Sat, Oct 5, 5:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Announcing the Bryce Concepts Gallery

jelisa ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 2:31 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 5:29 AM

Attached Link: Bryce Concepts Gallery

Since we lost the Bryce Forum Select Galleries some time back, I've been trying to come up with a similar concept without duplicating the select gallery. I've been visiting different submission galleries and think I've come up with a working solution.

Please check out the new Bryce Concepts Gallery where you can submit your images and have them selected by a group of anonymous judges for entry into the permanent monthly galleries. Judges will be revealed when the permanent gallery is set up each month.

If you would like to be a judge, send me an e-mail at darlisa @ catbirdstudios.net and I'll put you on the potential judges list I'll keep here at home.

Since this is just starting up, some rules may change as we find things that do or don't work for us.

-darlisa

IO4 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 2:37 PM

This is a great idea 👍. Is there any restriction as to how many images you can submit? Could I submit an image that's been placed here at Rendrosity or elsewhere, or do they have to be previously unseen works?

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

jelisa ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 2:50 PM

You can submit as many images each month as you wish and there are no restrictions on it having been submitted elsewhere.

At the moment, I have a small limit on how much total space users have for uploading, 1024 KB, but I'll probably increase that some as we go. However, I only have 500 MB of webspace so I may have to put out more cash to increase that depending on how popular the gallery is. Guess I should start saving my pennies or skip a couple of meals. :P

There's a link at the top of the gallery page to the submission rules. They should cover any concerns/questions you have.

IO4 ( ) posted Sun, 22 October 2006 at 2:59 PM

Thanks! I think I'll be posting something soon....😄 I hope this really takes off.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 12:54 PM

I'm having some problems uploading an image, Jelisa.  When I get to the 3rd page (after the upload successful message) I'm getting a 404 error so the upload isn't completed.

FYI - I'm using IE7 and uploading from my computer.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

artbyphil ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 2:34 PM

cheers,

this looks good.  I've just signed up.  Now I've just got to get creative:)

jelisa ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 3:05 PM

Belle, I got the same error when I forgot to select a gallery and used the back button to select one.

If I uploaded the image and clicked on continue after getting the success message, and selected a gallery and filled in the info, then clicked on Continue .. it worked.

Would you please try again and make sure you're selecting a gallery and not using the back button?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 23 October 2006 at 5:45 PM

Well, Jelisa, I select the December 2006 gallery, even went into the gallery and then clicked on the Upload File link.  It asked me for my file, I selected it from my O drive and clicked Continue.  I got the 1 upload successful message and clicked on the Continue Button and got the 404 - can't display the webpage.  Tried this four or five times but no joy.  Didn't use the back button to reselect the Concept Gallery page, it's in my favorites folder.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

jelisa ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 2:39 PM

trying to think of what might be causing this. Do you have javascript enabled in the browser? Could a firewall or popup blocker be blocking the page?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2006 at 6:14 PM

Javascript is enabled and I haven't seen a popup message.  I've got my firewall set to access the site with no interruptions ... don' have a clue unless it's IE7.  I might try with Firefox and see if I have the same results but I'm rendering right now and it's pretty much pegged my cpu (big scene, lots of elements).

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

jelisa ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 10:30 PM

I've been trying to figure out why this is happening but am coming up blank. I'll keep poking around though.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 11:20 PM

I tried it with Firefox as well, still no joy.  I'm going to try one other thing and that's uploading from my website but I'll do that tomorrow.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

jelisa ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 10:15 AM

Okay hun ... I've enabled the debug mode on the gallery. Please try again and hopefully you'll get a more complete error message this time. If so, please post it here so I can better figure out what is happening.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 3:41 PM

Okay jelisa, this is what I got today - all the upload fields were filled out.

Critical error
Script called without the required parameter(s).

File: /home/virtual/site135/fst/var/www/html/bryce/db_input.php - Line: 58

USER:

Array
(
    [ID] => 4355e7d7fc19e71e6aa90aef1e3dc5e3
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english
    [liv] => Array
        (
            [0] => 11
            [1] => 7
            [2] => 8
            [3] => 6
            [4] => 2
        )

)

==========================
USER DATA:

Array
(
    [user_id] => 15
    [user_name] => Victoria Lee
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [0] => 2
        )

[disk_max] => 1024
    [disk_min] => 1024
    [can_rate_pictures] => 0
    [can_send_ecards] => 0
    [ufc_max] => 0
    [ufc_min] => 0
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 1
    [num_URI_upload] => 0
    [can_post_comments] => 0
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 0
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 0
    [group_quota] => 1024
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
)

