Fri, Oct 4, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Questions

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 7:17 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:32 PM

(1) When will the 'conversion' be finished? (Best guess if not date specific known).

(2) Will the 'final' site speed polls results be published? (would you be so kind as to post them in this thread?).

(3) What is being done to deal with site speed issues?

(4) When can members expect some feedback on the 'community survey'  recently taken?

(5) After this conversion, will the site speed actually improve? By how much?

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help.

My best,

TallPockets.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2006 at 8:49 PM

Quote - (1) When will the 'conversion' be finished? (Best guess if not date specific known).

(2) Will the 'final' site speed polls results be published? (would you be so kind as to post them in this thread?).

(4) When can members expect some feedback on the 'community survey'  recently taken?

My best,

TallPockets.

1. The conversion is more-or-less finished. We’re still working on getting the web-ring up and running on the PHP side, but the EZ side is just sitting there being unused. We will be disabling it within the next week.
  2. http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13290 (the results are still at that link for viewing) 
  3. We are currently ordering and installing more servers and working on optimizing and upgrading our database systems.
  4. The Community Survey results are not posted in the Community and they never have been so we won't be posting those. As stated in the survey *"We will take this survey and plan out the year for improvements. Please take some time and answer the following questions. Your individual answers will remain confidential and will not be shared outside of the team." * 
  5. We are currently working hard to improve site speed. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 1:01 AM · edited Wed, 18 October 2006 at 1:03 AM

Quote - > Quote - (1) When will the 'conversion' be finished? (Best guess if not date specific known).

My best,

TallPockets.

1. The conversion is more-or-less finished. We’re still working on getting the web-ring up and running on the PHP side, but the EZ side is just sitting there being unused. We will be disabling it within the next week.
  2. http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13290 (the results are still at that link for viewing) 
  3. We are currently ordering and installing more servers and working on optimizing and upgrading our database systems.
  4. The Community Survey results are not posted in the Community and they never have been so we won't be posting those. As stated in the survey *"We will take this survey and plan out the year for improvements. Please take some time and answer the following questions. Your individual answers will remain confidential and will not be shared outside of the team." * 
  5. We are currently working hard to improve site speed. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks

STACEYG: Hello, kind soul, and thanks for your answers.

(1) I'm not the brightest bulb in the room. More or less finished? - web ring? - disabling next week? -- Are you saying that within the next week the 'total' conversion will be completed? Or, are each of these a separate entity? In simplistic terms even "I" (WINK) can understand, I'm simply asking when the 'entire' conversion is estimated to be completed.

(2) THANKS kindly for the 'link' to the site speed poll. It backs up what many were always saying regarding this issue.

(3) Kudos and thanks for installing more servers, etc. MUCH appreciated.

(4) I understand the confidentiality of 'specific' statements in those who responded to the Community Survey. I was simply inquiring if there would be a time when 'basic feedback' from this survey would be given to members?

For example, what few items or suggestions topped the survey list from the members here? Without giving specific 'names' of responders, etc. Or, what things did the members MOST want to see instituted?

Surely, this most wonderful site would have no problem condensing the 'results', per se, for all the membership to view?

I, for one, would like to know what 'ideas' or suggestions other fellow members felt worthy.

(5) I understand your response that you're working 'hard' to improve site speed. Will it improve? Measurably, when finished?

THANKS, again for the information.

My best,

TallPockets

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 8:58 PM

Quote - (5) I understand your response that you're working 'hard' to improve site speed. Will it improve? Measurably, when finished?

Now how the hell is she supposed to know this?   Are you thinking she may be clairvoyant?

I'm not trying to be a jerkoff here, I’m really not, but for what seems like the last year you've asked her these very same questions in 147 different ways, like some desperate detective in a smoke-filled interrogation room trying to confuse a murder suspect into revealing he's the killer.

How many times do you need to ask the same questions, and receive the same answers, not just from Stacey, but from other Admins, Managers and Programmers?  How do you feel about publicly placing her on the spot so often?  Have you ONCE placed yourself in HER position?  Ever?

Now a smart person (more than a carrot) will put on his thinking cap (borrowed, if necessary) and come up with the following:

1.       The site speed will increase

2.       The site speed will remain the same

3.       The site speed will worsen

After realizing and writing down the above, that person will have to make some decisions in his life, if it turns out that indeed items 2 or 3 are realized.  That is your task; to make a decision in just exactly what it is you’ll do…

1.       Will you leave Renderosity?

2.       Will you live with the current performance of the site and carry on in life?

3.       Or will you stay, be miserable, and ask the same five questions over and over and over again and subsequently receive the same answers over and over and over again until you drop dead of old age or drive Stacey to drink?  Or both?

