Sat, Sep 21, 4:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Making V3 mertail fit SP3

SandyJS ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 2:43 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 5:30 PM

Could someone please point me in the direction of instructions on how to rework the mertail so it will fit Stephanie?  I've tried working with the dials available, but somethings just aren't fitting right.  So I may have to rework it a bit to fit.

Thanks for the help,

Sandy

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 4:07 PM

I have never been successful in getting the tail to fit SP3. I've tried dials and rescaling. I've even tried wardrobe wizard, but none of it was successful :(

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Artalgo ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 11:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=651451

file_356660.jpg

I used The Tailor (available from DAZ 3D) to get the tail to fit SP3 as you can see in the picture. It wasn't perfect, but I only had to do a minor bit of postwork to remove the flaws.  A larger version can be seen at the attached link.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 13 October 2006 at 11:15 PM

Which morphs did you transfer?

Artalgo ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 12:26 AM

It's been so long, I don't remember which morphs I used. And I don't seem to have the SP3 mertail in my Poser library any more.  I do know it was a fairly lengthy process and took a few attempts before I was successful. I think the following is how I did it:
I first created a V3 mannikin with a SP3 morph. To create the mannikin I went to File, Import, Wavefront object in Poser. I then went to RuntimeGeometriesDAZPeople and loaded the blMilWom_v3.obj file, making sure none of the boxes on the Prop import options screen were checked. The I went to Object, Load Morph Target. From the same folder, I loaded the blStephaniePetite.obj file. For a label I probably used SP3. I then saved her as a Poser prop, calling her something like "V3 to SP3."
In Tailor I loaded the V3 to SP3 prop as the figure and the mertail as the dress. (You need to change the filename to *.pp2 when loading the figure, in order to make Tailor see the prop.)  I selected the SP3 morph and had Tailor transfer it to the mertail, saving the result. In Poser I have a set of poses for setting joint parameters on various figures and used the SP3 one on the new mertail, so it would conform properly to SP3. I don't remember where I found the JP poses, probably here on Renderosity.
To add any of SP3's morphs I had to save an SP3 figure in Poser with the morphs injected, load Tailor, set up the morphed SP3 as the figure and the new mertail as the dress, and let Tailor do its thing.
As I said, a rather lengthy process. And I don't know if I remembered all the steps. I think I may have had to scale the original mertail down to SP3's size and save it as a new figure before I got it to work well in Tailor.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 1:56 AM

Whoa!!!  You're not kidding about it being a lengthy process!  I don't think i'll be trying that anytime soon.  That's way over my head and experience level.   I'll bookmark it though for future reference and pass it along to those who may inquire about the same process :)

SandyJS ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 7:15 AM

Man I second that one!  I'm not afraid to try new things, but that' one that I'll have to wait to try!  Thanks for the information.  Anyone else try something similar?

Sandy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.