Tue, Oct 22, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: New Version Released

mhossack ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 3:36 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:27 AM

Just a heads up.

The new version of Studio is out. It's v1.4.16.0
Mark

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 8:25 AM

Got this too but I'm not happy that you have to download a Bryce 6 patch for B6 to work.

Quote -    
Due to changes needed within the DAZ|Studio SDK, you will need to
re-download & re-install any plugins you have loaded within DAZ|Studio.

All downloads for these plugins will be reset tomorrow morning, or you
may reset them within your My Account page yourself to access them
sooner. These installers will automatically update your plugins, you do
NOT need to uninstall your existing plugins first.

You do NOT need to re-download the base content as no changes have been
made to it.

We hope you enjoy this new version and that, as always, you help us to
make this a solid application by submitting reports online to our Bug
Database http://www.daz3d.com/bugs/login_page.php as you find them.

For a more detailed list of the major changes and notes for this
release, please refer to the ReadME.

Of note in this version is support for the MAC Intel systems, and
support for "linkParms", and further support for Poser scaling.

NOTE: This new version of DAZ|Studio is NOT compatible with Bryce 6.0!
In order to run Bryce, you must download the Bryce 6 patch installer
that is available via the "Support>Downloads/Updates" page.

NOTE for MAC Bryce Users: There is not currently a patch available for
the MAC version of Bryce 6, but it will be made available as soon as
possible (hopefully within one week).

Thanks for your continued support, and don't forget to tell at least two
friends, if you haven't already!!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

mhossack ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 9:51 AM

Quote - Got this too but I'm not happy that you have to download a Bryce 6 patch for B6 to work.

Same here. Thought it was a bit odd! 

And of course I couldn't download the patch using IE7 for some strange reason. Ended up using Opera to get it.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 10:03 AM

What is so strange? You have to download a patch to get full use of new features that DAZ Studio now has ... Nothing strange about that really. If you want Bryce to never be updated or improved then it might be strange. Sorry, I just don't see progress as strange. Sometimes inconvienient but not really strange.

mhossack ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 10:08 AM

Didn't mean for that to come across in a negative way. It's been a long day!

Advancement in the software is a good thing and always welcomed.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 10:11 AM

Quote - > Quote - Got this too but I'm not happy that you have to download a Bryce 6 patch for B6 to work.

Same here. Thought it was a bit odd! 

And of course I couldn't download the patch using IE7 for some strange reason. Ended up using Opera to get it.

Same here - had to use Firefox.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 10:15 AM

Quote - What is so strange? You have to download a patch to get full use of new features that DAZ Studio now has ... Nothing strange about that really. If you want Bryce to never be updated or improved then it might be strange. Sorry, I just don't see progress as strange. Sometimes inconvienient but not really strange.

But it's strange that Studio would be released not NATIVELY compatible with Bryce 6.  It's not an issue of Bryce not being updated, it's one of Studio not being released properly.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 2:21 PM

I still don't get it ... Bryce needs a patch to use the new things that DAZ Studio does. What is the problem? I am not meaning to sound argumentative but I have seen these posts all over today and when one software gets better the other one is good to get better as well. If there was no patch there would be no progress.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 2:50 PM

Quote - I still don't get it ... Bryce needs a patch to use the new things that DAZ Studio does. What is the problem? I am not meaning to sound argumentative but I have seen these posts all over today and when one software gets better the other one is good to get better as well. If there was no patch there would be no progress.

You're not being argumentative, Ghost, and I'm probably not explaining myself as well as I should.  Blame it on the pain meds, I just had my left elbow reconstructed so things are a bit jumbled.

All I was trying to say is that I found it strange that Studio wasn't natively compatible with Bryce 6.  That isn't to say progress isn't a good thing.  I've already downloaded and installed both the new Studio and thr Bryce patch.

All that aside, I do want to let you know that I own quite a few of your items.  Before M3 came out I used your V3 male morph stuff quite extensively so you're still one of my favorite vendors. 

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2006 at 3:07 PM

No problem. I know what pain meds can do. Good luck on the rehab. Thanks, glad you like the old V3 stuff. I thought they were pretty cool and did a decent job of making her look like a him and different.

CrimsonDesire ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 3:51 PM

Just tried out the new version and did a test render... I likes it!  And now the new V4... and V3 is no longer a free model... an' an' oh what to do what to do? So many changes and I'd just finished building a fair V3 liberary of clothing, props and stuffs (not that those are obsolete mind you, the V4 can be used with a V3 body from what it says just like V3 had a V3 to V2.) It's very exciting but also a huge investment (if you're getting the bundle which seems ultamitly the best deal).  I know there's people who already have her and have started rendering, I'm off to check out the galleries now! So very exciting! ^^

Star4mation ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 7:43 PM

Just checked out the new version of D/S and it looks exactly the same as the last version as far as I can see. Saving and loading seem a little faster and 3 Delight rendering is a bit faster too.
Looks like all the upgrading this time was to accomodate the new V4, which I.m seriously thinking of buying. Yes folks, you read right, BUYING!!! (I've never bought anything, anywhere, ever for my 3D addiction, but am mighty tempted now!!!!!)
I've seen several references to the FREE version of V4, but cant find any reference on the DAZ site. Is it a Platinum Club thing? Anyone know?

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 9:59 PM

The V4 base is free for PC members this weekend.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

CrimsonDesire ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:21 PM

Doh! Just like them to give it out free on a club I can't join.  Oh well.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:40 PM

Not to worry, it's just the base figure and doesn't have any of the morphs or textures other than the default without genitals..  She's free to the PC members so they can take her out for a test drive, I guess, but I bought the Pro bundle.  I have a friend who is one of the DAZ PA's who was beta testing her (no, I didn't see anything early - NDA, you know) but we were told she's nice to work with.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

CrimsonDesire ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:07 PM

Yes all the reviews have been postive, AS who has terrific products was quoted I think in the review as saying they'd be designing all their new products with V4 compatability.   And I'd agree the Pro bundle is the way to go in my opinion.  More expensive (especially if your NPCM) but it's a question of future compatibility more then anything that's driving me towards this rather then the actuall improvements although they are a nice.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:19 PM

Attached Link: Victoria 4 in Vue 6

file_361801.jpg

Take a look at this one - I set her up in P6 and took her into Vue 6 for the render.  She came in easily and rendered well.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

CrimsonDesire ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:39 PM

She looks beautifull as does the scene and the sunlight effect is gorgous, really wonderfull job and a excellent example of V4 use ^^

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:39 AM

Well i'm not happy with the new version of D|S.

First off i find out you need the patch for bryce 6 for it to work with D|S, then i find out you need D|S open so you can switch from bryce 6 to it. The one thing that really annoyed me is when i found out that when i click on a saved scene file on my desktop D|S opens but does not load the scene file, now i have to go to file>open then select the scene file i want to work on.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.