Sun, Oct 6, 11:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Can't see comments or captions

Rykk ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 6:02 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 9:10 AM

Hi all - I just switched to the Firefox internet browser a few days ago. I've been having a lot of trouble with my pc for the last week or more and though i can now get on the 'net, I don't see any of the comments left under images. I'm not sure if this is a prblem with Firefox or not  - they instability of my machine precluded much browsing here and I don't remember if I have actually clicked an image to see the comments since I changed or not. I do see avatars but just empty boxes where the comments should be.

Does anyone know if this is a Firefox problem or just something temporarily wrong with Rendo....or maybe my machine is on the last of its last legs.....

thanks!
Rick

tdierikx ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 6:25 PM

Rick,

Have you applied style sheet stuff to your viewing oprions? Could be that it's trying to put text of the same color as the background... try viewing at default settings... I can view all comments fine in Firefox here.

T.

Who? Me?

kansas ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 6:36 PM

I have been using Firefox for ages and never had this problem until two days ago. Now I have to highlight everything to read captions and comments. So I doubt it is Firefox. But then again, a new update might have occured which caused it. Anyway, it is a pain to have to highlight everything to read what has been posted.
Marion

kansas ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 8:15 PM

Well, I came back using Internet Explorer browser and the same problem exists. I still can't see captions or comments without highlighting everything. So, I'm back to Firefox as I get less spyware with that browser.

Marion

h00nta ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 9:31 PM

I'm an FF user and have not come across this problem, whenever I find things going astray I usually run trendmicro's housecall online av n mal/spyware checker to see if I've picked up some stray net nastiness and it seems to pick up things my standard av misses.
I'm not saying it's a cure-all, but it's worth giving a try - find it here:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 10:17 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2668925

There are 2 threads in the community center that will help!  The one above is a couple of CSS (style sheets) written by one of the programmers, with instructions underneath by one of the admins.

This one is the loooooooong discussion about all the problems associated with this correction:

See Attached Link

Fractals will always amaze me!

Rykk ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 11:45 PM

Cool! Thanks, Viv!

BTW - If the gray background bugs your eyes as much as it did mine, everywhere you see the hex color value "#2A2A2A" (a dark gray with red=2A, green=2A and red=2A), just change it to "#000000" and the backgrounds and footer/header will be black. (like UF's rgb in the Grad. Editor where "0,0,0" is black except in this thingie they use two digit hexadecimal code for the r, g and b)

Rick

abmlober ( ) posted Sun, 15 October 2006 at 2:57 PM

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

abmlober ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 2:26 PM
kansas ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 9:56 PM

Thanks Viv for the links. Got it all fixed now.
Marion

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 10:32 PM

Andreas,

I will see if anyone has heard of this.  Is the text field visible?  If so, how does it show that it is locked?  Do you get error messages?

Keep me posted!  If it comes back, let me know.

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 11:30 PM

abmlober, Very sorry about your trouble. It's a very clever solution you came up with, however :thumbupboth:. Could you please, as best you can in that little link box, tell us which browser and what version you are using? We'll try to figure this out so you can use the forums again. Thanks! N

-Nicholas

abmlober ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 4:18 AM

Hi williamsn!

thank you for your answer.

I can write today!!!

In my office here I (must) use MSIE, at home I had problems with both Firefox 1.5.0.7 and MSIE.
I do not know what is different today.

My greatest wish for the layout here would be:
A page where I can choose from a colour/font/size picker and set values for site attributes like background, link colour, fonts, font sizes and styles, and so on.
And this page generates CSS code for me.

Wouldn't this be wonderful for all users and just a nice challenge for a programmer?

And those users here who love to write their own CSS should still have the possibility to do like it is just now. And those who work with the setup page should be given the possibility to read the CSS equivalent of their choices.

Kind regards,
Andreas

:rolleyes::sad:
Joy of Frax

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.