Mon, Sep 23, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Question in regards to nickname change service

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 6:51 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:18 PM

Hi,

To be perfectly honest, Draculaz is a stupid nickname. I never liked it, but then it became 'me' so to speak. In an attempt at rebranding myself, my work and so on, I've decided to change it. Now, you're charging 25 bucks for it, which I can only imagine, is because you haven't figured out a way to do it automatically, and as such, someone has to be there and manually type it in everywhere. That kinda sucks for him/her, but anyway.

My question is this.. since you're charging for something any other site in the world (with a better, decent CMS) would have as a free option (I can't even call it a service, since it's banal), can I change mine into renderositysucks? I'm serious, if I can change it, and you will accept my money, that's exactly what I will change it into.

Thanks

drac

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 8:45 AM

I'm sorry but the only Nick availible for you is now 'FluffywanSexGod'

draculaz ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 8:52 AM

the bunny thing is.. that's kitty, that's gotta be kitty..

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 8:11 AM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 8:14 AM

Are you kidding? I haven't read the story on this yet but they are going to charge more money to change one's handle than you pay to burn your order to CD and have it shipped?

Charging money for a service that other offer free?  It's better to create a new account for free and then notate your old account's homepage that you have changed it.

The must be doing it manually which doesn't say alot for their programming nor their willingness to be helpful to their members and potential customers...

shakes head in disgust

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 8:58 AM

... ok..... if you've not read the story... why are you popping up in a joke thread?

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:02 AM

Drac, sweetie...it's only 10 bucks now to change your name. Love the one you want to change it to. lol

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:12 AM · edited Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:16 AM

Quote - ... ok..... if you've not read the story... why are you popping up in a joke thread?

Because honestly one can often get a better handle on things here by reading member input then the "fluff" rendo uses to validate their decisions.  Lundquist posted that his "opinion" wasn't even accepted for that article showing that they intend to keep it "fluff"

I don't have to read the story when the gist of it is that they are charging for what others offer for free as a courtesy or as part of their programming. 

I hadn't bothered to read the story because frankly it didn't cros my mind they'd be charging for that change.  So I read the headline and thought - "oh that's nice" but it isn't really.

The original price was 24.95.  I could pay that cost to buy a kit and actually have my name legally changed (being a female named Shawn is difficult at times, I'm tired of being offered playboy, but I enjoy getting the best of telemarketers who say that "he asked me to call" when mentioning me).

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:16 AM

I was going to comment.. but I realised 'I hadn't bothered to read the story because frankly it didn't cros my mind they'd be charging for that change.  So I read the headline and thought - "oh that's nice" but it isn't really.' says it all...

SpunkyMaMa ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 11:21 AM

Personally I agree that to charge someone to change their name is not worthy of Renderosity and or the membership they thrive upon. The easiest solution is either to make a new account or add the username you prefer as your artist siggy!

I dunno but the charge thing really annoys and frustrates me because its only a username and truthfully if you choose to change it please remember the above mentioned about just adding a new siggy instead why make a new account just because I am Spunkymama does not mean I must add this as a siggy. But if I were to change this a charge would delay this abilty on my part.

SpunkyMaMa
.A.K.A. 
Lady Gwenhwyfar Llywelyn

killa9127 ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 5:50 PM

Hahahahaha alright another joke thread! Better watch it guy's or else...........well you know.................
cough cough

Christel ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 6:12 PM

I have purchased the username change.. Now i wonder, how does this work?

When will this change be activated?

Hugs Christel

I want to take your hand and walk you through my dreams...

killa9127 ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 6:35 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha I'm sorry to say but you got just got jiped.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 7:01 PM

Hi XTrinityX,

Im sure as soon as whomever is handling the username changes either logs on or comes into the office, they will get this taken care of for you. ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 8:08 PM

I'd like to buy a name change please.

for Drac

I want to buy him 'FluffywanSexGod'

billy423uk ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 8:34 PM · edited Mon, 13 November 2006 at 8:35 PM

thats a thing...can we buy name changes for other members without them knowing about it so that when they log on it tells them...your designated nick is now.......snotgobbler_numero_uno or in dracs case fluffywansexgod.......now that could be worth the cash.

