Mon, Sep 23, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Boy Clothing

blizzard ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 11:48 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

For every 2 dozen pieces of good clothing for a Girl there is maybe 1 piece of good clothing for boys.

Hey! Boys like to look cool to.
Luke & Matt specificaly.

I can't come up with any good examples but want to put something so..
Tuxedo, Leather Jacket or other cool stylish coats, Sci Fi types, Boots, etc.

Scott

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 1:41 PM

Maybe this is the most repeated request and the less attended one on this site and on every Poser site where request are allowed...:-(

Why do you think my Avatar, an Harlekin, is torso nude?...No Harlekin clothing for Luke!!! :scared:

Luke and Matt!!!!, boys in general!. Medieval clothes, Indian clothes, stylish coats, highlander, elfic, tales, everyday...Harlekin (Pierrot)...everything fits perfect for boys too, but nobody seems interested on creating for other than for girls...it's almost a pest!. Our males are condemned to walk around fantasy worlds nude, while their female counterparts have whole trailers of sweet clothing of all kinds, medieval, sci-fi, fantasy, modern, fashion...that's a sexist outrage and a lack of attention and creative imagination by merchants and artists, IMHO

Look, Blizzard. I designed 18 elfic characters based on Luke, a figure that is perfect for non-massive, non macho-man creations, and I could only dress 3 of them so far, using some of the very very very rare Luke's clothing found at DAZ or PoserPros or PoserWorld and resizing, un-breasting, butt-shrinking some V3 pieces. The rest...I find myself unable to dress. Nothing on their wardrobe ...:glare:

blizzard ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 1:57 AM

Many thanks for the input.

And some Excellent examples of what there is not any of.

C'Mon creators.
Create!

I read elsewhere that most creators create for the larger market.
I can understand that I guess.
I don't really know what putting fancy conforming clothing together involves but heres a thought...

If I create a shirt in the real world, in order to sell it many times over I have to create many shirts.
But here all they need is one file. And a place to store that one file & thats it, right?
Then it's Just a matter of collecting the checks even if there few & far between.

If someone was to put together a good package of fancy clothing for boys It would sell cause they would have a monopoly, so to speak.
Now girls clothing. Theres some competition.

And I just had an idea for a scene.
Hmmm...

Blizzard

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2006 at 8:23 PM

One suggestion.... buy Wardrobe Wizard and convert the adult male clothing that is available to Luke and Matt.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 3:05 AM

I don't know wardrobe wizard, but I bought and tried Clothes Converter, from Daz3d, and the results were not very good. I supose the same will apply to wardrobe wizard...good, almost perfect for converting something from V3 to SP3 where minimum tweaking is required (the femms again!!!!!), but really bad for converting something from M3 to Luke as far as I have found with this app. The same Wardrobe Wizard merchant offers a demo before buying his program because "results can not be as expected...", as he wisely warns.
This erases all my trust on these apps. Only way to get decent clothing is the merchant to rebuild and adapt the meshes, no automatic program can do this with a suitable quality.

And well, let's say we don't have exactly Tons of M3 stuff either...

...and I think most of merchants have their templates built with breasts and big butts, so they work on these creating once and again for V3 instead of working new templates and new lines for dressing the males.

Now the new plage is Aiko!!!!...I WISH I could see a Luke plage or a David plage or at least a M3 plage some day!!!!!...my nude characters would thank this no doubt...

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 3:10 AM · edited Thu, 12 October 2006 at 3:13 AM

I agree... purpose built clothing is obviously best. But... Wardrobe Wizard does give a very good result.

I cant understand why the merchants who make adult male versions of clothing don't modify them to fit the kids.... they stand to make more money if they did.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 10:45 PM

One of the reasons this is a problem is the (possibly unintentional) closed nature of "How to do...(whatever...for Poser" that seems to mark the community.

I've spent nearly a year fooling with Poser and related programs and still have yet to find a single tutoral that shows me how to go about even making an injection pose! How DO people go about creating content? Is it so complex and arcaine that only professionals with access to and knowlege of high end modeling programs can do it? The poser manual (such as it pretends to be) is of less than no help. I read much and understand only a small percentage. I'm not a stupid fellow either... I own two master's degrees, and have taught at a university for 20+ years.

Why is all of this so secretive? Or have I just not hooked up with the right source to clue me in on just what's involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!

The Wiz

ziggie ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 11:51 PM

Quote - One of the reasons this is a problem is the (possibly unintentional) closed nature of "How to do...(whatever...for Poser" that seems to mark the community.

basicwiz: Sorry.. I have to disagree with your first paragraph. You only have to look through the main Poser forum at just a few of the many 1000's of requests for help to see that the Rendo Poser community can be extremely helpful.

In the past 2 weeks... I asked for technical advice regarding a project I am working on. People within the community know that I am a vendor and know that the project I am working on will be going on sale.

The advice I got... and have often got in the past... came from other vendors in the main, so it is not a case of people keeping their secrets to themselves.

As for tutorials... I highly reccomend Dr. Geeps tutorials as a starting point... dozens of them from the very basics to the... arcane. There are many tutorials at DAZ3D as well.

'How DO people go about creating content?'  Well... it certainly can be complex at times, depending upon what you want to model but I wouldn't call it arcane.

It certainly isn't a case of only professionals with high end machines or modeling programs either. I am certainly no professional, and I doubt the majority of vendors would class themselves as professionals. Most are everyday people... regular jobs... housewives... whatever...

There are people who produce content for Poser who use free or very cheap modeling programs.

The Poser manual is like most manuals I guess... even those for the modeling programs.. basic instructions on how to use the relevant program.

Personally... I learnt what little I know through experimentation. Above all else, a great deal of patience is needed. Modelling can be a pretty steep learning curve... I learn something new... or a better/easier way to do something I have been doing ... every few days.

No... you haven't hooked up with the wrong source.. Rendo is THE source.. for help and advice. Visit the Poser forum... look through the old posts... and ask for help where needed.

You might just find that the Poser community is not as secretive as you currently feel it is  😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.