Tue, Oct 22, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photographer Choice November Official Thread

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 4:04 PM

file_360431.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 4:05 PM

file_360432.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 4:06 PM

file_360433.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 4:07 PM

file_360434.jpg

Squid123 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 11:47 PM

file_360468.jpg

This was taken during a lunar eclipse.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 1:50 AM

wowwwwwwwww, very beautiful!!!

Littlejock ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 10:31 AM

file_360573.jpg

More examples inside the Barraca. Very antique traditonal home. Great pictures here.

Littlejock ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 10:35 AM · edited Sun, 26 November 2006 at 10:37 AM

file_360575.jpg

no modern closet, only the wall to save the Service in the antique home. Maybe i upload to the gallery..

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 12:20 PM

Oh si Luis, me gusta mucho estas fotos, es como un come-back a nuestros  pasados... Excelente cielo!!! 😄

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 10:40 AM

file_360670.jpg

Some great examples of low light photography in this challenge. I am really impressed with what everyone entered. I have a question though. What images really stand out for you all as good examples of low light?

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:32 PM

Kort : The law light style  is to make a photo without flash and only with the natural low light in the espace or room with a soft light... The best condition for to take this style of picture is the night. : http://www.blackphoto.com/tutorials/lesson_night.asp or
http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/how-to-get-better-digital-photos-in-low-light-conditions-without-using-a-flash/
(my 2 favorits webpages for the tutorials)

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 1:02 PM · edited Mon, 27 November 2006 at 1:02 PM

Thanks for that link Valou. Those points at the bottom definitley explain how to get good low light photos, but I was wondering more what makes a GOOD low light photo.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 1:24 PM

The night

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 1:27 PM

for me, the more best is the photo of the theme it's just the low light of the candle...

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 2:27 PM

file_360685.jpg

EXIF Make=NIKON CORPORATION Model=NIKON D50 Orientation=Normal XResolution=300,00 YResolution=300,00 Resolution Unit=Inch Software=Ver.1.00 Date Time=2006:11:27 21:46:18 YCb Cr Positioning=Co-sited Exposure Time=10/80 sec FNumber=F5,6 Date Time Original=2006:11:27 21:46:18 Date Time Digitized=2006:11:27 21:46:18 Exposure Bias Value=0/6 Max Aperture Value=F5,0 Metering Mode=MultiSegment Light Source=Unidentified Flash=Off, surpressed Focal Length=55,00 mm ISOSpeed=0, 800 Quality=FINE White Balance=AUTO Image Sharpening=AUTO Focus Mode=AF-A Flash Setting=Unknown Auto Flash Mode=Unknown White Bias Value=0 Image Adjustment=AUTO Lens Information=18,0-55,0(mm)  F3,5-F5,6 Focus Area=.... Mode=32 Color Mode=Mode 3 (sRGB): higher saturation Hue Adjustment=0 Noise Reduction=OFF Sub Sec Time=80 Sub Sec Time Original=80 Sub Sec Time Digitized=80 Color Space=sRGB Exif Image Width=0 Exif Image Length=0 Interoperability Index=R98 Interoperability Version=0100 Interoperability Offset=24792 Sensing Method=OneChipColorArea File Source=Digital Still Camera Custom Rendered=Normal process Exposure Mode=Auto White Balance=Auto Digital Zoom Ratio=1/1 Focal Lengthin35mm Film=82,00 mm Gain Control=Low gain up Contrast=Soft Saturation=Normal Sharpness=Hard Subject Distance Range=Unknown

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 3:54 PM

Thanks again Valou, that is valuable info. But as I am trying to get across (anyone speak French), I am more curious about the subject and mood rather than the technique and what others think makes an interesting low light photo.

marybelgium ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 4:24 PM

file_360692.JPG

and another one !

rainbows ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 4:40 PM

Great shots everyone. I like this one Mary!!! Na night all. Diane

LouLouBell ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 11:11 PM

file_360714.jpg

Hi Heres a low light shot of the Yarra River in Melbourne, Australia taken during the Commonwealth Games earlier this year when we had lots of coloured lights around town. I really love low light shots with night lights and glowing buildings like Valouchufys ones!! Cheers Lou

LouLouBell ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 11:12 PM

file_360715.jpg

Ok, maybe just one more of the famous night fish at the Commonwealth Games, Yarra River, Mlebourne, Australia.