Decisions, decisions.

Now, if you're looking for a clairvoyant on Renderosity's site speed and the other four questions you've repeatedly asked in one form or fashion for the last year, go here: http://www.sylvia.org/home/index.cfm.

Hopefully you'll find the answers you're looking for!  Just remember though, you'll be charged the going rate for a clairvoyant again (I believe they’re unionized), even if you ask the same five questions.

Oh, while you have her on the phone, ask her if 1 million angry and pissed-off North Korean soldiers are going to spill over the border into South Korea in the next three or four weeks and set off World War Three.  I’d like to know what the answer is.  I’m getting ready to blow a substantial amount of money on camera and computer gear, but if the world is going to go up in smoke, then why bother, ya know?  I’ll just sit back, twist up a fatty, and watch really amazing sunsets instead.

Have your credit card ready?  :)

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 9:04 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerkoff here

you failed

billy

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 9:10 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2006 at 9:13 PM

Quote - you failed

Oh, dang it!  And it was so close to the end of the year!

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 9:35 PM

Stacey....I'd like to ask some questions too.

1)After this conversion, will the site speed actually improve? By how much?

(2) When can members expect some feedback on the 'community survey'  recently taken?

(4) Will the 'final' site speed polls results be published? (would you be so kind as to post them in this thread?).

(5)When will the 'conversion' be finished? (Best guess if not date specific known).

If I ask them in a different order, do the answers change?

I'm not trying to be a jerkoff here

But I might try being one There.

or maybe even over there.

8 )~

Tom 

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 9:49 PM

"I'm not trying to be a jerkoff here

But I might try being one There.

or maybe even over there."

you succeded lmao

and terra.........it came out wrong i left off a lol which would have made it tongue in cheek ...oops

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 10:12 PM

the "jerkoffs" remind me of a toon I did at the other site, an animated avatar. they said it was the most bizarre one I'd done. :lol: I fixed it up, made it totaly pg-13, and used it here. animation forum.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 10:12 PM

@ Tom: AUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

@ Billy :)

@ TallPockets: it's all good, take no offense.

"I'm not trying to be a jerk off here, I'm really not..."

*            -Stephen Perrault, 2006*

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 10:26 PM

thanks terra.

i can remember having tall pockets tell me not to go into business cos i basically said when a site restructures only god knows when it will be finished. i think its just something he feels strongly about.

so while this thread is still open i have a few questions to ask>>>>

1,  When can members expect some feedback on the 'community survey'  recently taken?
2, What is being done to deal with site speed issues?
3, When will the 'conversion' be finished? ((Best guess if not date specific known). (it doesn't even have to be an accurate guess))

4, After this conversion, will the site speed actually improve? By how much?
5, Will the 'final' site speed polls results be published? ((would you be so kind as to post them in this thread?). (if not could you please post them in this thread instead))

and just one last question.

6, do you have any idead if the speed will be faster

empty pockets

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 10:32 PM

Billy...you always were such a Kind Soul.

Bless your heart.

8 )

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 10:49 PM

@ Billy: You've asked the same questions, but in different order.  Perhaps this will confuse Stacey into admitting she's the killer.  But I think your 6th question will be the one to bring her to her knees!  Good detective work!

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 11:02 PM

a saint, thats what i am, a bloody saint hawkfyr

though kind soul has a certain ring about it lol.

i tried to work out the permutation of five and reckon between us we have another two ways to ask

i thought hse would be wangle her way out of the first five as usual but the 6th was a curve ball. she'll have to answer that one.

if that doesn't stir stacey then i say we use dynamite lmao....it won't be pretty but it will be fast....have to say on this one ya gotta feel for the woman

billy

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 11:26 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2006 at 11:27 PM

file_357106.gif

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2006 at 11:32 PM

making mock of sir sean is something up with which we shall not put, I tell ya! :lol:

billy423uk ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 2:58 AM

stacey should be able to hold her own james.

if not, give me a call....i"ll be warming my hands

oddjob

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 9:03 AM

LMFAO at Tom!  Good one!

