Mon, Sep 9, 5:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: After 17 Years...

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 8:35 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

originalkitten ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 8:39 PM

Aww I am so sorry for your loss.....I know how you feel.....I had to get a cat sent to sleep a few year back and I was devastated.... your in my thoughts xoxox

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

DarkEdge ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 8:42 PM · edited Thu, 05 October 2006 at 8:43 PM

file_355868.jpg

we feel your loss.

Comitted to excellence through art.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 8:51 PM

Attached Link: http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

I'm so sorry ![](http://loftydesigns.net/host/smilies/bawling.gif)  They become such a part of our lives that they really are family. He was such a beautiful boy!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 9:56 PM

I'm very saddened for your loss.   What a beautiful boy he was.  Cherish his memory and yes he is just on the other side of the veil watching over you with playful eyes and spirit! 

All the best

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 10:19 PM

Oh, Lyne, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I almost felt I knew Travis, from your beautiful photos and textures.

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 10:21 PM

Oh Lyne, I'm so sorry about Travis.  I've used his likeness in many of my renders and he was a beautiful boy.  I feel your pain sweetie.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 10:38 PM

Oh, that has me in tears :crying:

I love your textures - thank you for sharing Travis with all of us. I have had to make that very painful decision you've made for my cats (many years ago) and my precious Golden Retriever. :sad:   

You're right - knowing you did the right thing is good, but it doesn't change how much it hurts  I STILL cry when I think of my Golden, over 5 years later - I KNOW how terribly hard this is.  My heart is with you!  {{HUG}}  . 

Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 10:43 PM

No words can say what I feel so simply ... Hugs

billy423uk ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2006 at 10:48 PM

lost some loved pets in my time and i have a good idea how you feel. i remember crying like a child in the street outside the vets when i had to take a hard choice.  not a lot anyone can say really but here's a hug ((((((lyne))))))) 

billy

Helen ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 12:17 AM

Lynne I am so sorry. I know the pain of losing a furry family member. {{Hugs}} Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 12:39 AM

I am so sorry to hear this Lynn.

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 12:53 AM

I'm sorry Lynn.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 1:15 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss :(

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 2:19 AM · edited Fri, 06 October 2006 at 2:21 AM

I had to put my condolences in, too. I had a very similar experience with our 17 year old cat a few years ago too. It was so very sad having to put her to sleep after all the delight she brought into our lives. We really miss her little furry presence around the house.

barrowlass ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 3:35 AM

so sorry Lynne,

we had our little cat for 15 years - she was part of our family.  After she left us, we got our present cat Sooty - who's owned us for 9 years - cats have a special magic

Sheila

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 3:52 AM

I am so sorry Lynn, my heart is with you.  Sharen

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 6:35 AM

That is sad.

Daio ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 7:27 AM

Oh Lyne, I am so sorry to here of your loss. I know what's its like to lose a beloved feline. And to have to make the heart-breaking decision to put one to sleep. ((Virtual hug)) You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

ragnar ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 8:20 AM · edited Fri, 06 October 2006 at 8:24 AM

Sorry to hear this, I love cats, even if I am allergic to them, lost my first one when I was 20, while away from home. After 18 years I still feel the loss but also have thousands of wonderful memories..

hugs

Ragnar

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 10:19 AM

I'm so sorry Lyne, He was one special cat.

Love is Grandchildren.

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 2:27 PM

So sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful cat!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 2:40 PM

our sincere condolences. maybe you'll have a new kittie soon.

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 3:05 PM

Big hugs, i call mine all the names under the sun but id be gutted if i lost him

Jack

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 6:19 PM · edited Fri, 06 October 2006 at 6:29 PM

Thank you all SO much for your warm thoughts and hugs!! I wonder...how best to find out if everyone would be okay if I collected an album of Travis travels 3d pics and make an album tribute to him on my own web site...with name credits of course!! I think this would be a wonderful project!

I guess I could collect the ones I would like to use, then contact each person for written permission... (this idea/plan just occured to me, as his virtual life here has always made me SO happy)....

