Mon, Sep 9, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 11:17 AM

file_363350.jpg

And one more....

Now i´m off to work....sigh.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 11:31 AM

Oh, cool! BOTH are VERY gallery worthy Andreas. I love you framed the shot with Eija on the top, and the cool colors of the second. I got an email from SpaceWeather.com warning that the Sun is in the middle of a huge hissy fit right now, and that we could expect more aurora and at lower lattitudes that normal. I'm glad to see you were able to catch some! Have fun at work.....

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 2:44 PM · edited Fri, 22 December 2006 at 2:45 PM

Cute cam,Kortalouche.I bet she'll love it.

Andreas, you lucky devil,you. I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights.Sigh....Thanks for sharing these.I love the one with Eija and the colors in the second are so beautiful! Wow!

And a very Merry Christmas to you,too!

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 3:00 PM

Thank you Kort and mrs Santa. 😄 It was quite a spectacular sight. I´ve only seen green ones before, not a multicolored one like this. 

Work sucks btw...sigh. :sad:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 3:04 PM

Aw...poor swedie... :^(

Mrs. Santa, hmmm? :glare:

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:01 PM

At least you have time to practice your drop shots. :) Luvly new winking Mrs. Santa Marlene. Naughty or Nice? ;^P Merry Christmas one and all! I'm outta here...

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 4:26 PM

Thank you. 😉

And a very merry merry to you,too, Kortalouche! Hope you and your family have a lovely one and all your xmas wishes come true! :m_peace:

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 4:25 AM

file_363486.jpg

Was not sure about this in a gallery, but liked the drama of it all.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 1:03 PM

file_363526.jpg

My other daughter, Paige, has been trying to get a portfolio together. ( There's been some opportunities for  her recently, but she needs a portfolio )...I volunteered ,but she thinks I won't be able to...lol...that my being her 'Mom'  somehow will get in the way...sigh.

Anyway,I took a few photos of her the other night. This is a cropped version of one of them...

Marlene <")

My Blog

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 2:57 PM

Well she sure is beautiful enough for success. I wish her all the best of luck. 😄 That is a really beautiful photo btw. Worthy in any gallery. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 3:22 PM

Thanks Andreas. Maybe now she'll give me a chance,lol.

Merry Christmas!

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 2:33 AM

file_363566.jpg

Very  pro looking shot Marlene, yes very beautiful. You sure  are getting serious now.  I was driving by this store one eve after work and stuck at the stoplight, so to goof around I  took this. I think  it is the bus stop sign that might give it  something.

OH Andreas....this Tuesday....go Canada...

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 7:14 AM

What happens this tuesday? :blink:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 9:57 AM

Thanks, Doug. I like yours,too. The color tones in the window are beautiful...That's certainly not an easy shot to compose on the fly , ( I've tried something similar, also from the car ). It 'd be cool if she were outside the window and at the bus-stop, wouldn't it? A little shattered glass on the pavement...

Ooops.Sorry. I seem to have that kind of stuff 'on the brain' these days. LOL.

So what happens Tuesday? It must be something with hockey...

Marlene <")

My Blog

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 7:03 PM · edited Mon, 25 December 2006 at 7:05 PM

file_363636.jpg

This one is silly...just attempting a good cutout and paste.  Clouds and mist over the top would help cut the edges..

This is Stone Lake, a secret place where very, very wee faeries come to have fun. Some will camp in the grotto above the lake.  If fortunate enough to see this place, look for the campfires of the faeries.  With no faerie to show you, you will not find Stone Lake..it is very small indeed and changes on a whim to simple stone.

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 2:36 AM

Yes it is the Junior Hockey cup and Canada plays Sweden.
Ohhh yeah..that'd be so cool Marlene. Broken glass  and her outside.
 I mean it...what an idea! Now who could I get to   become a bit of vandal LOL.

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 6:40 AM

Ah....Junior cup...how could i forget. Goooooooooooooooooooooo Sweeeeeeeedeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!! Whoooot whoooot!!!!! :woot:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 4:16 PM

Very Tom...I like it alot...and tell Paige she's got a winner for her portfolio there Marlene! :)

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 4:23 PM

Thanks Kortalouche,I will. And lol that's a cute little story you've got about your shot, Tom.

Marlene <")

My Blog

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 4:44 PM · edited Tue, 26 December 2006 at 4:54 PM

file_363706.gif

Another little something I've just been playing around with...I've recently discovered I love making animations, lol.

PS I know it's jerky. I just don't think it's worth any further fine-tuning. I was just having some fun. ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 6:05 PM

Marlene, fun is what it is all about, now isn't it.   Now, with the fine looks of the family you have posted, yikes, you need a portfolio too.   Some folks get born with all the right genes...the rest of us wear blue jeans and try harder.   Great shots!

P>S>  on the Stone Lake thingy, I wanted a person peeking over the edge looking down but had no model...and no saved shot with the right pose. Oh well.  That was for fun, too.

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 6:13 PM

LOL, thanks Tom. And you're sooo right. Fun is what it's all about.

As to someone looking over the edge, that would look really cute. If you have a pic of someone in a reasonably 'close' position, you can always try cutting it out and editing it in liquify and free-transform in PS...Of course, just for fun.  :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 7:23 PM · edited Tue, 26 December 2006 at 7:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=698554&member

file_363717.jpg

This is one I did a while back...not sure just why, with influences of "2001 Space Odyssey" and who knows what else. I knew some thought on this at the time. The floating thing is photography, a hand behind a discharge tube at a local science museum.   So, anything?  I suppose this qualifies.   Yikes!

If I have posted this sometime, somewhere is time on some 'rosity place before, forgive the second view.  My graphics are not practiced or well done and most are done for a personal satisfaction at some particular time in my life.  A release of sorts.        Tom. 