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 10:56 AM · edited Thu, 19 October 2006 at 11:07 AM

(Quote from TerraDreamer) --------------

"Quote - "(5) I understand your response that you're working 'hard' to improve site speed. Will it improve? Measurably, when finished?"

Now how the hell is she supposed to know this?   Are you thinking she may be clairvoyant? -----------------------------------------------------------------

TerraDreamer:

Hello, kind soul.  Thanks (?) for your reply.

I ask 'honest', sincere questions in this forum. StaceyG is the one who normally responds to mine and other's questions. She is the point person, per se. Who would you think I 'should' ask questions of? She is the 'face' of this particular area.

No, I don't think the lovely, Miss StaceyG is 'clarivoyant', kind soul. I don't expect her, or anyone, to be such. In her position at this forum however, she is the one placed here to obtain 'answers' for member's questions, etc.

If she does not know a given answer to a given question, I begrudge her NO ill will, whatsoever. So please, stop insinuating I do. Thanks.

I have in the past, even asked the PTB (powers to be here) to "Stop by the forum" every so often and 'communicate'.. NO ONE in such authority or positions has seen fit to do so?

I even stuck up for Miss StaceyG awhile back in this very forum and asked the 'administrators' if they didn't like her? For placing her in her position and not being given specific answers to specific, members' questions. (If you are a 'long time' reader as you say here, you may remember that? WINK).

I asked the powers to be to come up with an 'estimated' date of completion for this conversion other than "It will be done SOON". Well, kind soul, we've all heard ''SOON'' far too long.

I'm not trying to be a jerkoff here, I’m really not, but for what seems like the last year you've asked her these very same questions in 147 different ways, like some desperate detective in a smoke-filled interrogation room trying to confuse a murder suspect into revealing he's the killer.

TerraDreamer: Nor am I, or was I ever, trying to be a 'jerkoff'. YES, I have asked these VERY same questions in 147+ diffferent ways. For a LONG time. What's that tell you, kind soul? Do you truly think I 'enjoy' asking the very same questions, repeatedly? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I DON'T. I wish 'once' would be more than plenty, kind soul.

Sorry, I worked in the business world for many years. From the very bottom to the very top rungs. I don't have all the answers. No one does.

However, I do know one thing certain from ALL my various past dealings: In ANY place I was, not 'one' such company would 'not' have known a completion date of ventures. At the very least, kind soul, they would have known a 'best guess' date. For their boss, owners and stockholders. Any less than that, would not have been satisfactory.

This whole thing, to me, goes to an entirely broader concept. It's like pulling teeth here to get honest 'answers' to questions.

Many are totally ignored. Not even replied to. Still many others say, 'We're working on it".

Peoples comments here are often not believed. Re: site speed poll. Sorry, kind soul, but when many members 'whine' as it's called, about slow speeds for LONG times and are told, "MY computer is OK", it goes to a simple matter of credibility and beliefs. Understand my point of view?

To dumb old me, TerraDreamer, if the member's cannot be 'believed', where does it go from there?  (btw - feel free to check out the site speed poll link above for the results).

How many times do you need to ask the same questions, and receive the same answers, not just from Stacey, but from other Admins, Managers and Programmers?  How do you feel about publicly placing her on the spot so often?  Have you ONCE placed yourself in HER position?  Ever?" --

TerraDreamer:  Intially, I felt sorry for Miss StaceyG. At first, it seemed like she was placed in this capacity and was being given very little specific information to pass along to the 'valued' members.  Especially, regarding 'technical' issues and questions. 

YES, I have placed myself in her position. I once did what she now does. I later oversaw those in similar positions. I think I know what her position is and does quite well. When I oversaw such positions, I would have never left a valuable employee ''hanging out to dry'', so to speak.

I would have given such a valuable employee the required information necessary to allow said employee to pass along the 'best' information to the customer. Even if I had to help with the process at some point in time. I 'valued' my employees as much as I valued my customers, TerraDreamer. One without the other in 'sync' was not the best for either. Understand, kind soul?

So, after a number of attempts, I posted 'directly' to administration peoples asking them to stop in here to clarify things from their perspectives.

Miss StaceyG: I am NOT publicly placing YOU on the spot. I am only asking what I feel to be most sincere and honest questions deserving of much better and specific answers. And, it's not only myself who feels this way. You are the one that is in this position. Thus, you are the one who gets mine and all other's comments. Good and bad.

