Thu, Sep 19, 10:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 6 Pre Order a Jip IMHO

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:41 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:42 PM

This is the biggest jip I have seen in years!  No bargain here!

I would like to get Vue 6 Pro Studio, but not pre-order a beta.  I purchased all of the modules for Vue 5 and my upgrade price is hardly worth it--$169.  I paid $282 for all of the modules.  People who ordered one or two modules for Vue 5 Esprit are getting Vue 5 Pro Studio prices.  What's up with that?

Pre-ordering to me is ordering the final product on CD as was the option with Poser 5-7.  E-on is forcing us to pre-order, pay and download a very large file and when it is final, re-download the update and burn to our own CD's.  The manual is on PDF.  No manual this time around folks.

They say that the box and manual will be available for a discounted price of $50.  Discounted price?  I remember Carrara 3 gave you a beta on CD while you waited for the final version--also on CD.  Downloading should be an option--not a requirement.  After all, they aren't supplying the disc are they or the time to download.

The pre-order "special" expires January 2, 2007.  Big deal!  What is so special about it?  I think if people are going to buy the damn thing and beta test for them (the forums over there are full of problems already), they could at least give buyers the program on CDs with a manual, or at least just the CDs so they don't have to keep downloading the program.

Don't get me wrong, I love Vue, but Vue 5 was a big disappointment for me because it crashed constantly when importing Poser content even if they were small Poser files.  I stopped using it altogether.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 8:41 PM · edited Tue, 12 December 2006 at 8:48 PM

12 views and no response.  Typical.

Same message sent to E-on.  Forget posting here.  Waiting for next version available on CD, or a version of Bryce that works with Poser.

I think I'm more P.O.'ed because the fools over there can't answer a simple question without burying the question with other questions.  E-on has my question.  If they bother to answer it, I might have a better opinion of what I see of pre-ordering a beta that I have to download as well as the "final" version.

CHEAP!  CHEAP!  CHEAP!

forester ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 9:09 PM

12 views and no response might indicate that 12 people (make that 13) don't necessarily agree with you. Or it could mean that we all agree, and no one feels that there is anything to add to your complaint. It didn't seem to me that you were asking a question of anyone here. My own opinion is that there are so many substantial additions to the Vue program in Version 6, that I was very happy to download the pre-release version and start working with it. It strikes me as an amazing program. Mind-boggling, really. And for that, you do pay some real dollars (or whatever). But it seems to me to return real value for the money. I have not experienced a single problem with my pre-release. Some have, of course, but surely I'm not the only one who has had a virtually troublefree experience with the pre-release.

jartz ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 9:14 PM

I guess I'm the only one posting here and are quite concerned about the same thing that you're going through.

However, I bought Vue 5 Easel as a Xmas gift for me, and was contemplating on getting Vue 6 Esprit (an upgrade), and they are still going tor the Pre-Release thing, like 'they're' making you Download the program without the option to, like, get the boxed version.

There should be 2: the Download and the Physical Boxed versions.  I for one can hardly download 1.X GBs of files -- since I'm on Dial-up and rarely would use GetRight.

This will be very confusing to me if I plan to make an order in January, for yet I still need to send them a faxed proof of purchase I made from e-Frontier and Digital River.  But you made some good points and what's up with paying more for a PDF-ed manual -- That doesn't make any sense; Things should be made together (The software application, the Contents, and the Manual), and with all that, I am going to be leery about that.

I been so awe inspired by all the things that Vue can do in terms of creating realistic clouds and HDRI, and all the photo-realistic stuff, but I will hold out until they send a physical boxed version or if they're still running their pre-release -- I hope they can burned the CD or DVD for me (I never seen a burned CD that has 1.5 GB)

But, I do support your concern.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 10:38 PM · edited Tue, 12 December 2006 at 10:39 PM

E-on is not forthcoming on what the price will be after the "pre-order" period ( January 2nd).   Most people dont' agree with me because I'm very outspoken, but to view and not say anything just shows ignorance or agreement with the vendor in my opinion (or they got the GD thing for free) and don't want to post a comment.  I am pissed because E-on has really dealt a serious blow to previous users. 

I just uninstalled Vue 5 and threw Vue 4 and 5 in the trash.  I also inquired about them removing my name from their database.  As far as I'm concerned E-on and Vue don't exist.

