Sat, Sep 21, 9:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Exposition

mountmous ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 11:54 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

file_362101.jpg

To my own asstonishment I am invited to participate in an exposition. SInce I don't expect that people will travel halfway around the world to visit it the next info will be in Dutch.

Persbericht: 

"Kunst en Kerst in de Koperen Hoogte

In de feestelijke dagen rondom Kerstmis en Nieuwjaar wordt er weer een grote kunstexpositie gehouden in het souterrain van de Koperen Hoogte.

Twintig kunstenaars, zullen een grote verscheidenheid aan beeldende kunst laten zien in de prachtige expositieruimte van de Koperen Hoogte.

De deelnemende kunstenaars komen uit de regio maar ook uit andere delen van het land.
Zij tonen: Glaskunst, keramiek en schilderijen, afgewisseld met ruimtelijk werk, aquarellen en grafische kunst.
In vitrines wordt kleiner werk getoond, ook vanwege de gunstige prijsstelling, als kerstkadootje zeer geschikt.

Alle kunst komt in de mooie tentoonstellingsruimte prachtig tot zijn recht en is een bezoek meer dan waard.

De officiële opening door Aranka Meijerink, conservator van het Stedelijk Museum Zwolle, vindt plaats op zaterdag 16 december om 14.00 uur.

De expositie is geopend op 16, 17, 22 t/m 31 december 2006
en 1, 5, 6 en 7 januari 2007 van 13.00 tot 18.00 uur.
De toegang is gratis.

De Koperen Hoogte
Lichtmisweg 52  Zwolle
www.dekoperenhoogte.nl

En daar zit ik dus ook bij. Mijn fractals hangen tussen "echte" kunstwerken (lees: schilderwerken). Jullie zijn van harte uitgenodigd om te komen kijken. Tijdens de opening ben ik er zelf natuurlijk ook en verder ben ik donderdag 28 december en maandag 1 januari in ieder geval ook aanwezig. Ik zou het leuk vinden om wat "fellow-fractalists" te ontmoeten.

Groetjes,
Yvonne

ligt ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 4:11 PM

perhaps a small translation would be in its place, but i am very proud of you.
sis.

mountmous ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 12:23 AM

A bit of translation? OK then.
"In the festive days around Christmas and New Year a large art exposition will be held in Zwolle. Twenty artists will show a great variety in art: glass, ceramics, paintings, aquarels and grafic art. The official opening will be made by the conservator of the City Museum in Zwolle and will take place saturday december 16."

Which means effectively that my fractals are hanging between "real" art (read: paintings).

^_^

Yvonne

surfacedesigner ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 9:29 AM

WOW!!!  That is really wonderful.  Congratulations.  You have made a major step in getting our art recognized,

Linda from Sunny St Petersburg
Domestic Goddess - Contessa of Da Messa

kansas ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:41 AM

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you.
Marion

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 11:55 AM

Wow, Yvonne!
I'm so happy for you!!!

Congrats!
Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:06 AM · edited Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:06 AM

Terrific news!  Take lots of photos and show them off here!

Congratulations :)

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

aramina ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 4:47 AM

Many congratulations, good to hear fractal art is being shown to a wider public.  Hope you have a good show.

peace and bright blessings

mountmous ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 2:03 AM

Thank you all for the encouraging words. 
The opening was yesterday and my work was definitely noticed! The visitors found it different ("never seen anything like it"), colourful, but most of all: beautiful and even intriguing. I noticed that several people came back to look at the work again. One woman, who was first accompanied by her husband, came back later with a girlfriend: "Look this one is so beautiful!".  Felt very accomplished ^_^

Yvonne

missie_mandelbrot ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:37 PM

Congrats Yvonne and well done. I'm a bit late in sending this but it's a positive step forward for fractal art and I'm so glad you took the opportunity. Would be nice to see you with your artwork on display. Although I'm not too far across the sea, I can't make it but would love to see some photos.

Heather

mountmous ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 12:51 PM

Thanks, Heather. You'll have to wait for some photos since I don't have a digital camera (yet). Have to arrange someone who has; might take a while. When I do get pictures I'll show a few here.

Yvonne

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 2:08 PM

Hi Yvonne,

If you have a film camera and take pictures, you may be able to have your film developer put the images on a disk for you.  Here in the states, most film developers now have the ability to do that, even in the 1 hr time frame.

Pictures would be great!

~Vivian

ligt ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 3:26 PM

pitty you did not ask gemma, who, i understood, helped you hanging them, she has one.

mountmous ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 11:11 AM

I'm gathering some images of the opening. Got a few nice ones of other people's work, but not yet found one with my work. lol. So a bit more patience please... ^_^ 

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:42 AM

file_363216.jpg

Piccies!! The pictures of the different corners of the artists (including my corner) are taken before the opening. In the last shot you can see how busy it was. And if you look carefully at the photograph of the couple discussing art you see on the table my "photo album", right down at the picture. Now I can only attach one photo per message, so this will take a couple of messages...

^_^
Yvonne

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:42 AM

file_363217.jpg

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:42 AM · edited Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:43 AM

file_363218.jpg

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:43 AM

file_363219.jpg

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:44 AM

file_363220.jpg

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 9:45 AM

file_363221.jpg

file_363222.jpg

file_363223.jpg

ligt ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 12:42 PM

awesome, yvonne!

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 11:43 PM

Great pics!  What a lovely, elegant place to have an exhibition. :)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 11:56 AM

Wow, thank you for showing us!

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.