Sun, Sep 22, 11:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: UGH HELP PLEASE

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 10:50 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:46 AM

Hello, I was trying to get a preview of a rendered scene and this message came up but I dont know why? "Warning, Obscuring the viewport during an open LG render may corrupt the final image"

The soul has no window...If the eyes have no tears!

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 11:08 PM

If you're using the OpenGL render engine this just means don't do anything until the image is done rendering.  OpenGL won't open a render window until it's done.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 11:09 PM

Is there a difference between the other render options?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 11:21 PM

If you go to the Render Options you have the choice of using hardware or software render engines.  I generally use the software engine because OpenGL isn't fully supported by DAZ Studio.  Just set the slider all the way to the right and you'll be able to watch your render as it happens.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

starr_moongoddess ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:51 AM

Figured it out thank you for your help :D

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 1:55 AM

My pleasure - 🆒

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 5:26 AM

Open GL is just a "preview" mode.  It won't be any better of a render than what you see in your preview window....well, the gridlines will be gone, that's about it.  I recommend using the 3Delight renderer (the software renderer) to get better results from your render ;)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

music2u4u ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 1:36 AM

I have never had any problems with anything corrupting any openGL previews here. I can start the render and immediately open another window on top of Daz blocking it completely out. When my render finishes, I go to the file and it is fine. I have just ignored this message from day 1 and never in 4 years had a problem obscuring any openGL renders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.