Tue, Oct 22, 4:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: MEC4D... final act?

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 7:42 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:17 AM

Hi Folks 

Just received in my e-mail:

TONIGHT MEC4D STORE WILL BE CLOSED, EVERY PRODUCT IS SET FOR ? 1, TOTAL 30 PRODUCTS FOR ?30 A UNIQUE AND ONE TIME OFFER TO GET ALL CATHARINA PRODUCTS BEFORE THE STORE AND WEBSITE IS CLOSED FOREVER.

PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN YOUR COMMUNITY ABOUT THIS SPECIAL OFFER

THANK YOU VERY UCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT
MEC4D

So... anyone knows what happened with Cath after burning her home?  :(

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 7:45 AM

Got that e-mail as well... wish Cath would pop in and let us know how she is getting on before she disappears.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

stephaniebt ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 7:59 AM

I got the email too and bought all the skin photo packs. Nice to get some texturing photos where the people aren't covered with scabs and pimples, just lots of lovely freckles and interesting moles.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 8:19 AM

Would you post a link to her site if that's permissable?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 8:21 AM

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

swfreeman ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 8:52 AM

makes me so sad..  bought as much as i could use. hope it helps somehow

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 8:53 AM

Thanks ziggie!

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:16 AM

Just made a purchase or two also. So very sad to see her go.

My Facebook Page

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:26 AM

Sigh she has my old email so I can't get into my account without getting hold of her. This means I can't get the stuff I bought before. Wonder why she doesn't sell her items in other stores? There are enough new users that would buy like crazy, she would have a good income from all her hard work. I can understand not wanting to keep the old store after all that has happened but would be good to have that income to help her get back on her feet.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:31 AM

She is AWESOME at what she does. I, too, would like to hear how she's doing. I actually did a search for her name in this forum just yesterday to see if there'd been any updates on her.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:39 AM

Seems weird that she would do this and give one day to sell the items. I emailed her and am going to wait until I get an answer. Call me crazy but I've seen sites hacked before and am nervous. Knowing how particular she always was about her work I just can't see her selling items for $1.23 a shot.
Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:51 AM

Got an email from her so ordering. She is going into music more so wants to put the modeling aside to have time for that.
Marque

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:04 AM

€8 for 6 top quality textures, a shader pack and a light pack. I feel like a criminal. Okay, I'm a criminal. I'll live with it as best I can. ;)

steerpike ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:05 AM

"bought as much as i could use. hope it helps somehow"

My thoughts exactly. Catherina's contribution to Poser has been immense, and she's been generous before - she released a bunch of early textures for free two or three years ago.

I know that the genorosity is a necessity this time, but at these prices showing support for her is a pleasure.

My email said "tonight", and if that's European time, we've got eight hours or so left.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:44 AM

Quote - She is AWESOME at what she does. I, too, would like to hear how she's doing. I actually did a search for her name in this forum just yesterday to see if there'd been any updates on her.

This is on the front page of her website:

Quote - MEC4D GO TO SELL MUSIC SOON PRODUCED BY CATHARINA UNDER HER NEW ARTIST NAME [ MISS KAY ] HER NEW MUSIC ALBUM COMING OUT IN ONE WEEK WORLDWIDE, ALSO IN JANUARY IN ALL KNOWING MUSIC ONLINE STORES WORLDWIDE!!!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS OF CATH JUST CHECK OUT SOON FOR THE NEW WEBSITE.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:26 AM

Does anyone know if the Unity texture can be used with the normal V3?

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:44 AM

It's for a different character do doubtful.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:50 AM · edited Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:51 AM

Attached Link: Miss Kay Myspace page

I've heard some of her music. She's very talented. I wish her well. I just did a quick search and found her myspace page.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:54 AM

So thats it. We are not going to see her anymore? Even here at Renderosity?

:sad:

rreynolds ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 12:18 PM

Didn't Mec4D have M3 and more than just one V3 texture?

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 12:20 PM · edited Fri, 08 December 2006 at 12:34 PM

Quote - I've heard some of her music. She's very talented. I wish her well. I just did a quick search and found her myspace page.

Thank you  for that link. 

