Tue, Sep 24, 12:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: What hair would you like to see new textures for

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:00 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

I confess I am a hair texturing addict lol and currently have two lines running

get real for new hair and Revival for older hair

what hair would you like to see textures for and I will see what I can do :o)

Chris

the hair junkie

edited because i am a lousey speller ;o|

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:08 PM

Hi Chris,

I'd love to see real good hair textures for Marie hair by Lisbeth, hair fits for A3 for same hair would also be good (and of course any other fits, lol)

Jen :o)

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:21 PM

Hi Jen

the closest I can find is the Maria hair at daz is this it?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2950

Pee on it and walk away

ptrope ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:28 PM

Here's an odd request: I'd like to see good textures and transmaps for the old preteen/preschool pigtail hair from Zygote/DAZ. This is a great model, but it looks plastic; with a good texture, it would be a real boon to both the PT/PS and YT girls.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:33 PM

Bliss Vision Hair...great hair, but I don't like the textures for it so much...would love to see great textures and style poses for that set...

Brandy

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:36 PM

Hi Chris,

Yep. thats it, Great hair, just saddish 'default textures, (sorry Lisbeth;) ) I'm not the only one that thinks this way btw, but although I have dipped into hair texturing, its not a 'love' to me so I leave it alone lol!

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:41 PM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1095&cat=126 is this the pigtail hair you mean? i believe i have this one

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:42 PM

bliss vision I have but haven't used often and is on my list

adds Maria hair to my cart :o)

Pee on it and walk away

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:44 PM

hehehe, you started a trend here lol!, Fits for Bliss Vision hair would also be good ;)

And I was working so well till this thread lol!!!

ptrope ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:45 PM

file_358029.png

> Quote - [ http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1095&cat=126](http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1095&cat=126) > > is this the pigtail hair you mean? i believe i have this one

Nope, this is the hair - I believe it came with the original Milliennium Kids

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 5:48 PM

lol am working on promo renders for shee kiira hair they are slow and this is keeping me busy now back to work Jen :o)

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 6:08 PM

my millkids runtime is on disc in my room will look it up and if i have the hair will do some textures and put them in free stuff :o)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2874 this one is for A3 but does come with a maddie fit so shouldn't be hard to make milkids fits for and I have some texture sets already in free stuff here

Pee on it and walk away

josema8 ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 1:30 AM

Wet hair, please!!!!

No hair model has wet hair texture or morph, and that's annoying...

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 2:21 AM · edited Mon, 30 October 2006 at 2:22 AM

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2379 i have seen this hair used for wet look hair but could do with some new textures lol

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 4:59 AM

file_358072.jpg

quick test render for Maria hair

still a bit of fine tuning to do before i have fun with making all the colours but it is very do-able

:o)

Pee on it and walk away

AGentleMuse ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 8:38 AM

Wow that was quick, did you go to sleep last night? ;)

Looks wonderful too, got some life in it!!  woohoo!!

chrislenn ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 2:10 PM

lol most likely not your night but I am in australia and just woke up - I am enjoying the peace and quiet and first coffee of the day before I have to get the kids up and off to school

Pee on it and walk away

josema8 ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 10:08 AM

Ali's hairs are wonderful hairs with not so good textures/transmaps IMHO, so some work for these hairs could be welcome.

amacord ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:13 PM

maybe you want to try your skills on kiri te. the stuff i've seen on MP isn't very convincing. and if you are in the mood for oldies, give anton's ponytail a chance.

chrislenn ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:51 PM

the first hair textures I released were for kiri te hair lol may do an update one day as i have learned more since then

have some ali hairs on my list any in particular?

thanks for the feed back everyone :o)

Pee on it and walk away

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 12:31 PM

HR_007 and HR_016 from Ali, for instance

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 11:17 PM · edited Sat, 04 November 2006 at 11:18 PM

hr 7 8 and 12 look like hair I would use  so will definitely be looking into doing textures for them

maria done now for bliss vision :o)

hair fits for figure hair are a bit beyond me at the moment but hr2 hair fits are easy

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:43 AM

file_358602.jpg

bliss test

Pee on it and walk away

pizazz ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 7:51 AM

Bliss looks super. 

I'd LOVE to see some new textures for the old Anton's Changing Ponytail.  There used to be an addon pack by Winter or Wynter available but it has disappeared.  I've got the V3 fit for it and would be nice to have SP3 and Aiko fits for it along with new textures. 

biggrin:

chrislenn ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 7:57 AM

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 6:11 AM

file_358916.jpg

not sure how this one is going :o|  hr 07

any more any one would like to add while i have my list out lol

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 3:11 PM

Hey...cool...thanks for pointing me here Chris.

I'd say the one I use the most and that I'd be most likely to purchase would be for DAZ's Madelyne Hair.  I could rattle off all sorts of hairs that I think would look good with your textures, but I'd never be able to afford them all. lol. 

