Sat, Sep 21, 2:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Release date for P7 SR1..?

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:26 PM

Is the Cloth Room Bug MOTHRA by any chance???

ziggie I like your penguin scene, are you working on a Happy Feet sequel?

Lost in Space Man thanks for that valueable tip about importing the pz3s.  I didn't know I could merge scenes in Poser (I do it all the time in Daz Studio).

I reinstalled Poser 6 on my updated computer last night so that it will be there to use if I have any issues with P7.  I know that Carrara and Vue won't be fully compatible with P7 for a while so I need it anyway.

Has anyone been playing with the universal poses?  People on the DAZ forum were complaining it didn't work well.  Is it the same as the Puppet Master plugin that Phil C was selling on his site and here?

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:28 PM

It works pretty well if you ask me. What all are they expecting it to do exactly? I mean, consider the fact that the Daz characters and the G2 gang share similar rigs, I can't imagine why it wouldn't work with their products....

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:35 PM

Quote - ziggie I like your penguin scene, are you working on a Happy Feet sequel?

Dang... you guessed. Actually, its the prequel.... gonna call it... 'Smelly Feet'

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:37 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:39 PM

file_362358.jpg

Ok Here's an update on the clothroom issue. Most likely not a bug in Poser 7 but rather an issue with a VF created shirt. I opened the PZ3 and ran the simulation in Poser 6 and it worked.... up to frame 22 of the simulation and then it crapped out. but at least the shirt stayed on Sydney through the whole process. So there's an issue with the shirt I made. I'll see if I have any other dynamic shirts for Miki that weren't made in VF. Though it still doesn't explain why Sydney turned into Gumby.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:38 PM

file_362359.jpg

Here's proof it works...Victoria 1 The Freak and Sydney all using a Unviersal Business Pose

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:39 PM

Thanks LostinSpaceman, I was having a hard time repeating it. I'm a little bummed out though, I was kind of interested in seeing a gooey figure. :)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:41 PM

LOL Well I don't see why the shirt made Sydney go Gumby but I can try recreating that in Poser 7 and doing a screen dump if you like. Who knows which body part will rubberise next though. 

First it was her neck, then her right arm. How the dynamic shirt casued that is beyond me, but I heard there may be issues with hitting the cancel button on simulations which might explain the gumbyisation of figures in the clothroom.

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:47 PM

Am using Firefly... Automatic... set to max... extreme right past final... ouch - doh, I should have thought about it. I'm so used to adjsuting and readjusting to force Porser to do what I want - I did not think about using the best settings LOL

As for SR (although I do not think about it as a bug). I browsed through the tutorial and searched here and there. But I found nothing about how to use the "Universal pose" option with poses I already have. In other words: I would so much like V4 and Sydney support for Puppet Master as it seems to me that Universal pose is something different...

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:53 PM

I was under the impression that to create a Universal Pose from pre-existing poses, all ya had to do was load the pose, apply it to any figure it worked with and then save it . I'll have to re-read my docs on that one though.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:21 PM

Quote - Here's proof it works...Victoria 1 The Freak and Sydney all using a Unviersal Business Pose

The feet seem a tad wonky ....

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:25 PM

Yup, that's true. As I said, I had IK on when I applied it and then turned it off while she was selected. I also had limits turned on.

zollster ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 8:30 PM

i've had poser7 crash twice today...both times when starting a render....it renders fine a few times...then i hit the render button again...and it freezes...task manager says its doin nothin

carodan ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:22 PM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:25 PM

I'm getting consistent render freezes(Firefly). Sometimes it'll freeze while loading textures (scenes that render fine in P6) and sometimes will get part way through a render and just hang (not on a complex part of the scene or where there might be complex materials).
Thought it might be to do with the texture filtering on 2d image nodes (how annoying is that default setting! - why not have an override in the render dialogue?) but still got the same problems. The scene in question only has one figure and two lights, and it does render fine in P6. 
I tried an HDRI map and it wouldn't load that either.
I also get serious pauses at all sorts of odd times - anything from changing a camera view to adjusting a material setting.
I'm starting to think it might be a hardware issue in my case, although the default scene with Simon and lights renders ok.

