Tue, Sep 24, 7:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Hair import problem.

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 5:37 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:28 AM

i am fairly new with poser characters in vue so if someone could help me out with this problem it would be great!

whenever i import hair it looks all flat and not like hair at all!! it starting to irritate me to a point of insanity! what am i doing wrong? so many people are doing this so im sure its just something im missing.

help!!!! :sad:

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 5:39 AM

file_359297.jpg

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 6:54 AM

The most obvious thing that appears to be wrong, is that the transmap isn't setup correctly.

What version of Vue are you using ?
Some screenshots of how the transparency is setup would help.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 7:46 AM

And even more important - how do you import?

You simply need to import the pz3 file, that is best.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 7:56 AM

well even if i simply open the pz3 it does this, but this one was imported as an obj.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 8:12 AM

Could you please give some more information? What Vue version, what hair, is it the same with all transparency items you import from Poser etc etc.

The more you tell us the better is the chance for a helpful answer.

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 8:21 AM

im using vue 5 infinite, if i import the pz3 the hair comes in ok but any movement i have added to it is then gone, if i import as an obj the movement is there but there looks crappy! so im not sure what to do or what to use! it doesnt matter what hair i import it always does this, transparencies is not really the problem.

the only thing im having problems with is the hair.

thanks for all your help!!!!

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 9:09 AM

Hair movement? So it is dynamic hair? It should import correctly as well but dynamic hair is not easy to handle in Vue 5.

I never have heard that movement got los with pz3 import and is there with obj import. This sounds VERY weird to me. It definitely should be the opposite.

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 9:36 AM

obj import has the morphs still in but then it looks like the picture above.

im giving up now! lol!!!!

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 9:43 AM

You are talking about morphs? Ok, you should switch off the save morphs to external file in the Poser preferences. If you have not done that.

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 9:49 AM

ill give that a try!!!!

ruana ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 9:52 AM

hey that works!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks a mil!!!!!!!!!! looks like i can finally do what i wanted to do!!!

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 10:32 AM

Pure magic - and some intelligence!

jc ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 1:23 PM

Yo! Those reading this thread: I don't mean to be unkind, and perhaps have had too much coffee this morning - but, this thread is a great example of why you must include as much info as possible when you ask for help.

No doubt Wabe could have solved this problem with one user post and one answer post - with the info he eventually did get during 9 posts. Please help people to help you!

lukasvogel ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 2:16 AM

Sometimes asking the right question is more difficult than finding the right answer - so I wouldn' be to hard.

Strangely enough - since I installed Vue 6 I got exactly the same problem as stated above. Vue6 points to the Poser 6 installation, external morphs are unckecked. Whether I save a file from poser 5 or poser 6 or whether I unckeck the external morph option in poser 6 there is no difference. Any idea why I am not so successful as others? Maybe worth to mention I have poser 5 and 6 as well as vue infinite 5 and 6 installed on the same PC.

Cheers

L

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 2:47 AM

This sounds to me like a mix of Runtimes - epsecially of geometry files that maybe are not found - or found in the wrong place.

Does this happen in Vue 5 AND Vue 6 to you or only in Vue 6 (i guess you tried it there).

Regarding the right question. Yes, sometimes it is a little difficult indeed, I understand that. And answering sometimes has a little detective investigation nature. That is why i like it.

Here is was really difficult because we moved from tansparency to movement and ended at morphs. Not easy to identify really.

lukasvogel ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 3:51 AM

Wabe

I was afraid you would come up with the mix of runtimes. Yes that could be and I know some day my various runtimes will hit me. Any tricks how to best clean up are welcome. But it works fine in Vue I 5 and the problem only occurs in VI 6.

Just to mention: Old Vue I5 files (with poser figures and dynamic hair) loaded into Vue I6 also show strange behaviours I never had before (like not rendering the eyeballs etc.) I know there are solutions regarding this in the forum for older version, but I would not expect this kind of behaviour in Vue I6.

What I quickly did is to take a standard Poser6 figure with stranded hair saved it and then import it into VI6. Same story. 

What I am actually trying to achive is defining a workflow in order to re-render existing VUE I 5 files containing poser figures with dyn hair in order to get better results. I am afraid this will as well require reimporting the poser figures!?

I'll try some other things later on. After all it's a pre-release and this things need patience as we know.

Regards

L.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 5:52 AM

Yeah - it took me a couple of weeks to unify my different runtimes back to one. In fact i reinstalled all i wanted freshly into one Runtime - one week was simply to think about a good structure of that. Now all is working smoothly again, no search for textures, no missing items because the geometry is not found. Just straight forward working. But i know exactly how you feel - starting it was a nightmare.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 3:37 AM

I haven't needed to unite my runtimes, but you must have them selected in poser first. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

lukasvogel ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 10:38 AM

Esther that would be good news. I started consolidation my runtimes back into one but I am not shure whether I like that process. 
What do you mean by selecting? You can add various runtimes in Poser but only select one. Would adding a runtime to poser solve the problem (theoretically?) I believe to have tried that already (unsuccessfully) but I may need to go through that systematically again.

Cheers

Lukas

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 4:39 PM

Sorry, not selecting, but I think just add all the runtimes to poser, then try importing into vue again, and theoretically it won't have trouble. Have vue pointed to your most recent poser version that you use for rendering in poser ie probably poser 6 if you've got it. well it works for me. Love esther Ps consolidating runtimes would be horrible as you wouldn't be able to find any of your mat poses etc.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 3:08 AM

Well, i finally bite into the sour apple and reinstalled everything. ESPECIALLY because of the maps that are ultra difficult to identify.

I think on PC there are uptility programs that help on that, it is time that there is one on Mac. Or an update on McPBrowser that offers that.

lukasvogel ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 4:00 PM

There seems to be a workaround (for my problem at least). When importing the figure, it does not render correctly (as described above). But if you hit the preview render button and then render it afterwards - it works, although I am disappointed by the result. The hair is still extremly noisy.

L.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.