Mon, Sep 9, 4:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Show us your early Vue 6 renders!

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 9:22 AM

file_358929.jpg

For this image I used the spectral model with global radiosity. I am showing it because I turned the boat into a light. Before that the boat was dark. The boat is an alpha-plane

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 12:23 PM

Cool, it looks a little like a ghost ship.

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 1:19 PM

Thanks, the scene is a fantasy scene.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 5:23 PM

I have some alpha plane flames that I bought at daz. Canthey be turned into lights? At the moment in my scene I have just placed a globe in each one to light the scene. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

craftycurate ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 6:18 PM

There's a tutorial on the E-on website about how to do that I think.

jc ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 8:56 PM

Very cool scene Wabe!

Love the large number of sirds in the sky, the ship, water and atmosphere. The glowing sales worked out very well! Nice composition too - always a pleasure to see images that are not the default aspect ratios.

cdirector ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 4:55 PM

file_359142.jpg

"Quick" test with sub-surface scattering. Rendering time about 16 hours (with SP 1.6 G5)!

Rebel3D ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 5:08 PM

Wow!

We all want something beautiful
Man, I wish I was beautiful
When everybody loves me, I will never be lonely

Counting Crows

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 10 November 2006 at 5:26 PM

How did you do it? Love esther

cdirector ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 4:31 AM · edited Sat, 11 November 2006 at 4:37 AM

Attached Link: Files for Candle scene

Well, those of you who would like to study that simple candle scene: be my guest. 😊

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 8:35 AM

Thanks!!!

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 8:44 AM

Thanks!!!

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 8:46 AM

Thank you so much for your generosity! :)

Counting Crows

pacman323 ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 9:34 PM

hello all
agiel very nice render
i have vue 6 too but each time i open a compo i had always the animation scroll open don't know  why ?? any clue for me??

i would like to know what type of computer you have because  mine always crash down for just little render & when i saw your compo i can't imagine what is your computer

please help

thx Manu

Rebel3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:20 AM

Hi Pacman :) Welcome to the forum and the frustrations and joys of Vue ;)

I get alot of crashes. I am not on a weak computer either, though it is not as good as the duo-core ones some of the folks here have. I think it is instability in the beta we bought causing the excessive crashes, and I am sure they are working on a fix for it :)

Counting Crows

j-art ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:37 AM

Hi all!

My name is Uwe and I’m pretty new to this forum, but I already got some wonderful help from some of the forum members concerning buying V6I. To make it short, I got my V6I on Friday, download worked just fine and got it installed late Friday night (after getting all those funny registration codes and activation codes and stuff, haha).

However the last Vue I had the pleasure to work with was Vue 4, and it has passed some time till I did something with 3d apps as I just worked 2d digital the last three or four years. What shall I say, I played around in Vue6 the whole Saturday and I’m literally speechless with it’s possibilities. Never before I saw such clouds coming out of a 3d application, and as I missed Vue 5 I had no clue about this powerful eco system, I’m really completely in awe!

So here is what I did so far with my new toy. As for the crashed some of you talked about here, well I had some too, but only when I overdid it with textures and stuff. Most critical for my computer is the “wax texture” didn’t get a render with it, but I assume that’s more a problem of my old computer. All in all it worked very stable.

Forgive me if the renders I show here are pretty unprofessional, but as said it was a long time since I used 3d apps the last time ;-). But Vue will change that, I had so much fun yesterday and I’m so pleased with the results, I did lots of renders yesterday (most only in preview mode in low resolution). The only render in final mode are the clouds and the “green landscape” and it took some time till it was rendered, the others are only preview, but even in preview I was amazed by the result.

Ok think you see I’m really happy with my new toy, here is what I got so far.

Bests

-Uwe

uwe jarling vue6 test renders

Rebel3D ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:44 AM

Hi Uwe :) Wow, you are learning fast! And I love your cave :)

Counting Crows

attileus ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 8:49 AM

Thanks Uwe; amazing cloudscapes here; some of them look photoreal!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 9:07 AM

XLT work for just getting V6  :)

j-art ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 9:11 AM

Thanks guys,

And best all done in only ONE day, if I had to paint something similar it would take me month! AND I can take picture like that for reference for my 2d paintings, there is no need anymore to look for photo reverence if I need a cool looking sky, ot I can just paint over it to make it look more “painted” and and and…

This program will definitely safe me some time in my future work flow – fantastic!

