Mon, Sep 9, 7:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Almost ready to give up on free character creation...PZ help??

webmaster421 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 4:59 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 10:01 PM

Hi all,

I have been working on a V3 character and even made a head and body texture for her, as well as some poses. I have spent weeks and weeks on this so far. It's been a huge learning curve, but worth it.

Now I am at a stumbling block. I purchased Daz's Inj Pose Builder and then went looking for more info on creating a freebie character, but with little success. I don't want to do anything that infringes on copyrights and need to know some basics. I have searched the forums and the net, but can't seem to find much info.

Can anyone here fill me in on what's OK and not OK to do or provide a link to this type of info? I need to know about character morphing and creating re-distributable characters.

Anyone's help will be GREATLY appreciated!! Best regards, Vicki

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 5:17 PM

Attached Link: Copy rights forum

There is a permanent link on the top of these pages... They can tell you everything...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 7:00 PM

You should bring this up in the Daz3D Commons Forum. It's thier figure, they will stear you best!

I've heard if you strip out morph from a V3.Cr2, except the one you created then ti's O.K.

Another way to look at it would be if you made an INJ, that would work with the free V3, then that would be O.K.

But let us know what they say!

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 9:16 PM

if by working on a character you mean using morphs from V3's morph packs than you are on the right track with injection pose builder. if you use that to make an injection pose you will be fine. distributing injection poses is totally legal, what you can't distribute is the delta files, which don't get saved in an injection pose. if you have created custom morphs with magnets or in an external modeler it gets a bit more involved.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 12:05 PM

Thanks all - heading off to Daz...

I'll let you know what they say.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 6:50 PM

webmaster421 - I also have work I've done on V3, that I'm interested to know about.  I ran over to Daz3D; looking for you, but got anxious, then went ahead and wrote a post for myself:

Distributing my work on V3

Maybe it will save you the time and effort?

:tongue1:

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 2:21 AM

OK, I'm back - As far as I can tell, as long as I use the IPB to create an INJ/REM file for my morphs, I can freely distribute my character.

I tell ya, this has been one looonnnggg project - the merchants make it look so easy! I definitely have a new respect for merchants and free-stuff creators! I have run into one problem after another and just when I get one thing figured out, something else mess's up! Ug! LOL

Now, I have my character, made a head/body texture for her, made the INJ/REM files, created 5 standing poses. Good so far...

Load V3, apply the morphs with the INJ file, then click the pose I made and want to test and BOOM! She's half-way down in the floor. HUH? UGGGG!

Pull her up, click 'drop to floor' re-save pose. Start all over again and BOOM! Back in the floor! I wanna cry 'bout now, ya know?

sooo...if anyone wants to take a stab at telling me what the heck I am doing wrong and how to get Vicki out of the floor boards, I would love you to pieces for it! 

Also, how does one save a face pose like a smile so it can be used by others? Do I save it as an expression? And will V3 drop thru the floor some more? 

Best regards...

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:12 AM

Two things to look out for are IK, and Saving your Pose with the Hip selcted.

With Figure > IK on you can grab the part that it is on for, with the Crosshair Tool, drag it around the Document Window, and the rest of her body will follow naturally.  Where if it were'nt on the just that part would move.   But, having IK on or off makes a difference when using the Figure > Symetry command.  I also think trying to use Pose that was made with IK, on a Figure that does'nt have IK makes a difference.

Also, when you have the FiIgure's Hip selected before you save a Pose, the Pose file will always remember that Hips X,Y,Z Translation(Position) in the scene, and then return her there, when the pose is applied.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:59 AM

Thank you for the help tom271, wdupre, and Angel!

Angel - Selecting her hip before saving the pose worked like a charm! 👍

You know, I sure have learned a lot from all this - it's one thing to make characters and poses for my own personal use, but it's a whole different ball game trying to create for others...sooo many lil' details have to be taken into consideration. It's been frustrating to say the least, but at least I know a lot more now than I did a month ago. 🆒

Thanks ever so much for all the help! hugz

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 12:53 PM

Would you like any Beta Testers; do we get a Screening Link, before it hits the Free Stuff area, or Premiere info when it does?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.