Tue, Oct 22, 12:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Victoria 4 Phoneme Morphs

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:07 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:41 PM

I may have missed these somewhere, but I can't seem to find any phoneme morphs in the morph package for Victoria 4.

Anyone have some info on these?

- Noel  

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 2:33 AM

Unless DAZ is planning to release a Mimic morph pack, there aren't any.  But you can shape the mouth however you wish with the existing morphs, so it should be possible to create any necessary phonemes.  I'm going to give it a try this weekend.

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 09 December 2006 at 10:55 PM

DAZ is working on the phenome morphs and also a pretty spectacular set of creature morphs. Coldrake

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 1:04 AM

They shouldn't have to be WORKED on, they should havebeen ready from the start.  this is like selling a new car, but ith only one side painted.  It's REALLY bad form to market incomplete products.  DAZ drops the ball yet again.
Just my unsolicited, and completely biased, opinion.  And to answer the unasked question; no, I've no intention of spending money on this figure; not when I've got Wiktorija for free.
One should look up Jim Farris' gallery, and see his seris about his rebuilt Posette - there too he goes into his reasoning into why he rejects the DAZ/Millenium figures, one of which is that Posette comes ready made with an atractive body, and doesn't require an extra set of $100.00 morphs to achieve those results.  Nor does one have to sit around waiting for her Phoneme morphs.  All these came grattis along with the base figure.
BTW, does DAZ give anythig grattis with this figure?
Dzhugashvili's Gerbille

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 1:23 AM

Lol! I thought we were over due for one of your anti DAZ rants, glad to see you didn't disappoint! Coldrake

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 3:30 AM

Quote - Lol! I thought we were over due for one of your anti DAZ rants, glad to see you didn't disappoint! Coldrake

I know, I'm an unwanted royal pain in the posterior - its just that the glind idolitry with all things DAZ make me twinge.  Do whatever you like -it's your money, not mine, but just do with your eye open and not bedazzled by all the glittery tinsel.
Dzhugashvili's Gerbille

spyder461 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 8:34 PM

Quote - BTW, does DAZ give anythig grattis with this figure?

Actually, the Base Figure is being given away.  

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 9:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - BTW, does DAZ give anythig grattis with this figure?

Actually, the Base Figure is being given away.  

True, but you have to BUY Platinum Club Membership first.
Dzhugashvili's Gerbille

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 5:06 AM

Damn glittery tinsel!  Get's me every time.  I should know better!  lol.  

I'm not fully satisifed, but V4 is just another mesh for my runtime.  I like having a variety of meshes, this doesn't mean I'm going to retire my V3 or my Miki, or even Dork.  They all have their uses, granted, some more than others.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 5:15 AM

"I'm not fully satisifed, but V4 is just another mesh for my runtime.  I like having a variety of meshes, this doesn't mean I'm going to retire my V3 or my Miki, or even Dork.  They all have their uses, granted, some more than others."

ThrommArcadia, not to start a conflagration, but yours does sound like one of the more balanced opinions I've heard so far.
Not that it's REALLY any of my business,.
Dzhugashvili's Gerbille

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 5:43 AM

I don't object to the large selection of morphs not duplicated 100%, I am realistic about development times, just the fact they're presented as "Full Morphs++".

My Freebies

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 7:02 AM · edited Mon, 11 December 2006 at 7:05 AM

Thanks dphoadley.  

In truth I have to admit I somehow let myself get caught up in the hype, I was hoping for something that I knew wasn't possible with any one mesh.  I should have known better, well, I do know better, but I'm human and hope is one of my weaknesses.

I then went through remorse.  I was remorseful for all the things that this figure didn't have.  Not so much a buyers remorse, I guess more a of a disappointment.  I then played with it for a while and just enjoyed what it does have.

In the end, I figure she's just another mesh.  I'll do some renders, play with her boobies, and then move on.  I know the people who made her invested a lot of time and effort and they believed they were making something great.  Hey, good for them, they did something I do not have the training or patience to do myself.  I'm willing to fork out some dough for that.

Yeah, there are issues, but they'll be addressed in time.

I still am a big fan of the original figs that come with Poser.  I often feel like I might be the only one who sees hope for the face room  My avatar is a spitting image of me, created with Don in the Face Room.  I'm very happy with the results, and anyone who knows me has been amazed.

I've cloned a few friends too.  They all enjoy it.  Like anything, it takes patience.  I'm very excited about the Mesh morphing capabilities of P7.  I like that I can take and create a character, be it with it's own morphs, or in the face room, or whatever, and then I can tweak the character without having to export to Hexagon or Wings or 3D Studio.  I'm lazy and I'm acutally very happy working in Poser.

Anyway, It is easy to whine and it is easy to jump for joy, but sometimes I just have to sit back and put things into perspective.  It is really sad that people like myself have gone on some kind of emotional ride due to the release of some virtual doll.  For crying out loud, I'm an adult and I do have a life away from the computer!  (insert standard LOL here).

Cheers!

stallion ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 11:47 AM

wouldn't it be great if they also included a viseme file along with mimic phonemes

well I can dream can't I  

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

soulhuntre ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 6:23 AM

Quote - Thanks dphoadley.  
I still am a big fan of the original figs that come with Poser.  I often feel like I might be the only one who sees hope for the face room  My avatar is a spitting image of me, created with Don in the Face Room.  I'm very happy with the results, and anyone who knows me has been amazed.

If Sydney gets the kind of support she may well get - then V4 will be in trouble as the top dog out there. As Daz strays further away from embracine the P7 features (they never did buy into P6 till far too late) Sydney just has a technical edge.