I already did a piece using a Vue landscape as background, just painted over it to make it look more painterly and fit with the rest of the image and it saved me lots of time doing so. Well I had to paint in the trees and such but if I now imagine what I could do using this fabulous eco system :-) – we’ll see…

Oh if you are interested you can see the piece I’m talking about here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1327115

Well for 3d purists it my be crap as there is so much painted, it may be crap as well for 2d purists as there is so much 3d. BUT for those wanting to achieve I nice picture no matter the medium or technique it my be nice ;-).

I’ll definitely do something similar in the next time using V6I.

Bests and thanks

-Uwe

attileus ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 10:26 AM

Beautiful painting Uwe; a very creative use of Vue; keep up the good work!

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 10:30 AM

How about a quickie step-by-step for doing the cave entrance?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

j-art ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 11:47 AM

Thanks all,

Haha, I did a lot of 2tuts, but nobody ever asked ME for a 3d tut – lol!

So here it is. I’m not that good in writing so I post a picture which explains the whole procedure pretty exact.

The whole thing does not take longer than 2 to 5 minutes, so it’s nothing special – thanks to the displacement textures ;-).

The whole cave consists of 9 spheres and one terrain on the top :-).

The tut btw is only explaining the cave itself, the plants were just added with eco painting and a mountain in the back and that was it. Creating the scene took just a few minutes, and that’s what really is amazing about Vue, you can get your ideas to screen in no time, well this can change if I really try to do something really complex like you guys do.

Ok here’s the tut

Bests

-UweCave tutorial

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:00 PM

:woot: WOW ! :thumbupboth:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:06 PM

file_359977.jpg

Here is my latest test; I can’t resist this new SSS feature in V6.  🤤

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:24 PM

That is fantastic Mazak!

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:32 PM · edited Sun, 19 November 2006 at 12:37 PM

Jart that makes perfect sense! Thanks MUCH!

Here it is in PDF format if anyone wants to save it locally.

http://webpages.charter.net/gareee/V6caves.pdf

j-art ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 1:01 PM

Glad you like Gareee, thanks for making the Pdf ;-).

Hell Mazak this looks just gorgeous! Just tried something with SSS myself, works all fine till I want to go to render it, than my Vue says good bye :-(. So currently it seems there is no SSS for me :-(. Do you have any crashes using this feature as well Mazek or does it run proper without any complications, just curious if it is a general bug they need to fix or if it is just my darn computer :-).

Would be nice of you if you could answer it.  Anyway your SSS feature tests are really awesome a really wonderful effect!

Bests

-Uwe

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 1:18 PM · edited Sun, 19 November 2006 at 1:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/resources/?page=updates

I never had crashes with the SSS effect. Displacement textures cause on my system more trouble. :crying: Did you have the latest Update? That solves many problems since release. atm I render a small walk animation I show later the result.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 1:35 PM · edited Sun, 19 November 2006 at 1:36 PM

I'm looking forward to when the  SSS/Trans starts working for the thinner mats as in leaves!  SSS hasn't caused a crash on me yet - but renders very slow - EON has said this is a known issue.

Displacement cause me great troubles as well, I filed a tech ticket.

PUt in terrain - set displacement - render(final mode) - stop render - tweak displacement - re-render at this point Vue does a hard crash with error of proengine.eon or MSVCR80.dll. I have replicated this about 20+ times LOL.

EON is looking at it :)

j-art ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 2:34 PM

Strange, no troubles with displacements so far, no matter how wild I go with them. Using SSS the program shuts down at the moment, without any messages, when I hit the render button.

Seems it more my computer (well I currently run it on my laptop 2,8 P4 one gig RAM) than the program itself :-).

Anyway I’m sure they will fix a lot of known issues till the final version is released.