Computer - AMD Athlon XP 2200+, 1.79 GHz, 1.00 GB DDR RAM, XP Home SR2, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440(128mb)

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

nwmione ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:39 PM

Mine was a bit bizarre.
I set up my Poser 6 Runtime easily and all was working fine until - I use mainly P4 figures and all of them always worked well with simply Basic Hands in using Poser 6, but as soon as I tried one here, the figure vanished - A box said something about wrong vertices or some such but it definitely worked in 6. The figure still was listed as being active but there were no parameter dials for any part and the whole figure was invisible. I do like the compression for file sizes, but since the rest of the P7 features are not of that much interest right now, I don't see the point of bumping into another obstacle. I also had some minor things with the initial version of P6 but they were attended to in time so I'll wait.

carodan ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 9:59 PM

A quick update to my render issues. I set the max bucket size to 32 in the render dialogue and enabled the number of threads to 4 (with seperate passes ticked) in the general preferences. That's the only way I've got a render out, but it does now fly!

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - Wow, Ziggie, what a crisp render and fine shadows. May I ask for your render-settings as I'm still trying out different settings?!

Am using Firefly... Automatic... set to max... extreme right past final...

Wow love the snow!!!   Those renders are really nice.  They almost have "that Cinema4D" quality to 'em.   Plus they're really cute :D

I'm having random crashes/vanishing P7's.  Can't seem to duplicate it.   But it never freezes up, it just vanishes.   Hmmm....   Gonna tinker.

PsychoNaut ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:27 PM

Quote -
If you want faster renders, go to Edit > General Preferences, click on the Render tab, set the "threads" slider to 4, and click the checkbox underneath. This will allow the FireFly renderer to use multiple processors (if you have them) and separate memory threads.

AHA!   I set the slider to 4, but I didn't click the "separate process" checkbox...  Makes sense.  Gonna try it.  Thank you!

carodan ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 10:49 PM

I get some weird results in the render window until it fully finishes rendering, but then it comes good at the end.

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 5:00 AM

Well, after taking all of Teyon's advice, and sitting for a few days, P7 is now able to load that scene with full mobility of everything. Just had to tweak both my system and P7.

I'm breathing easier now, with the knowledge that I'll be able to process a large file.

Thanks for the advice.

-- Jeff

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:12 AM · edited Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:15 AM
Online Now!

Quote - A quick update to my render issues. I set the max bucket size to 32 in the render dialogue and enabled the number of threads to 4 (with seperate passes ticked) in the general preferences. That's the only way I've got a render out, but it does now fly!

Interesting, Carodan...

I am having similar rendering problems....

Where can I access the adjustment for threads & passes, please?

Ah just found them...

Ta!

Klutz :0/

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:24 AM
Online Now!

Wow that works a lot quicker...

A simple manual setting firefly render that was taking just over 3 minutes now take 1min 45sec.

Pretty much halved the render time...

Thanks for the info....

Gonna try it again on auto now and see if it still freezes :0/

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:30 AM
Online Now!

3mins 30 secs...but at least it didn't freeze on me...

Kept on getting a Firewall notice about something called FFRender trying to access internet connection whilst it was rendering?

What is all that about then?

Life is a beta.

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:34 AM

Got that as well... I don't think it is accessing the internet... just looking for your internal network... if you look it should have something like a 0.0.0.0 address rather than an outside IP address...

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:41 AM
Online Now!

Hmm a bit odd, isn't it.

I have clicked 'ask me later' until I am happy I know what is going on with it.

Do you reckon it is OK to grant it access?

Seems to be coping fairly well as is...Just annoying it keeps popping up..

Life is a beta.

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:44 AM

Personally.... I allowed it.. cos I was happy it wasn't trying for an outside address..

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:49 AM
Online Now!

Thanks for that info, Ziggie..

OK I'll try that and see if it has any effect on render times.

Klutz :0)

Life is a beta.

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 8:54 AM
Online Now!

Still 3mins 30secs on auto.....

Hasn't effected the render time one way or another....

Odd. 

Life is a beta.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:12 AM

i am getting the intermittant
"select an object, hit delete key to delete, nothing happens" bug
comes and goes.

when it is active, i slect the object, go to the menu and hit cut, but then you have to hit the delete key again.

Windows version

::: og :::

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:14 AM
Online Now!

Odd...Haven't come across that.

Life is a beta.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:14 AM

Kept on getting a Firewall notice about something called FFRender trying to access internet connection whilst it was rendering?
What is all that about then?