TerraDreamer: If you noticed above and in ALL my postings here, I most always THANK people for their work and their responses. As I did above. Funny, those never get mentioned, do they? WINK.

I have received numerous IM's and emails over time, from MANY members here who feel exactly the same way. I guess I am the 'bad guy' representative. SMILE.  Many I speak with encourage me to keep on. Many thank me for adding my voice to their feelings. Many have given up trying or left this most wonderful site.  I guess I was raised to be more 'stubborn'. WINK. ---------------------

In summary: Many people have left this site. Many GOOD people. Some are due to differences that are just that. Sadly, many are due to just not being felt as they are a 'valued' member of the community and not listened to, from my humble perspective. Please, note this distinction, kind soul.

TerraDreamer: It goes beyond normal, comprehensive, beliefs and all business accumen and understanding, that a business does not have a real 'clue' as to when a project they're undertaking will be completed. Would you not agree with that? Even a 'best guess' estimate.

I hope if you ever have a house built for you, that the builder you hire doesn't tell you and yours, (after you've asked the question for the 147th time,  "Mr. builder, when will our house be finished?"), "SOON TerraDreamer, SOON".   WINK.

MISS STACEYG: THANKS for your efforts on behalf of me and all others. My best,

GOD bless you and yours, kind soul.

PEACE.

My best and THANKS for your comments above.

TallPockets.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 12:41 PM

This house is free.  You don't have to pay a dime for it.  Participation in the Marketplace is purely voluntary.  Downloading freestuff is purely voluntary, too.

As is participation in the fora.

The problem with using phrases like "kind soul" is that it comes across in one of several negative ways:

-- Sarcastic
-- Condescending
-- Pretentious
-- Pompous
-- An attempt at pulling a slip-on velvet covering to hide a verbal blackjack underneath

Very few people would read it as a compliment.......or as a courtesy.  It's more like an insinuated attack disgused under the color of doing someone else a favor.  It's a 'this is for your own good' sort of approach.

((Save us from people determined to do things to us "for our own good"!!!!!!!))

Give me the honesty of open hostility as opposed to sugar-coated nit-picking -- stated in such a way as to provide for the plausible deniablity of ill intent when some 'kind soul' gets called on it.

I'd like to have everything fixed to my personal satisfaction yesterday, too.  Too bad that I'm just one member among many tens of thousands -- and that I don't own the place.  If I did, then I'd show 'em all how it's supposed to be done -- you can bet on that.  And I'd do it a whole lot better than they've ever done with it.  I'd draw in a LOT more site members with my alternative way of running the show.  Just like the multitude of other 'experts' who've told the Rendo admins that they don't have a clue about what they are doing for years now.

Rendo just keeps right on getting bigger.

Welcome to the Free House.  Come on in and enjoy it.  Spend money if you like -- or just browse.  It's entirely your choice.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

billy423uk ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 5:27 PM

you want honesty kind soul.....you couldn't handle honesty lmao

i love the WINK, every time i read it my right eye spasms hehe

billy

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 6:00 PM

Quote - you want honesty kind soul.....you couldn't handle honesty lmao

:laugh:😉

Quote - i love the WINK, every time i read it my right eye spasms hehe billy

😉😉😉😉😉

What's s'matter?  Got an eyelash in your eye? 😉

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 6:05 PM
billy423uk ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 8:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

lmao

"What's s'matter?  Got an eyelash in your eye? "

nope, just an allergic reaction to bullshit hehe. WINk?

billy

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 10:25 PM

Quote - just an allergic reaction

Hmmmmmm..........I would ask you to be more specific -- but that might ruin the fun.

Best to simply avoid allergens.  I might start sneezing or something.  Depending, of course, upon the type of substance involved.  Certain types of allergens just cause me to laugh a lot -- an unusual allergic reaction: but not totally unknown.

Quote -  WINk?

Wink........😉

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2006 at 10:55 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2006 at 11:02 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

OK, I’ll bite. But first, please stop with the Kind Soul salutations. I find it highly offensive. Consider what XENOPHONZ said in this thread.

“I ask 'honest', sincere questions in this forum.”

I can’t help but chuckle at the semi-quote. I don’t believe it either.

“StaceyG is the one who normally responds to mine and other's questions. She is the point person, per se. Who would you think I 'should' ask questions of? She is the 'face' of this particular area.”