Lyne

PS Oooh dear, the new search engine will not help me...could you all send me links to your imags or ones you may have seen with him in them? Now I wish I had saved them all, and I don't know how to FIND them....I know there are a LOT here....

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 9:50 PM

I feel with you Lyne.

There are cats and then there are cats.
Even if we love them all dearly once in a while one of them will become that very special one.

Me sends big hug to Lyne

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 10:17 PM

Lyne, I know how awful it is to lose a beloved pet :(  I've unfortunately lost a few in my days, and my heart goes out to you. 
If I come across any images that credit you with your Travis texture, I'll be sure to let you know.

Jeni

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 10:39 PM

I think that's a great idea Lyne and I just sent you an IM with some links to my own images with Travis.  Sorry the links aren't clickable...I don't know how to do that.  😊

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 10:49 PM

OH thank you... no matter how long it takes, I really want to do this "album" and this is a great start...

and it helps so much to feel "not alone" right now! Thanks!!

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 10:53 PM

Attached Link: Travis

Here's the first image I ever did with Travis.  It was also the first image I ever submitted to DAZ's monthly gallery.  It made the cut, leading me to believe it was easy.  Hah!  I've never had an image chosen for the monthly gallery since.  Obviously, it was Travis' charm that did it. 

Foxseelady ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 4:05 PM

Lyne I am so sad for you, reading your note on Travis made me near tears. I have and always have had a pet of some sort or another or two or three in my home. I know how very special they become and how very very hard it is to let them go. My hugs go out to you.

SWAM ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 4:48 PM

I am so sorry for you Lyne.

Dont think about what you lost - rather think about the time you could spend with him for those many years.

Luck is a cat...

Monika

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 5:15 PM · edited Sat, 07 October 2006 at 5:26 PM

Oh how sad!  But Travis will live forever... In your heart and in all the renders...  He will always be a part of the Poser family.

Gosh, the memorial pages made me cry...  You should add a page where his fans can leave their wishes!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 5:36 PM

Sorry to hear about the passing of Analogue Travis Lyne - it's great that he'll have some continued life as Digital Travis.

I don't know what they're putting in the cat food these days but my cat made it to 20 years - I suspect they stay on the extra time to catch the long-running day-time soaps while no-one's around...

All Best

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 5:44 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=85631&member

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=53563&member

I can't get the links to work, sorry.  I used Travis as base on these (very) old renders of mine.  Kind of ironic, that one of them was a memorial for our own cat...

-Heike-

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 12:39 AM

**hmatienzo, do you mind if I save a copy of the one you used for your memorial? It is special and I would like to include it! :)

THank you all, again for your words that made me sigh, cry and smile!! :)

Lyne**

stormchaser ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 3:39 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss Lyne.

I've lost two cats in the last couple of years & I know how it feels. I still have their pictures on the wall in my hallway. Some people just don't understand the affection we & our furry friends have for each other.

sd012q ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2006 at 6:49 AM

im really sorry to hear that you lost your cat i lost my dog last a few years ago she was 11 and such a great dog
she loved kids so much and always looked out for my daughter when she was a baby
i miss her so much even now and it hurts i have still got her lead

but i also have anohter dog called brandy the same name i gae my dear old freind
and in many ways she is so much like my little puppy as i would always call her
many things she does it reminds me of her
now its just loving happy memories i think when i think of my brandy my little puppy
i am really sorry for your loss of travis

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 8:29 PM

Thank You once again for all your kind words and sharing...

I have been gone from the Internet for two days now, as my full grief finally set in.  I was NOT prepared for the fact that a devoted animal could fight the sedative medication that would help him in preparation for the final injection! 

I have gone through this with two other beloved long lived cats, first Pumpkin who live to the 20 and died truly of just naturally old age where his body stopped functioning and yet in his sort of oblivious way was still purring and smiling at me as I carried them in for the last time to the vet, and then the very intelligent almost human Clancy Cat at age 18 who was dying of cancer very painfully accepted his sedative out in the car and became very sleepy and unaware and then his injection was very quick and peaceful as he was relieved of his terrible illness.

