Sun, Sep 22, 11:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: MATS?

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 5:54 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:09 PM

How do you use a MAT file? Not even sure what it is lol I have house mouse and a bunch of mat files so Idont know how to apply them. Thank you :D

The soul has no window...If the eyes have no tears!

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 5:58 PM

For some completely bizarre reason, my D|S treats MAT files (which are materials files) as poses.  So, for most of them, I just click on the figure I want to apply the MAT to, and then click on the MAT that I want to apply to the figure.

Could be worse, could be raining.

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 7:47 PM

Actually, MAT files were created as a Poser hack, to change textures and settings without having to do it manually.  Which is why they are found in the "Pose" folder for most products.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 8:11 PM

Ok I tried that and nothing happened..so am I doing something wrong or missing something?

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 8:34 PM

Ok so do I need to have textures first for house mouse? and if so do I apply them the same way as clothes?

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 8:48 PM

First, make sure that the House Mouse is selected in your scene palette.  Then double click the MAT pose you wish to use, and you should be fine :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 7:01 AM

Which Mat files? Vilian's sub-dividing poses for the HouseMouse don't work (D|S doesn't at the moment do sub-dividing mat files).

music2u4u ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:22 PM

Just a quick note here....Some things that were created in Poser 5 and 6 do not seem to work in Daz. I know that anything that says "conforming" in it made with Poser 5 or 6 won't work in Daz. When you use a conforming piece of clothing it won't "stick" to the figure even if parented to it. So when you pose the figure the clothes stay unposed and don't move along with the figure so save yourself some trouble and don't download any conforming items (until you get to know Daz, then you can just adjust the clothes to fit the figure once it's posed. I am not really sure about MAT files as I have always been able to get them all to work fine here but there may be a conection here if the MATs were made in Poser 5 or 6 which uses material files. Poser 4 uses templates with .jpgs and ALL Poser 4 stuff works fine in Daz.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:43 PM

Quote - Just a quick note here....Some things that were created in Poser 5 and 6 do not seem to work in Daz. I know that anything that says "conforming" in it made with Poser 5 or 6 won't work in Daz.

The D|S terminology for conforming is "Fit To".
You should see a drop down list with which you can set the figure you want the item to fit.
It's usually at the bottom of the General section of the Parameters palette (must have the root node of the clothing item selected in the Scene palette).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.