This was explicitly mentioned in the read me! The solution is there also!

:: og ::

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:17 AM

hrm...my render crashing went away once i pushed the bucket down to 16.

Tirjasdyn

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:34 AM

Quote - This was explicitly mentioned in the read me! The solution is there also!

uhm.. whats a read me...? 😕

I do know really... but how many people actually read them in their rush to try out something new...

Klutz ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 9:43 AM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - This was explicitly mentioned in the read me! The solution is there also!

uhm.. whats a read me...? 😕

I do know really... but how many people actually read them in their rush to try out something new...

Exactly! :blink:

Klutz :biggrin:

Life is a beta.

Stan57 ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 10:00 AM

I have a few bugs,when i try to ad lights to a large sign the program becomes unresponsive

Bug 2 The preview render will sometimes render just the background color

Bug 3 when useing the preview render my system becomes unresponsive or takes a very long time render a small section 5 minutes or better

Bug 4 trying to pose the V4 to V3 model is very hard and mostly unresponsive

Theses bugs are using one model set Apartment 39 plus V4 to V3 model

System  

Windows Xp Pro Sp2 all updates
Nvida 7800GS Video Card  93.71 Drivers
2 LCD Monitors
3.40 P4 W/Hyperthreading
2 Gigs of Ram

Jack Of All Trades Master Of None

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 2:44 PM

Some of these problems  with the render and preview windows sound like video card driver issues - is everyone updating their drivers?

Could be OpenGL support issues on your vid card also...

Don't forget to defrag your HDD every week or so too.

Bucket Size:
Yeah, I set that to 32 imediately, even before I'd done a big render - 64 seemed a tad high...

Cheers

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 4:34 PM

Quote - I have a few bugs,when i try to ad lights to a large sign the program becomes unresponsive

Bug 2 The preview render will sometimes render just the background color

I get this too after playing for a few hours...but when I restart poser it's fine again. 

Tirjasdyn

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 7:34 PM

re: the bucket. I just rendered a 300-frame animation (I'll post it in a new thread later). And I did an experiment. 

First, the frames were getting the 'out-of-memory' message in P6 with the bucket set at 64.  So, I put the bucket down to 32 and it worked. Render time was about 219 seconds per frame.

When I switched yesterday to my new P7 on the same computer, I started at 64 and did not get the error. So I kicked the bucket up. to 128, then 256, then 512. I got NO MEMORY ERRORS on the identical .pz3. Render time went down to 143 seconds at 256, but did not increase at 512 so I did not try to go higher.

I do NOT have a dual core or processor, etc.

AMD 3500+ 
4 GIG RAM
Twin raptor 10,000 rpm HD in raid 0
XP Pro sr2+patches

::::: Opera :::::

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 10:00 PM · edited Fri, 29 December 2006 at 10:08 PM

I have Poser 7 and V4.  I have created a scene with her, a chair and History Hair.  It renders great, edits fine and everything.  I saved it without a problem.  Now when I try to load it back in, Poser 7 crashes and pops back to the desktop.  I have one source file that uses V4 with the Genesis character and a couple of lights.  I can load that one.  But I also have the JoJo character from PoserPros and I've not been able to load files containing her.  Only Poser 7 installed.  Clean system build and clean P7 install.

I did come across a thread stating that one should uncheck "Use external binary morph targets" in the Misc tab of General Preferences.  Of course I didn't see this until AFTER I saved my files.  Don't know if that would have mattered or not.

Any ideas?

Nebula

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 10:20 PM

That is your problem. They have never really worked very well and P7 just really messed it up. I am installing the copy now and have to make sure I remember to turn it off immediately.

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 10:24 PM

Is there any way to save my original file?  Jeez I hope so!  I did a test and unchecked that option and was able to reload the test file.  I wonder if I can convert the other file?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 11:00 PM

My P7 was working fine, no bugs, no problems on renders and no crashes. But today I get problems. Now it won't open at all! Just get a message of an error and an error report too big to post here...sigh. And just when I was really enjoying using it too. :( Guess I'll have to re-install it. My comp info...don't know if this anything to do with it. eMachine: AMD sempron Processor 3300+ 2.01Ghz, 512MB Ram WinXp Home Edition Ver.2 service Pak2

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Peelo ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 12:35 AM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 12:37 AM

Im not sure but... I think my image stopped rendering when the windows screensaver kicked in. The render didn't progress at all while the screensaver was on and once I exited it, the render seemed to progress at normal speed. (The render didnt progress at all for an hour or so while the screensaver was on. Nor did it speed up once the screensaver was terminated..?) Like P7 just froze the moment windows screensaver kicked in. Other than that P7 has been running quite well. Odd thing about that screensaver.. Has anyone else experienced anything similliar?

