception of beauty, respect and love.

That opinion, despite being polite and constructive, was CENSORED and never reached the "Member opinions" place despite I posted this almost a month ago. I am trying again. It's not nice Renderosity staff filtering the opinions and letting flow only the good and "how wonderful you are" comments. If this opinion is filtered again on MOM, I will post in general forums, and if this is filtered there too I will accept quitting Renderosity since I don't want to belong to a community where free speech doesn't exist and all merchants and artists are considered perfect, superb and no failure.

Thanks"

And his only answer was:

"your threatening letter has been forwarded to the site admin."

Go figure. I don't feel encouraged to participate on a community where a guy giving negative feedback or asking a merchant for gender equity is considered a "threatener" and reported to site admin.

mada ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 5:53 AM

Hi Josema8

Just for your information, here are the male characters by Thorne, so your statement and negative review is not accurate. He works very hard on all his characters and deserves being the VOM this month.

Paradox Pookling: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2942

Bolt: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3570

Rumplestiltskin: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4235

Pookling Twins: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4235

Faerietale Giant: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4236

and my personal favourite faerieboy: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4410

Hope this clears up any issue you have with Thorne not creating male characters. Have a nice day :)

...faith, trust and pixiedust

mada ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 6:23 AM

oh and there's an excellent post by new_tower at faeriewylde on how to make your own fae characters out of existing morphs and characters out there, including M3 :)

http://www.faeriewylde.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=21990

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 6:41 AM

Not a problem, Jose, I tend to be a cranky brat when I've gotta go in to work. Shouldn't have taken it so personally, this morph is very frustrating. shakes M3 like mad Work with me, man, work with me!

Kreations By Khrys

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 6:51 AM

Yes, Deleeuw, but on civilized countries and dealing with civilized people, the right answer to such (wrong on my part)  message should have been :

"Dear Sir, I am afraid you are wrong. I am doing my best to offer male characters from time to time too. Perhaps unfortunatelly you didn't find or you didn't right identify my other products, for instance you can find..."

, because I purchased and used McLeod (he is not a faerieboy, BTW) and Pooklings ages ago and I didn't notice these products were Thorne's, for instance.

Not just answering a menace my message has been reported to site admin, that shows brainless status and a low personal quality "King of faeries" showed off. That was his only answer, "Your threatening message has been reported to site admin". Did I threat what?... Really, really annoying and an answer that really told few in favor of this Vendor.

A similar answer should have been expected from VOM censorship staff a month ago instead of just deleting my message without a single warning or given reason (at this point, Renderosity staff apologized for this their fault by this morning on a private message I deeply thank and I understood and accepted).

If Thorne had answered like a gentleman I would have PUBLIC apologized for my mistake, so easy and this is how things work, but due the mean, childish and irresponsible answer on Thorne's side, you could understand I can't offer that apologize.

mada ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 7:11 AM

Well then your bone to pick is with me, I interpreted your comment about posting all over the forums if your opinion didn't get approved as a threat and advised him to forward it. If you didn't mean it the way it sounded then you have my apologies. Have a peaceful day :)

mada ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 7:14 AM · edited Sat, 30 September 2006 at 7:19 AM

Sorry to derail the thread... I would love to see a M3 male fae, preferably by Thorne and Sarsa but I know how busy they are with work... Khrys your M3 looks very promising ;)

Mada

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 7:40 AM

NP, Deleeuw, you don't have to apology. :-)

And definatelly, YES, that character is giving Khrys some problems, but looks enormously promising, since that character has a touch of young maturity I absolutelly like and absolutelly fits for an elf or a male fae even if this is based on M3.

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 7:58 AM

P.D. Who needs Thorne if we have Khrys and Unicornst working hard and being much more polite?...grunt!!!!

😠

😉   😉   😉   😉

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 8:49 AM

BTW, Liquidanime is offering the gorgeous Shelby for M3 and for D3, that forms a gorgeous slim faery  too, with gothic or normal skin and an slight make-up that makes them a good worth the money. I bought some time ago and the results are very nice.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=376977

That touching to characters, and I wish they decided to create clothing too. It's almost useless having a nice character if you don't have clothing and complements for them, as it was asked on the thread. 

I clothed some of my male characters, but having to adapt and tweak V3 clothing. Sometimes this can be done, but most of times this can't. So sad and hard is the life of a poor Poser renderer who believes not all 3D is a world of females without males in 200 milles, running sexy and almost nude on a temple with a sword...

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 8:58 AM

I hardly find myself polite. ;)

I'm generally a loud mouthed, obnoxious person who /tries/ at politeness sometimes.

I went ahead and started re-working the morph, rather than trying to fix my old screw up. Hopefully, if the full time job doesn't keep me utterly exhausted as it has over the past few weeks... (Mom recently had a mild stroke (she's recovering quickly, according to the doctor) and has been unemployed, I'm now trying to cover a mortgage on low grade retail pay and Poser earnings until she can get back on her feet...)

