Sun, Sep 22, 9:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: doesnt comer up

Alextron115 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:01 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:36 AM

i downloaded it offline AND now i go into daz productions on my programs menu and it wont come up, the only thing that is under daz is how to remove things.

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:14 PM

Alex,
Did you install ALL of the installers that came with the program?  You have to download all of the files in your available downloads at DAZ, and install them, and then you'll find them in your Program Files.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:15 PM

Try re-installing it.  You won't lose anything, it will just write the program and register it again.  Id also download a fresh copy of the installer before re-installing.  You can use the link here in the forum or at DAZ.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Alextron115 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:17 PM

i installed everything, could you post a link to see if i am doing something wrong? or following the wrong link? just tell me what to do, and give me the link. just a simple step by step.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:31 PM

file_360030.jpg

Here's the link to DAZ Studio at DAZ: 

Once you've downloaded the installer, just double-click it and have it install to the same directory where you installed the first time.  You'll have two files to download - the base installer and the content installer.  You'll need both.

Just in case you aren't, you'll need to create an account at DAZ.  It's free and simple and will allow you to get the notices of the D|S upgrades and such.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:47 PM

file_360035.jpg

Thanks for the visual Victoria :) Sometimes visuals help more than anything....{I know they do me ~hehe~}

Also, I think the attached is what Alex is seeing..so he's only seeing the content installer from his start menu..

Alex, go back to that link Victoria posted and redownload the base installer and install it again..it should have pop up telling you that is already there and 'do you want to overwrite'..  it will if you actually installed it earlier....just click 'yes' and let it install again.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 10:29 PM

file_360050.jpg

Alex, can you post a screen of what you're seeing?  You should be seeing this.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Alextron115 ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 6:40 AM

i have daz up and i am playing withy the default character, but whenever i try to download v3 windows says there was an error and needs to shut down.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 8:39 AM

Download V3 (from your accountpage, after buying it for free) or load V3 into D|S from the Content palette? If the latter, my suspicions would be a video card issue  -go to Help>About your video card... and post the first block of five lines or so, telling you what soert of card it is and who the OpenGL provider is etc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.