toms into sadism, necrophelia and beastiality.....we could change his nick to...amIfloggingadeadhorse

we could change karens to....whowasthatguy....and stacey g's to........gimme_a_break

maybe we could start a what would you buy who thread. people could even put the nick they wanted on their wish list.

all the above is not meant to be taken serious and no malice was meant....unless of course you feel the need to complain. all complaints should be sent using an original thread and state clearly  your complaint of choice and why you're leaving rendo.

billy

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 9:40 PM

I think the service is a good idea. I did think $25 was expensive, but $10.00 seems reasonable to me.  

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

slinger ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:10 PM

Your username changed $10.00
Someone else's username changed - priceless. 👍

Thank goodness we only have around 23,000 members and we can do this for free if someone asks.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:42 PM
Forum Moderator

I'd like to change my username to " I only come here to stir up shit."

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

billy423uk ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 11:26 PM

sorry dan, no can do. you'te not allowd spaces in your username lol

billy

billy423uk ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 11:27 PM

i'd like to change my name to...thatsthebesttendollarsivespentthisyear

billy

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:56 AM

"Whowasthatguy",,, cute, Billy, but I've got my eye on
"WhoTheHellWasThatBozoAnyway"
:lol:

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

mendyh ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:55 AM

Hi, Christel,

We check those daily and change them when we are in the office.  I'm not completely sure, but I would suspect an ebot would be sent that your account was update with username change.

Thank you,

Mendy Hicks
Renderosity Admin.
"If you want to make God laugh....tell Him your plans!"

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 12:36 PM

Don't know how it works, don't care. Don't care what it costs, don't care whether it's loved or hated.

It works, and I'm very pleased with the whole thing. 😄

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:02 PM

Aaah now you can officially be our "Captain Jack" ... Good deal!!!

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:05 PM

file_359501.gif

Yup! Doin' the happy dance, now... 😄

rdonovan ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:35 PM

Coming soon:

Add an item to your wishlist:  $5.00

Remove an item from your wishlist: $10.00 (that'll teach ya...)

Create an avatar (first instance): $20.00

Change an avatar: $50.00 (all that old code to clean up...)

Times must be tough for Bondware...

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 5:14 PM

i know i'll gt lynched for this but if i were a business and could get away with charging for a name change i would. i can see rendo has already made at least 40 bucks lol. and the people who paid seem happy enough to have done so. i think cap'n jacks just trying to impress stacey though lmao...jk jack.

and if they do decide (after you put the idea in their heads) to charge for other thing mentioned and people decide their willing to pay then thats how it goes. i like the name i have, it's my name aprt from the 423 which is the number of billy uk's out there. i keep the same nic for every site. if i ever did want to change it here it'll cost me ten bucks and i'll pay it. luckily i don'y care about purchase history cos i haven't spent anything here but my kids have lmao. god i love those kids. so i can just open a new account and close this one. thre are lots of things in life i'm not happy with but a business making money comes way down on the list, in fact it's a concept i agree with.

what would be good for rendo to do would be to put a notice on the login page for new members to pick their user name wisely as it will cost them 10 bucks if they wish to change it at a later date. jmo

billy

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 5:21 PM

complaint time again.

i think rendo are engaging in short namism.

if my nick is joe it cost me 10 bucks to change it...if my name is hfBF;HF;fgJBF;JBF;bfBF;JbfKJ, it costs me 10 bucks to change it. where's the fair in that.......i think it should be a buck a letter and 50 cents an hyphen lmao. what a twat...it would still cost me 10 bucks to change my name.....i'll have to rethink my complaint.....i kno if it begins with A its a buck, if its C it's 2 buck etc.....yep, that works for me

billy

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 5:53 PM

Billy you better behave boy:) j/k....picking at ya!!

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:14 PM

sto chasing me stacey, you have captain jack now.........pouts

billy

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:20 PM

Quote - sto chasing me stacey, you have captain jack now.........pouts

I'm sure Stacey's heart is big enough for the whole family here. 😄

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:31 PM

My heart is big enough for the whole family. I mean you are "BILLY" come on....I won't be forgetting about you!!!  You keep me on my toes remember?