MKeyes ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 6:54 AM · edited Tue, 12 December 2006 at 6:57 AM

Quote - They shouldn't have to be WORKED on, they should havebeen ready from the start.  this is like selling a new car, but ith only one side painted.  It's REALLY bad form to market incomplete products.  DAZ drops the ball yet again.
Just my unsolicited, and completely biased, opinion.   Posette comes ready made with an atractive body, and doesn't require an extra set of $100.00 morphs to achieve those results.  Nor does one have to sit around waiting for her Phoneme morphs.  All these came grattis along with the base figure.
BTW, does DAZ give anythig grattis with this figure?
Dzhugashvili's Gerbille

I don't like Posette. No doubt, I never will. I am a true blue loyal lover of the Mil-family! And especially - ESPECIALLY - of V4! WOW - she is FANTASTIC! Her capabilities in morphs, her body structure, her textures, and her expressions? Yeah - I'm one of them! Paid hundreds? No, no where close. But then, I guess I could have bought P7 as I did P6, spending hundreds only to end up with a load of content, good for only head and shoulder renders, with clothing that is not even worth calling crappy! Now, P7 - more content that has been chosen for ME? That once again, I may not use. No, that's the wagon I'm not leaping on. Considering they released so close to P6 when many were still purchasing that! They can keep it!

D/S 1.4.16.0 is out - FREE - with D/S 1.5 - soon on the way - Free! And the PC clumb membership? Got that too - will never let it go, because it has been COMPLETELY worth it! I mean, you get more than HALF of the money back right off the bat! Then a wonderful selections of 1.99 content. Then even more discounts on products for sale. I don't know how many times I've paid $1 or less for expensive content that would have cost me a great deal more had I not been a PC member. I sorry - it pays to be. I love ol'curmudgeons like yourself, brings lift and laughter to my day - making me feel even better about being a Dazzerite!

soulhuntre ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 2:19 PM

Quote - D/S 1.4.16.0 is out - FREE - with D/S 1.5 - soon on the way - Free!

D|S is a cool tool - but it is nowhere near the toolt hat Poser 7 is. Thats not meant to be insulting to Daz, it's jsut reality right now. When you add in the huge expertise the e-frontier company brings to the table graphically (under the hood Shade kicks ass) and their greater financial strength it will be liek that for a long time.

It's simply economics. Daz doesn't have the resources to pour into a free tool supported by content that e-frontier has to pour into a commercial product. The differences are starting to show.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Daz finally commits to D|S and makes their producs D|S first with some limited Poser compatability. Thats the way I feel about them now since V4 doesn't bring full P7 support.

stallion ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 4:30 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=49601

V4 and a host of other characters to get talk designer support Talk Designer Expansion Kit sold at Content Paradise thread over at Daz Commons

i guess dreams really do come true

stallion ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 4:50 PM

information also in the product showcase forum

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:22 PM

I don't know why people are starting to believe it's a Daz vs Poser issue.  Daz, of course, is commited to a great product with D/S, but in reality, they wanted to offer a free solution to Poser to entice some more people into the hobby.  In the end, Daz doesn't care what software you use, as long as you purchase products from their store.  

This isn't a Coke vs Pepsi issue, there is no unspoken feud between these companies.  Daz knows where their bread is buttered and let's face it e-frontier makes software, not meshes.  The  best meshes with Poser 7 were the ones provided by third party vendors.  I would rather that the e-fronier people concentrate on the coding side and keep refining this software.  I don't want them investing too much into trying to create the next greatest fig.  They don't have to, it's a waste of resources.

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:50 PM

V4 is not fantastic. She has issues. Some of them are rather glaring.
Maybe no one else is bothered by those really HIGH armpits, but I am. I've hated it on Posette, on V1, V2, V3 and V4 has them too.
She's improved in many places, but she is far from fantastic. I'm currently considering returning her.
What really pissed me off in a big way is that we get a Morphs++ package... which DOES NOT INCLUDE INDIVIDUAL MUSCULAR MORPHS.
That is NOT a "plus plus" package, kthx, that's complete and utter crap.
No phonemes. Nothing.
Sorry, but I'd rather dump the entire "content" for V4 in return for those muscle morphs.
If they had been available, I'd have bought them and rejected every single piece of clothing and hair for her. So now what will likely happen is that I will return the entire lot and just wash my hands off her and stick to V3.

Why do we think it's a Daz vs Poser issue?
Could it be that you can't use external body morphs with V4?

Silke

MKeyes ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:07 AM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:13 AM

Basically it comes down to one undeniable fact. There will always be issues and dislikes from various groups-users concerning Poser 6-7.  Which also applies to D/S - it all depends on how long you've been in the game. What you're used to using and what you expect from the program based on that fact and what  your particular tastes, needs and requirements are. 

I have P4 - P5 - P6 - perhaps wa-a-ay down the road, I may go for P7 - however, I have a feeling that I won't, because with all the previous, I've closed them down and opened my D/S. Its what [ I ] prefer. I accept that. I have two cyber buddies, who cannot get into using D/S. Although one of them is slowly starting to lean towards it for whatever her reasons are. That's just the way its going to be.

As for V4 - the same applies. I've yet to find or use a 3D character that was perfect. Its either the bend of the joints in certain poses, or the fitting of the lousy clothing provided for them, or the neck and head being awkward and big. Massive of body, with tiny hands on a male - which looked dumb. Only poses that were suitable were head and shoulders. Yadda yadda yadda - there will always be issues from someone about one or the others. 

All I can say, is that for all that is RIGHT with V4 - I can accept what might be wrong. Same with any others I may use, its all about variety.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.