Good bye!!!

forester ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 10:53 PM

Guys, if you don't want the pre-release, why don't you just wait until the final product is ready? This was announced as a pre-release, imperfect version. Not as a "early-order" offer. My understanding is that they are shooting for mid-January for the "real" version. It is very likely that E-on does not yet have final prices for a number of reasons that are beyond their control. (Printing costs, shipping to Oregon, final French govnt tariffs, and such.) At least that's how its been for me when I've had to prepare boxed software with screen-printed DVD'S and Manuals. The final price undoubtedly will be higher than the pre-release price - but if probably won't be too much higher than the download price, plus all those hundreds of costs associated with the hard copies, tariffs and bulk shipping to the US. When you order the final product, you'll get the boxed version, CD, printed manuals and all. And, you won't have to go through all this hassle and agony!

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:04 PM · edited Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:16 PM

Price goes up, of course.  From what I've seen, too many bugs.   I'll wait for version 7 or 8, or maybe something better.  E-on's getting too CHEAP!  Sorry, already threw out V4 and V5, and uninstalled V5.  No longer interested.

Somebody has to have principles.   The price scale is about as FU as the one for Poser 7 release (free Poser 5 downoad, upgrade to 6 to get 7 free)  which I am also going to cancel.  Bacx to Vue4 for me.  Screw 5 and 6, and E-ons terrible (or too-long) responses.  Vue 6, get one module and you can upgrade to Vue 6 Pro Studio for the same price as someone who paid for all of the modules.  I don't think so!  Screw you!  Not you, I mean screw "you now who."

AND, if I have to be the biggest pri** on earth, even though I refuse to order this product, I will make the biggest fuss that everyone who orders this "garbage" software and pay for it should get it on a disc, and not have to download it umteen times.  That, to me, is the biggest joke.

Me, I refuse to order it.  They could give it to me free and still don't want it.  I say give it to everyone on a GD disc especially if they paid good money for it.  The final product should be given to everyone who "pre-ordered" it.  Why should they have to down such a large file?  Talk about taking advantage.

I said it, and I stand by it even though I'm very outspoken, and if you dn't like it--just pass on!

And I'm going to call these ****'s tomorrow if they're working!

jc ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:14 PM

whbos: Some of your statements are untrue. If you don't understand the info from e-on, the short summary at Cornucopia 3D might help you (or others):
http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3026

"I would like to get Vue 6 Pro Studio, but not pre-order a beta."
"I think if people are going to buy the damn thing and beta test for them..."

The pre-release is not a beta test. Vue 6 has already been beta tested. This is a public pre-release test following a full beta test.

"E-on is forcing us to pre-order,.."
I guess there is an e-on secret agent holding a gun to your head? No one is forcing you to do anything. If you don't want the pre-release, simply wait for the finished product.

You complain that Vue 5 was released buggy and then you complain because e-on is working to make Vue 6 a less buggy product when it's released - doesn't make much sense to me.

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:36 PM · edited Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:46 PM

Young man, you have a lot to learn, not just from software vendors, but from life alone.   But, I speak my mind and a lot of the young punks on this site only want something for free.  What  I posted was meant for a real response--not from some doo-dad with attitude.

Doo-Dah...Doo-Dah... 

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:49 AM

Is this an e-on site now? Why are you adressing this here, where the chance that someone from e-on is picking it up is very small?

Maybe this is the reason why people do not respond to this. You have an issue with e-on, fine. Then discuss it with them.

Oh - and JC and forester are maybe minimum as old as you are. No need to call them punks. They help our community here and in other forums too quite a lot - can you say this from you too?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 1:59 AM

I'm waiting for the final boxed manual version of V6I for $50 more.  $50 is no big deal for me.  There are more interesting threads to read here, by the way.  So don't expect tons of replies after only a few hours.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Cheers ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:45 AM

Ermmm...why do you think I never paid for the pre-release?

1. E-on have always had a knack of releasing "buggy" software on initial release and I need software I can rely on and that can hit the ground running.

2. The pre-release "deal" wasn't really a deal...not when you have to pay $50 extra for a physical box and manual later on.

