Sun, Oct 6, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: changing user name - pls help!!!!!!!!!!

amacord ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 7:44 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:43 AM

hi all! the succes of the whole user name idea finally made me change my mind. i want to change my name! i don't want to be an outsider no more! problem is: which one?:unsure: my first idea was "you_want_my_tin_just_spell_it". i like the ethnicky touch about it, but it's obviously too long. the length of "hereUR" would be perfect, but somehow it doesn't really give the kicks - whereas "suck_me_dry" is a bit too offensive for my taste. this morning "suum_cuique" came into my mind...short, straight and classic - not bad, don't you agree? please share your thoughts... TIA Andi ps: someone to lend me ten bucks?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 7:47 AM

it's your handle

"Make it short, so you don't have to cut it short when you use it" - Samwise Gamgee..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 7:58 AM

From all that you listed.... please stick with what you have :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 10:48 AM

If this rock keeps rolling no one will know anyone!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 12:09 PM

"my first idea was "you_want_my_tin_just_spell_it". i like the ethnicky touch about it, but it's obviously too long. the length of "hereUR" would be perfect, but somehow it doesn't really give the kicks - whereas "suck_me_dry" is a bit too offensive for my taste.
this morning "suum_cuique" came into my mind...short, straight and classic - not bad, don't you agree?"

There's always 'Dork' (originally the specific name for the dried preserved phallus of the Sperm Whale).  It's short, simple, and apparently to the point.  Second choice might be 'Coxswain,' (pronounce 'Cock-son').
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 12:10 PM

"my first idea was "you_want_my_tin_just_spell_it". i like the ethnicky touch about it, but it's obviously too long. the length of "hereUR" would be perfect, but somehow it doesn't really give the kicks - whereas "suck_me_dry" is a bit too offensive for my taste.
this morning "suum_cuique" came into my mind...short, straight and classic - not bad, don't you agree?"

There's always 'Dork' (originally the specific name for the dried preserved phallus of the Sperm Whale).  It's short, simple, and apparently to the point.  Second choice might be 'Coxswain,' (pronounce 'Cock-son').
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 3:19 PM

or ya could use "you_know_my_name_look_up_the_number", "je_ne_sais_quoi", "olla_podrida", "er_lasst_sich_nicht_lesen", "etc._ad_infinitum"

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 4:49 AM

Alan Alda? :lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 1:16 PM

some nasty jokes just don't work...i'm getting old sigh thanks in any way, guys, and a special thanks to Acadia, who's user name is as friendly as her comments usually are...:) A.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 3:01 PM

just for the record, I believe acadia is an "he", but I could be wrong. good luck with the name change.

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 5:40 PM

:blink:! er...harumph...acadia? you here?

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 6:11 PM

Yes, I'm here :)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 6:13 PM

Quote - just for the record, I believe acadia is an "he",

checks

Nope!  All girl :)

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 6:46 PM

draws a deep breath of relief i was just guessing... i thought, a person, who likes both cats and aragorn is either female or "female"...; ) A.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:01 PM · edited Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:02 PM

Quote - draws a deep breath of relief i was just guessing... i thought, a person, who likes both cats and aragorn is either female or "female"...; ) A.

Aragorn!!!!  swoons  I think my temperature just rose a few degrees,  LOL

You can see a picture of me in my profile.  I don't own a camera and never think to ask anyone for copies of the pictures they take, so the picture is old... but it's me  :)

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:15 PM

can't find "swoon" in my dictionary. is it sth like "drops to the floor with extraordinarily red cheeks and the general expression of someone who has just smoked sth illegal"?

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:22 PM

Swoon is "to faint" or '"lose consciousness"

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:35 PM

i see... say, may i ask you for a favour?

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:39 PM

I suppose, but no promises until I know what it is :)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:41 PM

oops, sorry acadia, my misteak :lol: please ignore this interruption :lol:

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 7:56 PM

tia look, the thing is: i'm bad in internet-searching. i just don't have the patience to dig through tons of ... to find the pearl. question is: what does "amacord" mean? (basically it's the name of a bar where i drowned a pretty lot of braincells some 20 years ago.) all i've found so far is a movie called "amarcord". fellini, i think. pretty please? @Miss Nancy :tt2: ;)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 8:13 PM · edited Mon, 20 November 2006 at 8:19 PM

I just looked.  All I can find is that it's the name of a song. 

Artist:  Sotavento
Album:   El Siete (1997)
Genres & Styles : Latin Folk

To hear a sample of the song Amacord in Windows Media Player, click the link:

http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=uha9iy1m1qeiy9aaekphkgz&r=64.asx

I tried a French, Spanish, Latin and Portuguese translator but the word doesn't translate.

So I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help you beyond telling you that it's a song on an album that is newer than when you were in a bar killing off brain cells,  hehe

I suppose you could write to the band and ask them what it means. They used the word so I presume that they know what it means.  Here is their website:

http://sotaventomusic.com/siteEn/english.htm

And here is the email address that they list on their site:

info@sotaventomusic.com

EDIT:  Now if you asked about AMARCORD, I found that to mean "I Remember". 

Maybe "Amacord" is just a mispelling of the word "Amarcord"?

amacord ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 8:29 PM

:blink:...all that in a couple of minutes? i'm impressed! thanks for bothering! does a courteous bow strange - that bar is french-styled scratches his head best if i'd ask those guys. thx again and good night!(=0330 CET) A.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 8:56 PM

The more I look, the more convinced I am that the work "Amacord" is an incorrect spelling.

In Google Earth I managed to find an "Amarcord Viaggi Di Fausta Moretti" on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. It looks like a building of some kind... maybe a train station or a ship port. Not sure. According to an online translator "Viaggi" means "Travels".

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 11:17 PM

Quote - The more I look, the more convinced I am that the work "Amacord" is an incorrect spelling.

In Google Earth I managed to find an "Amarcord Viaggi Di Fausta Moretti" on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. It looks like a building of some kind... maybe a train station or a ship port. Not sure. According to an online translator "Viaggi" means "Travels".

========================================================================

Quite interesting.  I knew that it was a movie made by Fellini, and I always thought that Italian words would end in a vowel (some, but not all) -- and I too wondered what that word would be pronounced: Ama[r]cord: I remember.  Hmmm, I don't know; just a real lover of foreign films, I guess.

========================================================================

To the poster, change is good, but I think the name is all the more unique and give it a sense of personality.  I felt the my user name is too "kiddyish" or "cartoonish" for my taste.

So good luck!

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.