But if you're dying to do lots of them, let me know and I'll post up other suggestions. :)

John

chrislenn ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 3:19 PM

lol trust you to keep me busy and out of mischief

i have the madelyne hair and I believe the elf hair though not sure will have to check that one

I like the look of the qylan and princess hair too :o)

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 6:29 PM

Do you have Sharmane Hair from AprilYSH?
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=44648

John

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 7:33 PM

A hair that snuck past me I am in shock :o() will look into it right away 

am a bit behind because of internet problems but will get there sorry folks

Chris :o)

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:31 AM

If you do end up doing a set for Sharmane hair, if you did one that approached the red color in this image, I'd be eternally grateful.  Or at least say thank you lots of times as I bought it. LOL :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1315093

John

Arvanor ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 12:45 PM

Dixie Hair, Lydia Hair, Jasmine Hair, Wildside Hair & Evelyn Hair by Lady Littlefox, over at RDNA.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 5:38 AM

more great hair - you guys sure know how to feed my addiction lol looking into getting them all :o)

Pee on it and walk away

Arvanor ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 6:01 AM

Sure. lol Important for me is that a good transmap is included because some nice models have bad transmaps.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 6:28 AM

i have found that too. I decided to play with hair after buying one more hair that didn't render how I wanted it too. I am learning more all the time and now am buying hair just to work on. Transmaps are getting easier the more I do - I often think  "if only I could paint hair it would make doing transmaps easier" lol but I am getting there slowly

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 7:17 PM

Are there any good tutorials out there for creating your own textures for hair?  I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a few, but have no idea where to start even.

John

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 1:31 PM

Hi Chris: I wouls like to see some realistic textures for Aprilysh latest hair at Daz, and also for all of As Shanim's hair, which looks painted, IMHO. Personally, Koz's textures look the best. Wish merchants could make textures like his with realistic skin hairlines. Most Poser hair looks like wigs.

chrislenn ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 8:16 PM

I have done sylphiad unless there is a newer one I have missed lol easily done with my schedule and kids
I have Joliefille on my list :o)
and I agree with you about kozaburo hair - it was also the hair I first learned texturing on, not because it needed it but because it is easy to work with

Pee on it and walk away

shg0816 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 1:34 PM

There is another hair set I would like to see more textures for....RDNA's Octopussi Pony Tail.  Ideally, I would like to see 2 sets (1 regular, which would include blondes,browns, black, reds)and one fantasy color set (for the blues, greens, pinks, etc.).

Thanks

tivao ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 4:21 PM

3Dream's Paradise hair. Not quite fond of the current texs and I need a real Strawberry Blonde. Aprilysh's Leo Hair 2, Neftis' AngelCurlz...  just name a few.

This is an old thread I guess but I still want to name off in case you are looking for new ones to think of. :)

chrislenn ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 9:44 AM

just a note to say I haven't forgotten this thread but with christmas and summer school holidays (am in Australia) and 4 kids to entertain  my time is a wee bit scarce. they all go back to school at the end of the month then my holidays start ( just like my weekend starts on a monday when they are all in school lol) so plenty of time then to catch up

Pee on it and walk away

chrislenn ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 6:27 AM

file_367712.jpg

Summer holidays will be officially over in 3 sleeps  and in celebration I paid a visit to rdna :o)  Their hair section to be exact lol

still needs some tweaking then a review of the trans map but I made a start  - Evelyn hair

Pee on it and walk away

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 9:58 AM

Oooh...that looks pretty Chris.  Don't have that hair (yet lol) but it's certainly one to keep an eye out for. :)

Congrats on surviving the holidays.

John

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 1:25 AM

If you're still looking for hair's to do, I wouldn't mind seeing ya do the new Curly Hair at DAZ. :)

John

Glasswren ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:51 AM

I know this is rather late, but since one never knows...

How about some Revival for Wedge Cut 2.0 (http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=2257)  ?

No doubt a much used hair with only one texture package available that I've been able to find.

chrislenn ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 11:17 PM

I looked at that yesterday when doing a big shop but my trolley was filled will get it next pay day 
Did buy
madelia
a3 pony 
juni
amerseda

Pee on it and walk away

Glasswren ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 1:10 AM

Thank you for responding. :)

I fully understand. I was only able to get it now because of the sale. If I had even a little more money, I'd offer to buy it for you, but I'm overspent until my next payment comes.

I shall look forward to seeing what you do with 'storybook princess hair' Amarseda and Madelia. :)

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 6:40 AM

Chris,

If you're still taking requests, I'd love to see L'amour hair retextured. A new transmap would help as well. I don't much care for the roots being lighter than the hair, it's unnatural (unless you've died your hair dark and it's growing out. Or, like me, you're going grey :-(

market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php

kalonart.com

chrislenn ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 6:58 AM

Actually you are in luck ;o) i am working on it to get the roots darker first then will look at the transmap

Pee on it and walk away

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2007 at 8:06 AM

Yeah!! Can't wait!

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.