Thu, Oct 24, 1:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Can anyone tell me how I can render a character from Daz Studio to Vue Infinite?

DeanPaul ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 11:13 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 1:23 PM

I recently bought Vue Infinite 5 and I'm having problems with my poser6 wich means for me I have to use my Daz wich I like.My problem is I have noi idea how to bring it into vue.When i save in Daz it saves as a daz file wich vue does'nt seem to recognize.Can anyone  point me in the right direction in rendering any figure from daz to vue?

Bea ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 4:10 AM

Export the object from DAZ as a poser object 
Make sure that Use object name(s) root is marked 
the only two things that shouldn't be marked are 
Swap Y and Z orientation 
and 
Convert maps (for Bryce)
and then import the object into Vue

kenmo ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 11:20 AM

When I attempt to export the only formats that I see are Wavefront Obj and Biovision Bvh... I don't see an option for Poser.....

Bea ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 5:53 PM

pick the wavefront obj and go on to the next screen. I am assuming that you are using the uptodate version of DAZ Studio :)

kenmo ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:33 PM

Yes... I have the lastest version of DAZ. Just downloaded it this weekend past. However I can only export as an obj or bvh. I don't see any file format for DAZ or even Poser for that matter...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 2:02 PM

OBJ is what is wanted.

kenmo ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 2:23 PM

I thought DAZ had it's own format....

Bea ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 7:36 PM

Export as an object and then pick Poser

kenmo ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 4:31 PM

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Poser models did not use the OBJ extension and used their own PZZ or something? I know OBJs can be imported into Poser...BUT....

However I am still confused....

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 4:47 PM · edited Sun, 03 December 2006 at 4:48 PM

Quote - Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought Poser models did not use the OBJ extension and used their own PZZ or something? I know OBJs can be imported into Poser...BUT....

However I am still confused....

In this case OBJ is the format of the mesh file, the Poser option mentioned is a choice for the scaling on export.

Poser uses the other extensions to hold the none mesh information (which D|S can read but not write) :-
Characters => CR2 (CRZ for compressed)
Props => PP2 (PPZ for compressed)
Scenes => PZ3 (PZZ for compressed)

Bea ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2006 at 6:17 PM

You are not saving it as a poser file you are exporting it from DAZ Studio as a poser type objt to import into Vue :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.