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 8:41 PM

gosh...i'm blushing now.....i was gonna put a complaint in about jack but i'm too flustered lol

billy

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:06 PM

:) heehee

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:40 PM

I am now to be called VillhelmVonDustbustertheearlofNicknoo

but enough of my private life..

Primal ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 8:31 AM

3 years ago i logged on hear and joined just to get some freebies..i used the name primal...then when i decided to post art here i put my name as primaltruck cuz someone(me)had already used the name"primal"now i cant change my name because i already have it ,but rendo wont  tell me the password to get in and i have changed my email service since..so i am stuck with a name i dont want and a name i cant choose and i cant get it changed.even for 10 bucks!

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 8:38 AM

Quote - ...but rendo wont  tell me the password to get in and i have changed my email service since..so i am stuck with a name i dont want and a name i cant choose and i cant get it changed.even for 10 bucks!

LMAO!  Must suck to be you.  That's why somebody invented Yahoo e-mail.  You'll always have it regardless of your ISP.

Primal ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:05 AM

lol  actually it doesnt suck being me..i am the luckiest person in the world..This is just trivial..but i will go get a yahoo email just to be safe..i have sent a few messages in the past to rendo but they acted like they would have to perform some kind of major surgery to fix my name..maybe now that i can pay they will fix it..

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:41 AM

Primal,

Let me check on your "primal" account. I don't recall that I ever communicated with you about this but I can help you.

Hang tight and I'll site mail you.

Stac

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:51 AM

Quote - gosh...i'm blushing now.....i was gonna put a complaint in about jack but i'm too flustered lol

A complaint about little ol' me? Why, Billy, I'm flattered! 😄

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 9:54 AM

Slightly Off Kilter to the Topic...it cost $75.00 to change your real name, due to the switches that have to be pushed, why should a username with a similar ammount of switches to push be any different...hmmmm..10 bux sounds like a fair deal to me but then I tend to not change the exterior as much as some folks...LOL...been this guy since I figgered out who I was...heh heh heh, and that was 1972...way back last millenium....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:51 AM

Quote - i have sent a few messages in the past to rendo but they acted like they would have to perform some kind of major surgery to fix my name.

Be careful they don't swipe a kidney; they fetch top dollar on eBay.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 10:52 AM

Primaltruck is now officially Primal!!!  FYI

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 1:01 PM

Ok, here's a question or two, how many screennames can be merged into one? Is it $10 per screen name or can three names be merged into one for the same price?

My Freebies

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 1:09 PM

if they're still griping about the username fee, maybe youse guys could turn it into a promotion. e.g. every item one buys from the store here counts for 1 credit towards a name change. then when x-number of credits is accumulated, the user gets a "free" name change. I dunno why they're so keen to change names, but I reckon it's sorta like those IRC chat rooms, where it gets so boring that folks change their nicks every few minutes in an attempt to prod the other users for any signs of life :lol:

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 1:18 PM

We cannot merge accounts. Sorry

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 2:11 PM

Quote - ... sorta like those IRC chat rooms, where it gets so boring that folks change their nicks every few minutes in an attempt to prod the other users for any signs of life :lol:

Good idea, Nancy, I think I'll go get an afternoon cuppa joe to see if I've got any signs of life... :tt2:

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 3:44 PM
Forum Moderator

Hey bobbystahr I once knew a guy that worked for me who legally changed his name to Sixx Pack.   He must have got lots of wise ass comments when he was pulled over by policemen.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 3:55 PM
Site Admin

I mentioned in another thread that once when I was playing around with yahoo people search, I found a listing for a guy named Morgan Dollar. I wonder if he collects coins...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 4:13 PM
Forum Moderator

Nah, he is probably just a Numistmatist.

Primal ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2006 at 6:39 AM

file_359672.jpg

Thank you Stacey!I am Primal!......Primaltruck is the name of my 1959 VW truck...It is nice to have my own  identity..and thank you for all your other help...I feel reborn..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.