Queries:

Array
(
    [0] => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM bryce_filetypes; (0s)
    [1] => select * from bryce_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
    [2] => delete from catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_sessions where time<1162238064 and remember=0; (0s)
    [3] => delete from catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_sessions where time<1161032064; (0s)
    [4] => select user_id from catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_sessions where session_id=md5("952e140a6266ede45fda7df9f8524a49cb0a44961c29e67e16940a4dded9f081"); (0s)
    [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_users where user_id=15 (0s)
    [6] => SELECT u.user_id AS id, u.user_name AS username, u.user_password AS password, u.user_group+100 AS group_id FROM catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_users AS u INNER JOIN catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_usergroups AS g ON u.user_group=g.group_id WHERE u.user_id='15' (0s)
    [7] => SELECT user_group_list FROM catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_users AS u WHERE user_id='15' and user_group_list <> ''; (0s)
    [8] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM bryce_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2) (0s)
    [9] => SELECT group_name FROM  bryce_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2 (0s)
    [10] => update catbirdstudios_net_-_bryce.bryce_sessions set time='1162241664' where session_id=md5('952e140a6266ede45fda7df9f8524a49cb0a44961c29e67e16940a4dded9f081'); (0s)
    [11] => SELECT user_favpics FROM bryce_favpics WHERE user_id = 15 (0s)
    [12] => DELETE FROM bryce_banned WHERE expiry < '2006-10-30 14:54:24' (0s)
    [13] => SELECT * FROM bryce_banned WHERE (ip_addr='68.230.57.47' OR ip_addr='68.230.57.47' OR user_id=15) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
    [14] => SELECT aid FROM bryce_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10015' AND visibility NOT IN (2) (0s)
)

GET :

Array
(
)

Array
(
)

Page generated in 0.093 seconds - 15 queries in 0 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

jelisa ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 4:21 PM

Thanks. I'll look through their help forum this evening after I get home from work.

jelisa ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 6:34 PM

Belle,

What are the dimensions and file size of the image you are trying to upload? The responses I'm seeing on the gallery forum that match this all seem to be related to images that are too large in file size.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 7:24 PM

1280X1024 - 164 Kb

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

jelisa ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 8:12 PM

Try resizing to 1024 maximum pixels wide. That's the max width allowed.

I'll add the limits to the gallery description.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 10:24 PM

That did it, Darlisa.  Thanks for all the help.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

jelisa ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 12:23 AM

You're welcome. Sorry it took so long to figure it out.

Rayraz ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:41 PM

Quote - Try resizing to 1024 maximum pixels wide. That's the max width allowed.

I'll add the limits to the gallery description.

With the graphics library in php ur programmer should be able to write an automatic resampling function that checks the size of the submitted jpg and shrinks it if neccesary. It's very easy to build, only a few lines of code and it saves u the trouble of having people askin why their files arent working well. The chance that people will try and upload an image larger then 1024x768 is pretty high.
As an added benefit such a function could also be used for dynamic generation of thumbnails and other goodies like that which looks professional to ur users also.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

jelisa ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:33 AM

I don't know how to program in php so that's out. Now ask me to program something in Fortran, Cobol, Ada, C++, Java, or Visual Basic and I'm right there with ya!

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 12:31 PM

// function to create thumbnails
function createThumbnail($imageDirectory, $imageName, $thumbDirectory, $thumbSize)
{
  $srcImg = imagecreatefromjpeg("$imageDirectory/$imageName");
  $origWidth = imagesx($srcImg);
  $origHeight = imagesy($srcImg);

if ($origWidth >= $origHeight)
  {
    $ratio = $origWidth / $thumbSize;
    $thumbWidth = $thumbSize;
    $thumbHeight = $origHeight / $ratio;
  }

elseif ($origWidth < $origHeight)
  {
    $ratio = $origHeight / $thumbSize;
    $thumbHeight = $thumbSize;
    $thumbWidth = $origWidth / $ratio;
  }

$thumbImg = imagecreatetruecolor($thumbWidth, $thumbHeight);
  imagefill($thumbImg, 0, 0, imagecolorallocate($thumbImg, 255, 255, 255));

imagecopyresampled($thumbImg, $srcImg, 0, 0, 0, 0, $thumbWidth, $thumbHeight, $origWidth, $origHeight);

imagejpeg($thumbImg, "".$thumbDirectory."/thumb_".$imageName."", 90);
}

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 12:32 PM

there ya go 😉

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.