Thu, Oct 3, 12:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: rigging in poser need help

billy423uk ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 7:43 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:18 PM

sorry for popping up for help all the time.

i've managed to name all the parts and now i'm trying to rig the thing. my question is this.

i place the a bone and parent it.....then go to the next bone in and do the same.  lets say i've just completed the hip to head chain and am starting on the right collar. how do i get the thin line that attatches the collar to the breast bone that line that runs from one bone to another. when i try all that happens is the bone attatches itself to another bone

thnks for any help given

billy

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 9:03 PM
lazycatstudio ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 9:05 PM

Create both, the left and the right collar bone, then select one of them and drag its origin around. You should be able to move it to its intended position while the parenting bone stays in place.

For obvious reasons you can do this only where the skeleton branches.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 9:44 PM

With the bone creation tool selected click and drag away from the center of the chest bone. If you have created a bone and it is not attached, or is attached in the wrong place, open the hierarchy window, select and drag it into the correct hierarchial position there.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2006 at 11:31 PM

or you can click on the chest with the translation tool and go back to the bone tool and drag from there....as you can see, as with everything, there is more then one way to skin a cat :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

billy423uk ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 12:52 AM

thank you once again kind people.

billy

billy423uk ( ) posted Sat, 07 October 2006 at 5:26 AM

managed to do the chest and hip junctions. but i'll be gosh darn stiffled with the eyes. been trying to get them done so they are both parented to the head like the collars are to the chest but no way can i get that line. i've tried everything 20 times and i'm near exploding sorry but i need help again.

billy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.