3. I can wait.

I must say, whbos...nobody twisted your arm to purchase the software and the pricing is clearly marked out, so you really shouldn't have any complaints concerning how much you paid.

Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 3:52 AM

Quote - I just uninstalled Vue 5 and threw Vue 4 and 5 in the trash.  I also inquired about them removing my name from their database.  As far as I'm concerned E-on and Vue don't exist.

Good bye!!!

With the money you are going save by not buying Vue, you could invest in some anger management counseling.  Here are a couple of good sites you might want to visit:

http://www.anger-management.net/index.cfm

http://www.anger-management-techniques.org/

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:10 AM

Quote - Young man, you have a lot to learn, not just from software vendors, but from life alone.   But, I speak my mind and a lot of the young punks on this site only want something for free.  What  I posted was meant for a real response--not from some doo-dad with attitude.

Doo-Dah...Doo-Dah... 

Haha.  Invest in some Midol and learn to cope better.  Overreacting gets you no where but the butt of jokes.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 11:56 AM

Quote - or a version of Bryce that works with Poser.

I think the sun will expire before that happens.

Tirjasdyn

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:27 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:28 PM

I would think if one was to buy all the modules they might as well have bought the infinite version.

I bought the prerelease so I could learn the new tools faster.  The bugs are a given, they don't even bother me. 

In fact I am happy with the prerelease of Vue 6 i.

Anyhow this post was fun to read.

And nice pic of a cat as your AV.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 3:45 PM

12 views and no answer ? You must be new here ? :)

One of these views this morning was mine. I didn't answer because I usually try to leave a chance to other members to participate instead of trying to answer every post as soon as they come up.

On the other hand, I still check every post to make sure I don't have to clean things up if it gets out of hand.

To be honest, this thread is borderline but I am pleased that it is still not getting out of hand :)

psyvampiress ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 3:55 PM

i have the pre-release of vue6 I and I love it. It has so much more then the former one. And pre-release is exactly that! A PRE-RELEASE. Which means there will still be bugs in it. If you don't want it, then don't buy it.

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 6:25 PM

I purchased Vue 6 inf and like the way it works, no problems here. There are other apps that do almost the same thing in some cases better (Worldbuilder 4 pro, World construction Set 6 Carrara 5 pro) If you feel the pricing is unfair check out some of the other guys.

On that note how come there aren't more people using Worldbuilder, I got a free version 3. something off a mag and it is a great program, one of the features I like is its shoreline water it does it in layers and you can also define where the textures are placed by drawing the area where they go.

psyvampiress ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 6:36 PM

I have worls builder also. Forgot what version. I like Vue better because it works better with poser :)

Cheers ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 6:40 PM

Quote - On that note how come there aren't more people using Worldbuilder....

I'll think you find it's dying a slow death...losing its customer base, because of uncertainty of the companies future, little support...and lets face it, the rendering technology is from the ark. Updates are few and far between...something that isn't needed with the cost of Worldbuilder.

Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

Dennis445 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 6:47 PM

I agree with the rendering, but the technology is quite a bit more advanced, I'm not knocking vue because after all I did purchase it and the quality is fantastic. It would be a good idea for E-on to look at purchasing worldbuilder and maybe add its technology into vue.

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:58 AM

Sorry, I was in a pissy mood that night.  I can't seem to get a response to a simple (or maybe complicated) message even when I'm in a good mood.  And then find out e-on changing the rules along the way.

DMM ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 3:40 PM

I'm one of the guys waiting with baited breath for Vue 6 xStream, and I mean REALLY waiting on it, but I have the self-control to wait for an official gold release. I don't want to fork over a lot of cash to get a product I cannot expect to work straight away (as I will when I get the final release) so I'll make V5I do until then.

And if/when I do get V6x it'll be because I think the price is worth it :) if not - I'll simply get on with things. Making a big hoo-haa about throwing away such-and-such a CD is not too impressive IMO and doesn't make me want to explore this situation with such a person, if you're wondering why you're not getting the attention you think you deserve.

Tiny ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 6:07 PM

I'm glad I got the pre-release of Vue 6 it has been a boost for my project. I like it a lot. :biggrin:

Maybe I'm alone on this one but I kind of enjoy being able to find eventual bugs, report them and getting the response it's being fixed in next patch. One is being part of bringing a great program to it's finalization. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.