Well seeing as how you can’t get an honest answer out of her or anyone else, try Tim Choate.

“I don't expect her, or anyone, to be such. In her position at this forum however, she is the one placed here to obtain 'answers' for member's questions, etc.”

And I see no evidence that she’s not performing in this position.  If she doesn’t have the answer at hand, she seeks it from other Renderosity staff members.

“If she does not know a given answer to a given question,I begrudge her NO ill will, whatsoever. So please, stop insinuating I do. Thanks.”

Oh, but you DO, by asking her the same fucking questions over and over again. She has given you the answers you seek. They may not be to your liking, and because you don’t like them, she and everyone else here is a liar.

“I have in the past, even asked the PTB (powers to be here) to "Stop by the forum" every so often and 'communicate'.. NO ONE in such authority or positions has seen fit to do so?”

Oh? I see programmers here post on occasion. Did you sleep through it? Also, they like everyone else here see that your five questions have been answered 59 times already. People are busy.

“I even stuck up for Miss StaceyG awhile back in this very forum and asked the 'administrators' if they didn't like her?”

Sorry, that reeks of zero class on your part, and you wonder why nobody wants to speak with you?

“I asked the powers to be to come up with an 'estimated' date of completion for this conversion other than "It will be done SOON". Well, {censored}, we've all heard ''SOON'' far too long”

OK.  So what are you going to do about it?  As I asked before...

1. Will you leave Renderosity?

2.  Will you live with the current performance of the site and carry on in life?

1. Or will you stay, be miserable, and ask the same five questions over and over and over again and subsequently receive the same answers over and over and over again until you drop dead of old age or drive Stacey to drink? 
  • “YES, I have asked these VERY same questions in 147+ diffferent ways. For a LONG time. What's that tell you, {censored}?”*

It tells me you have very little productive time on your hands, but you do have enough time to terrorize Renderosity staff. I also see you visit here each day, and upload art. So, it would appear the site’s running well for you. Good! It may be a little slow, but what the hell. I’m not complaining. 

“Do you truly think I 'enjoy' asking the very same questions, repeatedly?”

It would appear you do, to the point of obsessive-compulsive.

“Sorry, I worked in the business world for many years. From the very bottom to the very top rungs. I don't have all the answers. No one does.”

How ironic you say that. I’m left wondering why you can’t apply the very same philosophy to Stacey or others here.

“However, I do know one thing certain from ALL my various past dealings…At the very least, {censored}, they would have known a 'best guess' date.”

I believe that is what you’ve been provided with, have you not? What is the difference between soon, and some arbitrary date?

“This whole thing, to me, goes to an entirely broader concept. It's like pulling teeth here to get honest 'answers' to questions.”

So, everyone here is a liar, and this lack of honest answers has impacted you personally, how?

“Many are totally ignored. Not even replied to.”

Because they already gave you an answer to the best of their ability. Why can’t you simply accept that? Now you’re whining.

“Still many others say, 'We're working on it.’”

And I believe they are. Have you read the front page in between your tantrums lately?

“Peoples comments here are often not believed. Re: site speed poll. Sorry, {censored}, but when many members 'whine' as it's called, about slow speeds for LONG times and are told, "MY computer is OK", it goes to a simple matter of credibility and beliefs. Understand my point of view?”

Sorry, I’ve seen Stacey chime in and claim her connection is slow as well. But you’ll ignore that, because your primary directive here is to call her and others liars.

“(btw - feel free to check out the site speed poll link above for the results).”** **

I know what the results are. I participated in it.

“Intially, I felt sorry for Miss StaceyG. At first, it seemed like she was placed in this capacity and was being given very little specific information to pass along to the 'valued' members***. *** Especially, regarding 'technical' issues and questions.”

You don’t know jack shit in this respect now, do you? This is an assumption on your part, nothing more.

“I would have given such a valuable employee the required information necessary to allow said employee to pass along the 'best' information to the customer. Even if I had to help with the process at some point in time. I 'valued' my employees as much as I valued my customers, TerraDreamer. One without the other in 'sync' was not the best for either. Understand, {censored}?”

Spoken in past tense, I wonder why. And what leads you to believe this hasn’t happened here? Because of the date thingy? You really need that date thingy, don’t you?

“I have received numerous IM's and emails over time, from MANY members here who feel exactly the same way. I guess I am the 'bad guy' representative. SMILE.  Many I speak with encourage me to keep on. Many thank me for adding my voice to their feelings. Many have given up trying or left this most wonderful site.”