And I don't understand the new texture filtering thingy. Everything is filtered by default. Is that good or bad? I like what it does to the transmapped hair textures but what of the regular textures? I'm confused.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 2:53 AM

I don't use my P7. Every scene I try crashes in one or another moment. Sometimes composing it, sometimes rendering, sometimes when sometimes.I'm still using P6, with all the P7 content as an external runtime, and waiting for SR1...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 4:46 AM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 4:47 AM

There's another thread here with 40 documented bugs so far. None of them serious enough to make me regret purchase, but a number of them obviously had to have been known about when the product went quartz. Expecting bug-free products is unrealistic, I think, but it's not too much to expect that known bugs, especially those that make elements of the product unusable (I'm not going near the Hair Room till SR1), to be addressed before our checks are cashed.

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 5:02 AM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 5:03 AM

I would hope a big apologize from eFrontier and a bonus or anything... I'm a customer, not a betatester

(sorry. I'M A BETATESTER AT RENDEROTICA. If they gave me Poser7 to test it, my final inform would be FAIL - NOT READY TO MARKET UNTIL FIXING ALL BUGS)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:06 AM

Ziggie,
Despite your 'oops' moment, I think you're right overall about the poor state of P7.  I have to admit that when I was installing it and found that even the 'install progress' bar didn't work, I started to get a bad feeling. (I mean, if they didn't take the trouble to fix something so glaringly obvious, what did it say about attention to detail?)

I've been using the program for a few days now, and the feeling has only got worse.

Sometimes it's impossible to delete an item from a scene. Bad.
So far, I've had 3 or 4 total crashes. Bad - P6 never ever crashed on me.

I'm sure there are other problems, but these are the ones I keep hitting.  I guess it's back to P6 until the service release comes out, and this is definitely the last time I buy Poser as soon as it's released.

melamkish ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:10 AM

I've seen similar problems, although I haven't tried every new feature.  Mysterious crashes where P7 just vanishes.

I was in the setup room deleting bones to setup a a clothing set and ... gone.

Opened V4, applied a high res mat and one of the eye surfaces is opaque.  Can't see one of the eyes. Renders fine, but rather annoying to look at while working.  Doesn't happen in P6.  And I have repeated it several times with the same results.

On the other hand, the new mesh morphing tool seemed to work ok. It's handy to directly modify the mesh from within Poser.

Stan57 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 9:03 AM

Quote - I would hope a big apologize from eFrontier and a bonus or anything... I'm a customer, not a betatester

(sorry. I'M A BETATESTER AT RENDEROTICA. If they gave me Poser7 to test it, my final inform would be FAIL - NOT READY TO MARKET UNTIL FIXING ALL BUGS)

I am a beta tester for AOL, been for many years,beta tester for PSP,beta tester for Symantics and a few other products. And what i am going to say stands true for every single company. They are fully aware of 99% of the bugs when the programs are released, They are fully aware of requested functionality. NO software is released without bugs and very few with unknown bugs.

I must say that beta testers are very through and take pride in doing there jobs and alot of times get very upset with the software makers for releasing buggy software. What can be done about this? not a darn thing except for not buying any product just released and it must be done by 90% of the people that buy the products. Money talks everything else walks. The only other thing can be done is legistration, but that will never happen in my lifetime.

They release it because they need the money and nothing more.

Jack Of All Trades Master Of None

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 10:29 AM

I lost an animation into which I had put 15 hours of effort. That's because you don't get the error until you go out and come back in. I had been doing incremental "save as". When I finally quit and came back, my 'main' plus nearly all the incrementals, were corrupted. I could not rescue the file.

YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF 'use external binary morph targets' when working with V4 in Poser. Daz should warn everyone who buys V4 of this.

I tried throwing away the .pmd of the corrupted files, but while you can then open the file, ya got nothin' inside. I gave up trying to save the day.

::::: Opera :::::

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.