Thu, Sep 19, 10:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: V4 is JUST around the corner now!

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 3:33 AM

Though I can't be sure, MorphForm sounds like what I've done in my figures since Evo-Girl.  Posing ERC Dials.  It's basically like "Look Dials" but the next logical step - bending or turning multiple connected areas of a limb, like Twist the entire arm which would twist hand, forearm, shoulder and perhaps collar.

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 3:38 AM

It also sounds like she has embedded linked deformers (magnets) that are ERC-wired.  I think that's also been done before in the community though I can't recall.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 5:15 AM

Joint controlled muscle morphs? Old News but a welcome addition that doesn't have to be hacked into the figures.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 12:56 PM

Ho hum.

LaVonne ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 1:04 PM

I agree with the eyebrow comment. I hope the lashes, brows & pubes are not transmapped. I never like that whole transmapping thing.

Maybe that's just me though...

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 2:18 PM

Quote - Simple cause Carrara has a killer render and shader engine. I use it all the time with  poser figures. :-)

Quote - Why render in Carrara? Why not Poser7? I use Carrara often, just wonder why - something to do with the lighting?

There's some point in using Carrera, or Bryce, or any other rendering program that give the results you want. But if you're making a figure for Poser, why not render in Poser? Or DAZ Studio: I know Daz were looking for somebody to make publicity renders in that software. As it is, we hear talk about really huge texturemaps, and they don't show a Poser render, and I know that Poser has a limit on texturemap size, and I wonder.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 2:30 PM

Just a cross-connection with the Poser 7 threads. DAZ are using something that sounds like ERC tech, with several different parameters controlled by one dial. The Reason 7 list included a reference to improvements in how this can be set up. Quoting: Flexibly increase or reduce the value of any parameter in your scene with Dependent Parameters. Using Dependent Parameters in your files allows you to modify multiple morph targets, deformers or any other parameter using a single, master parameter dial. Now with Poser 7, you have much greater control in defining the ways that your parameters interact as your figure is adjusted. I can see there being a P7 .cr2 which takes advantage of such a change, and a more limited version for older software. Does this mean a .cr7 file? What this "greater control" might be, I have no idea.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 8:39 PM

Transmapped brows and lashes allow for better variation.  Plus modelled brows and lashes are just added more vertices that have to be smoothed and rendered.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rendered her in Carrrara because maybe they are making her so that she has multiple functionality in different programs.  It would certainly be advantagous for DAZ to do so since they are acquiring so much software.

I just think the timing on releasing her is getting down to the wire...especially in the holliday season.  Release her when people are hungry to buy, but not when they are burnt out on shopping.

joemccarron ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 10:10 PM

I don't know anything about modeling.  However i know V3 and other poser figures are notoriously difficult to import into other programs.  I wonder if with V4 and M4 they will somehow try to make that task easier.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 11:23 PM

I find them very easy to import into  Vue, Shade and Carrara. I also find them very easy to import into any of my modeling apps. You only need to know what scaling works best for the modeling app that you want to use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.