So, you were really voted in as three or four people’s Messiah, or are you actually self-anointed?

“Many people have left this site. Many GOOD people. Some are due to differences that are just that. Sadly, many are due to just not being felt as they are a 'valued' member of the community and not listened to, from my humble perspective. Please, note this distinction, {censored}.”

Horseshit. Yes, many good people have left this site, and have been doing so long, long before the site changes were put in place. And, many good people have been joining this site as well. Each and every day. And there are some people who should seriously consider leaving this site, especially if it gives them so much heartburn.

“It goes beyond normal, comprehensive, beliefs and all business accumen and understanding, that a business does not have a real 'clue' as to when a project they're undertaking will be completed. Would you not agree with that? Even a 'best guess' estimate.”

They have told me the site is undergoing changes, that the conversion will take time. I have seen changes take place, I have seen people make suggestions in a cooperative manner, and I have seen the PTB make those suggested changes. I am not having a shit hemorrhage because that have not given me a calendar date and time of day, best guess or otherwise, nor do I feel they are compelled to do so. Having an exact date will have no impact on me as a member nor will it you.  You have YET to explain WHY you need this date. Are you being impacted financially by this? If you were a VENDOR, I might understand your concern of knowing when the conversions will be complete. But if I were a vendor and my products were still selling, which I’m sure most still are here, I wouldn’t give a shit.

“I hope if you ever have a house built for you, that the builder you hire doesn't tell you and yours, (after you've asked the question for the 147th time, "Mr. builder, when will our house be finished?"), "SOON TerraDreamer, SOON".”

Oh puhleeeaze. I’ve built my own spec houses…two of them. I was the CONTRACTOR. I set the construction schedule. That’s the way it works. The owner is the CONTRACTOR.

“GOD bless you and yours, {censored}.”

I’m atheist.

I’ll now leave you to your personal agonies. Did you call that clairvoyant? :)

DennisReed ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 12:41 PM

I have no strength left, or as that goes desire to sit here and read these ridiculous verbal attacks on TallPockets. It seems to me:

TallPockets started this thread with concerns, formulated them as questions the best he could.

StaceyG then answered them as best she could.

TallPockets replied with thanks, and had a few more question

Before StaceyG could answer these questions, several members filibustered this thread losing any and all value of it.

bah!

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 3:43 PM

Quote - making mock of sir sean is something up with which we shall not put, I tell ya! :lol:

No. You people won't put up with mocking an actor, but you will put up with mocking and attacking a member who made a simple post?

Shame on you all. It's really no wonder that people are not wanting to post in these forums or participate more. Why should they? So they can get shot down, made fun of, called names and all the other sideline attacks you people subject them to because they ask a question concerning the "Great Site of Renderosity" that might make Renderosity look not so great? You even made fun of the way the man talks. Do a little research. You'll find out that TallPockets calls pretty much EVERYONE "Kind Soul" ands actually means it. I'd rather someone call me kind soul than the names you called him.

Personal attacks go against Renderosity TOS. This thread started out as something addressed to one person here, you all decided to jump in and derail it totally with attacks on his person. Are any of you banned now? Any one get a warning? No? Thought not. Guess Rendo needs all they can get defending their site. And they have their little bullies in here, don't they?

One  question....who did it hurt for him to ask the same  questions 147 times? You? I doubt it.  As you told him,  YOU don't have to be here. YOU certainly don't have to read a thread he started. YOU definitely did not have to attack or mock him for making this thread.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 4:22 PM

Someone once said "this animal is evil: because it defends itself when it is attacked".

I'm always amazed by the offended huffing which often follows whenever a challenger gets challenged in their turn.  But I suppose that I shouldn't be amazed.  If you are looking for everyone who posts to a thread to agree with the original poster -- or to simply roll over, play dead, bow down and aquiesce to the "questions" (read: disguised demands) made upon them -- then you've got unrealistic expectations.  To put the matter politely.

If anyone can't handle being disagreed with -- or hearing from others with contrary views -- then they'd best avoid posting into public fora.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2006 at 4:32 PM

I am locking this thread as the original questions have been answered. I have responded to these same questions several times in several different threads and I think its time to move on from this topic. Everyone is entitled to their views, opinions, etc. and we all need to respect the fact that everyone does have their different views and thoughts.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.