Tue, Oct 22, 1:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Need guidance on Gallery Content Advisory

AnAardvark ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 10:38 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:52 PM

Hi,
I need some guidance on Content Advisory
Violence -- how much violence merits a violence advisory. I put an advisory on an image of mine with one character shooting another (even though there was no blood), but what about two characters about to fight? One character threatening another? Two characters crossing swords?

Nudity -- Do anime catgirls (without nipples) count as being nude? What if they are half-dressed, does that somehow make them nuder? For that matter, I assume that a photo-realistic poser figure who isn't wearing clothes but is rendered from behind (perhaps even an upper body shot) is considered nude, but what about one which is rendered as a unclothed doll (non-realistic skin, absence of sexual characteristics) as part of a scene?

If we accidentally don't put the correct advisory on, will the 'Rosity staff alert us/do it for us, or will they just delete the offending work.

thanks

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 10:57 AM

Just use the common sense you were born with.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Kristta ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 11:06 AM

I've heard of instances where the work is deleted and I've also heard of them putting the flags on for you.

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:30 PM

Images only get removed if they actually violate the TOS.

If there are nipples on females or lower-body genital areas showing (whether there are genitals present or not) on humanoid characters, the nudity flag needs to be on.

If there is blood from a hit, kick, stab, slash, or other wound that is, or implied as, inflicted on a character by another party, the violence flag needs to be set.

Some people, knowing that others may be sensitive to certain situations, such as abuse, innner pain, etc, flag the violence flag if there is no violence in the image, but it showcases the aftermath or inner turmoil stemming from violence.  It's not a requirement, but something done out of politeness for others.

The reasons that we have the flag is NOT to hinder creativity, but so that those who are either underaged members of the community, choose not to view nudity and/or violence, or just want to skip by nudes that day are aware that the images either contain nudity or violence, or don't even show up for them. 

If you wonder whether an image you are wanting to post would need a tag, or would violate the TOS of Renderosity, please alert a staff member (our names are linked to at the top of both the forum and gallery), and we can give you an idea of what the image would merit before you upload it, so you'd know.

Thanks!

Jeni

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:32 PM

Quote - Just use the common sense you were born with.

I'm trying to, but without any definition of what the content flags mean it is hard to apply. I'm writing the admins for clarification.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:49 PM

I have one image in my gallery that has a violence warning.  It's a fantasy image of a dragon and a mage "attacking" a warrior. The dragon fire is blocked by the warriors shield and the mage's spell has not reached the warrior. I put a violence warning because there is "combat" going on.

I pretty much compare what TV rates as "Violence" when looking at the gallery here. If it involves people involved in something like shooting, fights, stabbing, martial arts etc, whether there is blood involved or not, then I consider that to be "violence".

Nudity involves showing of full or partial exposed chest and/or buttocks and/or genitals of a female, and exposed buttocks and/or genitals on a male.  I would also put a nudity warning if there was nudity with parts strategically hidden, because many people view the site from their work and it doesn't go over very well to have someone walk by your office and see you looking at pictures of NVIATWAS even if all her naughty bits are hidden by her hand or sword, hehe

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 2:56 PM

If you have ANY question about it--FLAG IT!!  No warnings in almost everycase and after three violations ( I think, maybe 5?) You are permanently banned.  ANY questions about the TOS, submit it to a moderator!

If you don't play safe--they WILL make you sorry!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:10 PM · edited Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:11 PM

using keyword "nudity" in the title may also increase number of views. flagging for nudity may increase views - not certain if they've got any statistics on that. having a nude anime figure will probably cause some to complain that the figure is "too young", e.g. a nude girl with no breasts.

ialora ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 4:03 PM

Not flagging an image for nudity or violence is not a TOS.  However, repeated failures to do so will most likely get you an official warning ,especially if the nudity or violence is obvious.  Needlessly tagging an image to increase your viewing count is not appreciated.  It degrades the usefullness of the whole advisory system.  As JenX mentioned, if you have a question about your image, please feel free to ask one of us to review it.  We semi-regularly get requests to review an image for possible TOS violations.  Asking us for advice on content advisories should be no different.  We're all here to help. :)

Irene-

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.