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 11:13 PM

Kort... the image you posted and the ones Littlejock  have above are fine examples of what I think are good low light. You both left  the details of  the subject in tact, and also brought to eye the mood as close to what the real view was when taken. How I can explain this better is that, sometimes you want to take a photo and keep it exactly as you saw it, even though a camera can sometimes lose the details such as your wood grain. Then  the light from window can wash out the scene if not exposed right. Yours did not.
 Definitely the older buildings or antique styles seem to go best with low light.
Just on Sunday I tried a similar shot in a barn, and it  was a disaster.

Now Valou...your example of low light tutorials are excellent. You also brought out the details of the flame,while adding a very artistic approach to it. You also  chose to make the door opening one in B&W which is appealing.

What is interesting and captures my eye on Littlejocks  photos is how the shadows  work in favour.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 1:15 AM

Thank you my Lou... But your brisge is so beautiful with all these colors!!!! Excellent 😄

Kort, I understand good your question... and I saw you, the ideas, you can have a lot because you're a good phototgrapher, depend where you go now.. you can have a very nice suject like the reflection moon in the water, or the bridge of the city... You must to try Kort... I hope you show us these photos 😄

marybelgium ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 2:55 AM

forgot to say my image was taken at Paris , Gare du Nord ! To all I wish a wonderful day /night !

viper ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 6:33 PM

file_360829.jpg

Thought I would enter this one

rainbows ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 6:39 PM

Truly great shots all! Nice to see this beauty candle from you, Viper :-) Bonny low light shot, indeed. So happy you posted this one. Diane.

Biffowitz ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 7:03 PM

file_360831.jpg

Here is a shot I took last night. It's a partial of a stadium pano that didn't pan out!

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.

Biffowitz ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 7:05 PM

file_360832.jpg

Even more stadium shots huh!

Biffowitz ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 7:06 PM

file_360833.jpg

Lastly one more stadium ROFLMAO................it's still November.....right?

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 7:59 AM

file_360878.jpg

Yep...you got them in under the wire. Those are some bright lights! Terrific captures everyone and super participation. Here's one last one from me, an old washroom. I'm trying to decide wether or not to put it in my gallery.

rainbows ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 8:46 AM

Hello everyone, get it posted, Kort. A splendid shot. I would be very, very proud to have it in my gallery!!! Diane.

Littlejock ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 9:14 AM

file_360886.jpg

Hello again.. in this last days of this thread. I back again and I´m so happy some talk about my pics.. and I decide to show how was the light i used in my earlier photos. I close the gate of the barrca as you see now with this chair and only this low light.. with for my cam.. the time was open the aperture was betwen 20 seconds until 30 in this last with ISO of 100.  ONly with this little ray of light and was around 13:30 hours in Spain. 

About the last question.. I think .. I love specially when create some special mood and atmosphere.. and some times is in the night and others... at day.. but low light create also a interesting atmospher. Only need a tripod of course... I like this mood inside the barraca... 

I have another strange pic... I took when forgot  the aperture is open and turn 90 degree the tripod during this time (around 20 seconds and still was working 10 seconds more).. The effect was so strange... and maybe i post in gallery..

Alpha ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 2:26 PM

file_360910.jpg

Ocotillo at moonset. Nikon D-100, ISO 200, Nikor 80 to 200 Zoom at 200mm, f-16, 2 seconds.

I hope this qualifies for low light. Shot during the morning twilight (5:30 AM) from calcite canyon in the Anza-Borrego Desert of Southern California.

It does look better larger, is there a place here at Renderosity to post a larger version? If so, where and how?

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 3:06 PM

Alpha, it sure does quality and is a wonderful image. You could post it in your gallery: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=45376 It would be a wonderful opening photo. Just click the upload button and follow the directions.

rainbows ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 6:20 PM

file_360945.jpg

Last one from me. It was a dawn, with a wishing tree! This has been a new experience for me.. I have enjoyed it greatly. Diane.

Biffowitz ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 9:12 PM

I'm with Diane on this one, it has been fun, and I think great participation too.

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:24 AM

file_361381.jpg

I hope I'm not too late

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 9:15 AM

By 4 days, but we forgive you. ;']

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.