I went and read her page and listened to the 4 songs offered. I was quite surprised that they are "Rap" (not really my choice of music).  I'm not sure what I expected, but Rap wasn't in the running.  LOL

She does have a very nice voice!   I do wish though that there would have been more of her singing. To me it seemed liked she is  singing backup on her self titled CD instead of being the main vocalist.  But then again Van Halen isn't the lead vocalist of his band either.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 12:35 PM · edited Fri, 08 December 2006 at 12:36 PM

That 'sounding like they're singing back up' thing seems to be common in pop and hip hop music nowadays. I, too, was a bit surprised at these songs (I actually listened to them after I posted the link). What I'd heard before was her singing by herself over a kind of trance/techno music. A bit different from this. I suspect she also wrote, produced and arranged these as well as performance. She's a very capable and talented person.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 6:37 PM

It looks as though I've missed this one. Still, good luck to the lady in her new endeavours. The things I hear about the music business, I fear she'll need it.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 6:59 PM

It's not too late.  I just placed an order.  It's downloading now.

I recommend PayPal.  I tried to pay with a credit card.  First it told me that I couldn't pay in euros with a Discover card.  So I tried a Visa.  It hung.  And hung,  And hung.  Finally, I clicked the "try another card" button and switched to PayPal.  It went through very quickly, and my downloads were immediately available.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 7:14 PM

I bought Stonehenge and all her male texture sets. Paypal worked fine.  Disappointed to hear she's leaving Poserdom but I wish her all the best with her new music career.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:38 PM

i used paypal, but on the site it says "order pending" and i don't see any way to dl anything.  i have a paypal receipt  already, so i hope i get a way to dl before the site goes poof.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 5:19 AM

Are you a first-time customer?  I think I got that "order pending" thing the first time I placed an order at Mec4D. 

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 7:22 AM

yes, i am.  and now i have the downloads!  it's just incredible to get this stuff at that price.

i wish her well in her music career, and i hope she doesn't get in trouble for doing beyonce's song (if beyonce wrote and not just sang "say my name").  maybe she got licensing to perform it, though.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 7:49 AM

I guess a lot people agreed about the price.  She just sent an e-mail out saying her store got hammered.  She hadn't expected that kind of response.  She will keep the store open long enough for everyone to get their downloads. 

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 1:39 PM · edited Sat, 09 December 2006 at 1:41 PM

Yes, I've received an generic email

**Hello  ,
thank you again for all the support, it was well not expected twister on level 5 yesterday in the store, and because still not all customers downloaded own products I am here for the rest of the day with all support.
Please make sure that you have all files downloaded correctly, some of you that use Antivirus software Norton can have an empty file, please check good out and if this is the case just shut down your antivirus software for a moment and re-download your products.

Another issue why I write to you again is the store account, as you know already Mec4D get into music business as recording label, we do this already but not official Online and behind the Internet scene, In about one week my new Music Album "Freedom of Movement" drop in worldwide under my brand new artist name:: Miss Kay :: so please check out our new store soon and also all Online Music stores worldwide between December and January,
if you like to stay with your account at mec4d store it is ok, but if you don't wish any future contacts and e-mails from our store please log in into your account and set your e-mail information off (set to accept site email), and nobody will bother you again in the future.

I hate spam and I would not like to send you any e-mails you were not interested in.
Many of my customers asked me to keep the account because they are interested in the future of my productions, but because here is to much account it is just not possible for me to check everyone again and you know I don't trust anybody regarding this business and me and only me have access to your all information and data.

On this point I would like to thank you very much for the wonderful years and support in the Poser community, you all was for me just as a big family and I will never forget you!!!!
I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New year 2007 and much inspirations and creative time with your Poser and the wonderful art .

God Bless you and yours
Much Love always,
Catharina aka Cath**

CASETTE
=======

Tiari ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 1:56 PM

Sadly all catagories are down now, and it notes on the front page to not make any orders.

I hope she has good luck in her new endeavors :)

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 3:23 PM

Sincerely... I haven't listened her music yet. I hope she has a big success with it but... there's a lot of singers, groups, genders in Music world... it's very difficult to raise there a name

but in Poser world she was a Number One

CASETTE
=======

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.