Well, in any event, working morphs always relaxes and calms me (except when I have real major issues!). Since there's definite interest, I'll try to get him done within the next few weeks, but no promises, because I like to release full sets, not just base characters, so the texture may take time too. :)

Kreations By Khrys

Thorne ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 1:02 PM

Josema8, as Mada pointed out,  I consulted with her and others about how to respond to your message and was told it seemed threatening to the people I consulted as well. I am sorry that you cannot accept your mistake without further trying to defame someone by posting  insults (childish, brainless, etc.) in a public forum. Perhaps if you worked as hard on creating the characters at DAZ as we did, and then have someone blatantly disregard this work and threaten to post such inaccuracies in public forums you would understand my response.

The truth is partially based on economics as Khrys pointed out. Further, a merchant should not have to be defamed simply because they prefer to work with one character or characters over another. I prefer working with the female figures, simple as that. However, we do intend to do more with Hiro in the future, specifically creating more figures along the style of those in the Final Fantasy VII movie. All generation 3 morph targets are interchangeable, with the exception of M3 and the Freak.

To create a faerie from Stratus, turn on the pointy ears. =;)

Khrys, you do nice work, and as you know  I have purchased some of it. In particular I love your custom body morphs for SP3, They are excellent. I hope your mom gets better soon. :)

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 2:23 PM

Thorne, your response was unsuitable an disproportionated and infuriated me on my full right, fullstop.

If I was wrong (and I really was, I agree, I was VERY wrong), the right answer from you should have been to talk to the other people to see what was wrong as I stated above, not childish reporting to site admin a threaten that doesn't exist (I was threatening site admin my free speech was being hurted and I should take action about this until they explained me what happened, I was not threatening you as you can see if you read my message again). Not a single threaten or bad word or insult  or  wrong  thought on my message for  YOU.

I am a person and I can talk about things. I can be wrong and you can be wrong, on my country people talks instead, people don't imagine threatens, menaces and attacks before being sure that was a real threaten, a real menace or a real attack and the other didn't understand after being requested. You jumped over this step.

Lillian kindly apologized on a very acceptable manner for not informing me my message was being deleted because of site policies (they should have informed me and for some reason they didn't).  Did this this morning (Spanish time).

I agreed with shame my fault on this thread when I discovered the exposed reasons on my message were not accurate, site admin privately agreed his fault for not informing me about the message deletion and creating an overexagerated and violent situation aggravated by your (sorry but really childish) answer, so now be a gentleman and agree yours, because a polite message like mine was answered by you with a rude site admin reporting THREATEN (and fact) instead of the explanations and talk you are giving right now and others had to give me instead of yourself, whose only answer was "your threatening message was reported to site admin".

Man, this was not deserving.

josema8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:39 PM · edited Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_355432.jpg

...and my problems with Thorne's behavior doesn't fade the true things I should tell:

If anybody on this thread is interested, Stratus was the base for one of my best male faery characters (I didn't notice this was Thorne's creation, I didn't know he created for DAZ, I just used the morph and texture and I didn't look at the author). That's along with Samildanach's Beautiful Boy-REBIRTH and Unicornst's Asandar, the best textures and morph availables for Hiro if one has in mind something beautiful and slim.

Thanks, Thorne for this beautiful resource for males on Hiro you gave with Stratus McCLeod.

mada ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 3:48 PM

Gosh Khrys, I hope your mom gets better soon - she's very lucky to have you. Good luck with everything.

hugs
Mada

Thorne ( ) posted Sat, 30 September 2006 at 10:01 PM

Thanks for your purchase Josema8 and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Here's another cute faerie guy (Hiro) posted at FaerieWylde:  😄

http://www.faeriewylde.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=220875

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2006 at 11:07 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_355596.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes for mom. I'm happy to report she's about 80-90% of where she was previously, and getting better daily. She's fully functional in daily life now, it's just a matter of time seeing when she'll be able to go back to work. (She's a nurse, so she needs both hands fully functional to do treatments/pass meds, and right now, her right hand isn't fully functional) I'm really amazed at how strong she is. I hope I grow to be half as strong as I get older. :)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand! Here's a shot of my re-worked morph, this one with NO problems that I see off the top of my head. He's still not done, because I'm working with his eye shape a bit later, I think. Not quite happy with it, or the bridge of the nose. (The head, by the way, can change sizes with a seperate morph to make him look much older by just decreasing the head size, which changes his proportions significantly...)

Is this something like you were interested in, Turtleheart? The skin texture is just Ganymede's, while the eyebrows and eyes are from an upcoming product for V3...

Thorne, thank you very much for the compliment, that means a lot (especially since Xie is my baby!). I've admired your work since your original p4 girls back when I was starting Poser and poking and prodding my way through it clumsily. :)

Kreations By Khrys

mada ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 1:31 AM

Oh I like your morph so far 😄

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Tue, 03 October 2006 at 7:56 AM

file_355668.jpg

Here's a closer shot, with a little fun postwork to make it less render, more 'art'. :)

He's using only M3, thus far, not any of M3's morphs to adjust his look, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. :)

Kreations By Khrys

josema8 ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 5:25 PM

Yep, I think this has a pretty good feeling!. :-D
Really doesn't look like M3!. This draws an sweeter character than most of angular and ugly M3 characters out there. Don't forget to give him some spiky ears ;-)
It seems almost umbelievable finding a cute fantasy character who has not breasts...almost...almost a miracle, so, PLEASE, finish this and give us soon! :-D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.