Thanks for the info about the update, as said I have the program since Friday, not sure if the update already is included, I’ll download it anyway and I will see – thanks.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 3:24 PM

...Great Work!...keep 'em coming...!

j-art ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2006 at 3:24 PM

A thousand thanks again for the update info, I installed it and the content fix, now everything works just fine, I can use SSS :-) – Fantatic! – Thanks!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 1:13 AM

Quote - Here is my latest test; I can’t resist this new SSS feature in V6. 

That SSS looks so much better than Carrara's!  Thanks for sharing.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 4:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.mazak-grafikwelt.de/vue/AlinaWalkCasual.mpg

file_360071.jpg

Here my first Poser animation import in Vue6.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

CobraEye ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2006 at 10:23 PM

you guys are knocking it out of the park. Great work. Thanks for the cave tut.

Daniel1705 ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 8:07 AM

file_360655.jpg

Just  a quick test of the snow material I have created in the last few hours (completely procedural). This is no real scene at all, I just wanted to see what my snow looks like with some lens glare and DOF. I love Vue 6 so much. 😄

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 8:20 AM

Nice 👍

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

attileus ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 11:57 AM

Convincing and cool! :-)

jc ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:06 PM · edited Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:10 PM

Very hot stuff, everyone!

Welcome Uwe!
I'm a little late posting this, but wanted to say that we don't see many people combining 2D and 3D, so i hope you will continue showing more of your work of that type. It's a very valuable contribution to the Vue community.

Yes, there are some 3D purists who won't even do postwork touch-ups. And that's good for comparing 3D products honestly, for tutorials, etc. But for your real artwork, i can't see limiting one's creative power by such purism.

Anyway hope to see a lot more 2D + 3D!

cdirector ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 5:19 PM

Quote - Just  a quick test of the snow material I have created in the last few hours (completely procedural). This is no real scene at all, I just wanted to see what my snow looks like with some lens glare and DOF. I love Vue 6 so much. 😄

Wow! Definately stunning... :blink:

ImagineThat ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 10:04 PM

Nice snow Daniel1705. Would love to have snow like that for a scene I am working on. I tried some texture mapped snow in the past but its not working too well on this current scene. Nice job!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 12:25 AM

well here's mine :)
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1336672&member

lot of bugs I think linked to hugely complicated model, sigh, but loving vue6 bar the bugs :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 11:11 AM

Really dumb question, where do you find your exported pics? Looked in the manual just says they get saved. Haven't messed with Vue much at all so know next to nothing about it but made a fairly nice render for my desktop and now can't find it. 
Thanks,
Marque

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 1:26 PM

hit the disk icon on render window save as.. :)
usually saves to 
my documents...eonsfowtwware vue 6 
or some such

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 2:18 PM

Rats guess I didn't save it. |8^(
Thank you,
Marque

pjlumby ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 5:33 AM

Oh, everyone seems to have stopped posting their images. It is the only thing keeping me going till I get my copy on Wednesday. 

By the by, can anyone in the UK recomend a good but cheap pc manufacturer / supplier (I know, you get what you pay for but I seem to have more nieces and nephews to buy presents for each year), from what people have been saying AMD 2x64 is the way to go.

Cheers,

Pete

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 12:27 PM

That's what I just bought.. you might be able to order from newegg.com and have it delivered to you (best prices I found) look fo rthe dual core 5000+ HP system.

If you buy it, plan on the $50 rebate first.. ;) and then add a 500watt or better power supply (DON'T buy the cheapest you can find.. by one mid priced.) and then drop in a ati x1950 pro 256 meg card (or if your pocketbook allows, a ati x1950 pro 512 meg)

You also get windows vista upgraded for free as well, so you are getting about $150 of additional value on the system, and it's just over $900 shipped.

(Be sure to register asap for the vista upgrade, so you don't forget.)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 8:27 AM · edited Mon, 11 December 2006 at 8:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1343336

file_362089.jpg

Here is a Render in Vue 6 Pro, testing those Metta clouds which are amazing! Full size image is in my gallery: [ http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1343336](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1343336)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:56 AM

That is such a cool image! Well done!!!!! Love esther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.