Sat, Sep 21, 12:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: Small breasts and making the clothes fit right?

whoopdat ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2001 at 8:04 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

Howdy folks. I've been MIA for a while, but hey, I'm back. :) I've done a couple of searches but didn't see anyone else talking about this, so, I figured I'd ask. My problem is pretty simple. Clothes by default are shaped for the default breast size, but if they're smaller, making the clothes fit properly seems to be near impossible. So what I'm looking for are suggestions or ways you folks are able to do it. I've tried scaling and such, and that doesn't really work. I'm still not that great with magnets, and I'm thinking to do it with magnets would take several magnets just for one piece of clothing, and even then, as said, I'm not that great with magents, so I'm not sure I would really know how to do it anyway. Any suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. P.S. If I didn't explain it well enough I can post a picture or two to illustrate it.

Kevin ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2001 at 10:11 PM

Well, it is certainly easier to do with magnets than the solution I have used when needed, which is to use Cinema4D to edit the hell out of the mesh and build another piece of clothing based on that. Traveler has a set of basic magnets on his morphworld site, and yes, you will need multiple magnets in most cases. I have used something like six in some cases. Despite how difficult this seems I can assure you it is almost always easier than reworking the mesh in an editor.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2001 at 11:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=the3dwizard

Keep working with the magnets. Just takes patience and practice. Once you get the hang of it you will love magnets. Most all of the morphs in my first clothing kit were created using magnets. Also the breast morphs in my clothing morphs kit 2 were created using magnets. However, I did resize the P4 clothes for Vicky in Rhino. But I have since figured out how to do that with magnets as well.

Krel ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:40 AM

Actually, Traveler has a set of clothing (and chest) magnets at his Morphworld site that are excellent......I use them all the time and you can get clothese to fit small (or large)-breasted figures with ease. Just spawn a new morph target on the clothing..........try it, you'll like it! (it's really easy to use) Krel

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 5:32 PM

I always have the same problem, I had better try Krel's suggestion immediately. Magnets drive me nuts, but I do so many busty Poser gals based on (5)real women I've known that I'd better investigate the3Dwizard's cure as well.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 5:59 PM

It isn't a huge job making the morphs, but if the clothing was something you bought. it certainly should alreay have them, for-sale items really should come with at least chest adjustment morphs. Of course with Free-Stuff you often get what you pay for ;-)

whoopdat ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 6:51 PM

Well I've tried Traveler's magnets and haven't had much luck yet. The default size on the magnet is set for flat chest, and getting the magnet to work for an in-between size has thus far been an excercise in futility. I may as well be trying to make snow on the surface of the sun. I guess I need more time yet with figuring out how to get the magnets to do what I want. I can see I'm almost there with them at times, but well, I'm still pretty lost. Thanks for the suggestions though, much appreciated.

Kevin ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 7:32 PM

I have generally found that magnets, with practice, can get you pretty close. But there are areas that will require multiple magents. It seems that using several smaller magnets works better than trying to do it with one or two big magnets. In addition, the nipple location changes when the breast size changes, so this has to be reworked. I usually end up exporting the morphed and modifed clothes and tweaking the mesh directly. The main problem I have with directly editing the mesh is keeping it smooth. That is probably a problem with the technique I use.

GrayMare ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2001 at 7:54 PM

The "big humoungous boob" magnets that we discussed last week are placed well enough that they shrink boobs (and clothes) pretty well too. Just include the shoulders and abdomen of the model and the clothing in the "add element to deform" dialog box. the title in free stuff is: Morph Targets from Wyrmmaster's Breast By: wulfie66 Apr 17, 2001 I guess they should work well as small breast targets, since they are from Wyrm's breasts (see title), and I assume he's got pretty small ones... GrayMare

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 12:49 AM

If you are not keen on playing with magnets yet, there have been various clothing breast morph targets posted. Betzta? one of the guys at PoserFactory, had posted a set of breast MT's for several of the standard P4 female clothing tops. Not there now. You might try to ask RYO what happened to them and if they are still available somewhere. Also, StormChaser had done a nice set of "WonderBra" morphs for quite a few of the fm tops. ..OK, thought they were here, but no. May have been an old PFO FunStuff post. Well -- sorry to have taunted you with stuff no longer available. :-(

whoopdat ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2001 at 1:55 AM

Well, I tried the magnets you suggested GrayMare and they were ok, but I decided to give it a whirl one more time with my own. 4 magnets (2 per) and a good chunk of time later and I have a pretty generic magnet set that's working well (so far) on a couple of different pieces of clothing. There's still a little more tweaking to be done I'm sure, but they're not too bad considering how badly I stink with magnets (leaving the clothing a bit lumpy, but not atrociously so). At any rate, all of the stuff suggested so far is appreciated, and seeing others' magnets was a help in getting me to get off my rear end and try making my own. :) Nance, thanks for the suggestions, and well, I'll see how far I get with my magnets and then maybe I'll look those up. :) Thanks again folks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.