Thu, Sep 19, 7:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Problem with Background pic

urig ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 11:41 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:44 PM

file_362327.jpg

Hi. Since ive changed my system from win to mac (G5 Quad; Quadro FX 4500 graphic; OSX 10.4.8.) today ive set up the first time a background pic. But it doesnt show up in Hardware OpenGl mode. Just a grid of it... (see pic). In SrDee-mode everythings fine. This strange behaviour exists in Poser 6 & 7... Ive searched the eF-Q&A-base but cant find anything about. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, urig

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:09 PM

Have you tried the image on a plane or checked to see if other objects are having the same problem in Open GL? It may well be a driver issue.

urig ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:23 PM

Youre fast, Teyon. Thanks. Tried it on a plane and it works perfect... So, Ive looked for new drivers... but didnt found one for Mac... How can I update a nvidia-driver for mac?

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nvidia.com

Glad that worked for you. 

Excellent question....I'm not sure (I'm on a PC). I would imagine that NVidia's website would have the answers you seek.

urig ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:44 PM

Nope. Ive searched the nvidia - site for drivers some days ago cause of Vue6I issues... There is nothing. All I can find out is, that apple updates the drivers with regulary system updates... Its hard to find a "pure, naked" graphics driver... I will give google another chance... Thanks.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 12:50 PM

No problem. I guess you could try Apple's site. I can't imagine that they'd try and control the system that much. ouch.

urig ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 1:40 PM

Ive digged in Apples site til Steve Jobs backyard... but nothing about nvidia-drivers.. I can live with the srdee-mode. Doesnt make so much with backgrounds in poser.

Quote - I can't imagine that they'd try and control the system that much.

Possibly the reason why mac osx is such a stable system... who knows?!?

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 4:14 PM

I was running Poser 6 on a G4 and then switched to an intel iMac. The first thing I noticed was the background problem as shown above. There are a few other things that don't work properly but I can't remember what at the moment. I'm just in a holding pattern until the mac Poser 7 gets shipped.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.