But Then my beloved sick old Travis cat, who is truly my unconditionally loving angel of a soulmate companion fought the first sedative that was a double dose... out in the car on my lap in front of the veterinary office...  he would not relax, and had to have a second different kind that was stronger and then he went into a rather fitful dream like state - all of which took almost an hour before we could carry him in where they explained that they had to put a catheter in his leg because "if they fight this and have to give a second one it's easier"...  Obviously they know what they're doing and they know that some animals do this but I was not prepared - I had never heard anyone else's experience of this before ...

And so making this difficult decision after sitting with Travis for three days and watching him the last day and a half be unable to drink or eat (he had IBS like his me, and was on medication and I think at the end there was more wrong inside than was apparent because he did not show any other symptoms) or even sleep (he would not even put his head down) and I knew he was in pain the last 24 hours (he had stopped being able to purr) but he would not leave his body on his own...  Well all of this made it a horrific process and my grief that much more because I could not accept for a while that I did the right thing until I screamed and cried and ranted and raved and finally my higher power made me remember seeing him suffer that I finally accepted that I did the right thing and that he was not mad at me - he simply did not want to leave me.

I have been unable to share this reality until now and until I moved through a little more of my deep grief... but I felt that I wanted to explain that this grief is the deepest I have ever felt.  Think of the person or the animal in your life that you loved the most and who loved you the most back unconditionally that you lost and you'll know where I am. I am going to try as I am able to make his tribute online album, because it's very special and important to me, and I am very grateful for all of your help and generosity for art images with him but if I and disappear for periods of time you'll understand.  I know that grief has stages and I know that I must move through them but one never knows exactly how that will go or how long it will take to at least get to the point of a sort of painful peace.

LindaB ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 8:46 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, Lynne :-(
It's so heartbreaking to lose a beloved feline friend - my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Linda B

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 9:04 PM

Sorry for your lost:(

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Tue, 10 October 2006 at 9:29 PM

Travis loved you so much that he didn't want to leave you.... and you loved him so much that you couldn't allow your friend to suffer.

You gave him the hardest gift we can give them.... to let them go when they need to go even if we lose them physically. But we never lose them spiritually, they will always be with us in that way and our memories.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2006 at 1:03 AM

I hope you have been getting renders for your memorial, I noticed that your other post seems to be unanswered. :m_sadblink:

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2006 at 11:02 PM

actually friends have made pics and I got a list of search links in the community forum...and permission from some friends... but need the courage/time to go through some gallerys to look more... just three have not replied, maybe they are not posting here any more... thanks for caring!

bethc1952 ( ) posted Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:26 AM · edited Thu, 12 October 2006 at 9:31 AM

Attached Link: Ilse's Cat

My deepest sympathies on the passing of Travis. I know how much pets become a part of the family! This is my first-ever post in this forum, although I have learned so much from reading all the posts! Here's a link to my "Creative Stuff" blog. "Ilse's Cat" is the second picture from the top. It's a picture I made for my secretary when her cat, who strongly resembled Travis, died of old age. It hangs in a frame over her desk. BTW, the first picture was made using "Pumpkin". Beth

One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation.  Right at the start of everything that's new, one little spark lights up for you!

hmatienzo ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:38 PM

Lyne, I'd be honored if you used mine.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 11:22 PM

Hi Beth, and welcome to forum posting...although a sad thread to start.... I am starting SLOWLY to move beyond the worst of the pain... actually getting some 3d stuff worked on... had a friend test my DAZ zebra morph and re-map freebie with the new DAZ Safari Bundle (it works!) and I got a Bryce mats to Vue tutorial done and on line...still hanging back from the Travis album yet...just not ready for that...

Thank you, hmatienzo, I am sure I have yours labeled and saved in my special folder! :)

Lyne

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 10:20 AM

Hugs

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 4:29 PM

Oh dear! I'm so sorry for your loss, Lyne! It's always awful to lose a cat and in this case, even more so.

Look out for strays. I'm sure he'll come back!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 5:23 PM

Very sorry for your loss.  We've fairly recently adopted two of them from the animal rescue folks ourselves.  They quickly turn into full members of the family, don't they?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.