Der link goes to the original image from my beginning gallery. 

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 10:30 PM

Tom! Actualy I love this space stuff of yours.....and a blue jeans as well. I am not even try anymore LOL. 
Yeah speak of Her...she is beautifull and very comfy front of the camera. Good to know some dreams come true in some family. 

seeyus nice pretty ppl!  Tunde

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:03 AM

file_363742.jpg

I love those animation of yours Marlene. Keep ´em coming will ya! 😄 Here´s another aurora-shot....seems fitting after seeing Toms cool space-shots. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:04 AM

file_363743.jpg

Und eine...more, lol.

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:05 AM

file_363744.jpg

A horse...

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:06 AM

file_363745.jpg

A cute little sheep with a smirk on his face.

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:11 AM

file_363746.jpg

Frozen creek....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:12 AM

file_363747.jpg

One more...

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:18 AM · edited Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:19 AM

file_363748.jpg

And a simple tree....and now i wont pester you for a while with shots. :tt2:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:33 AM · edited Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:38 AM

file_363750.jpg

Gorgeous nature photography Andreas...you have way too many "keepers" for my ego to get comfy. :) Very cool fun shots Marlene and Tom...keep having fun, they are great! Here is Kyra, after a full day of opening presents on Christmas.

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:40 AM

Awww! That is so cute. I reckon Christmas really gets to them huh? 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:52 AM

file_363752.jpg

They love it. It wears them out, all the excitement and anticipation then the made rush to tear open the presents and play with them all at once. The grandparnets REALLY spoiled the kids this year. I never got that many presents when I was young ::sniff:: At least we didn't have to give them any, lol. :)

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 9:59 AM

OH MY GOD!!!! :ohmy: Will ya look at all those gifts!!!! No wonder she looked so darn beat, LOL.

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:07 AM

Well, not ALL of them were for the kids, but they did get the majority. ;'] It is good to be a kid these days. :) Do you still wonder why I haven't bought myself a DSLR yet? :lol:

Zacko ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:14 AM

LOL! Thank God i already got one then. 😉

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:19 AM

I know, I know, I should have splurged on myself when I was still single. :) But then I'd want one of the newer ones now, heheh.

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 12:32 PM

Hey Andreas, I know you're much for poetry, but after seeing your tree, as well as several in your store, I think you might enjoy one I wrote, It's called Mother Oak. 
BJ

Radlafx ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 1:31 PM · edited Wed, 27 December 2006 at 1:36 PM

file_363774.jpg

Accidents happen, and some times they're good. I didn't mean to zoom in on the hand (or the chocolate money). It was too dark outside so I couldn't see through the (electronic) viewfinder. When I clicked the shutter FLOOF I got an "accidentally cool" photo. :ohmy: Mis-taken 3rd night of Hanukkah @ Niagara falls, Canada. We all learn from mistakes no matter who's "mis-take" it is.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 1:45 PM

Lucky you! :) Coins in the hand are worth more than birds in the bush...

Radlafx ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:09 PM

Attached Link: Wikipedia: Latkes

Forgot to mention I was standing about 20' away. The guy holding them is the mayor of Niagara Falls. And no I didn't get any at that event (they where for the children) I did get donuts and latkes though, lots of 'em.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 3:39 PM

file_363786.jpg

This one is for BJ, a "Mother Oak"

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 7:29 PM

An amazing and graceful lady! What a place to dream! Thanks She's gorgeous! BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:06 PM

file_363836.jpg

This shot was taken "pre dslr" with a 4mp Minolta.  The postwork is not well done but the story is interesting.  There was a paddle wheel steamship on the Mississippi River following the end of the War Between the States or the Civil War which happened in mid 1800's.   This steamer was at the docks with other paddle boats on the southern Mississippi to take released Union(northern) prisoners home.   The Sultana had boiler problems. And the captain had problems...he crammed as many ex-prisoners on the ship as possible, perhaps because he would not pay the bribe of Union soldiers taking care of prisoner release or maybe he paid a larger bribe..I am not sure.   So, overloaded the steamer set sail full of weak and injured soldiers.

The boiler exploded. The boat went down.  Perhaps 1800 men lost their lives trying only to get back home.

There is a "Sultana Society" mostly made of older folks with relatives who perished in the tragic event.  I happened on the website one day and the kind elderly lady mailed me.  She and most others in the group are not from the soughern part of the States.   I found out the group would meet every year and visit the monument to the dead.  What I did not know is the cemetary and momument are about a 45 minute drive from my home!   We went one day, I got some images and made prints to send the kind lady.  One image was this one, with the old image of the Sultana overlaid with a photo of the monument.  She was so grateful for the pictures!  This filled my heart with joy.  She wondered how in the world I had done this image..the one here.  Well, it is simple Paint Shop Pro and not good at that.   Still, for her it was fine enough.  I pray her memories and the "society" may continue to remember the ones lost in this singular most tragic "marine" loss in the USA.   It should not have happened...but greed and foolishness ruled the day and lives paid the price while trying to only go home, in whatever condition their bodies.

TomDart.

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 10:20 PM

file_363839.jpg

Here is another view, through the cemetary and up close.  Interesting stuff.  Believe it or not, while there, I heard a Civil War era band playing "Battle Hymn of the Republic" through the woods. There was no band there..but that is me.      TomDart.

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 6:57 AM

Tom,
While living in Virginia, my oldest daughter and I visited many battle sites and cemetarys. She often saw and heard things that could not be explained. I often had the feeling we were not the only ones there. She spent one day making faces at, " that soldier over there, who missed his little girls big much", He's a teacher back at home. I didn't see him! She carried away a pebble from the site and said he had given it to her as a "remembrance token", at four and a half I found this a little chilling. She was a precocious child but the words were still beyond her!
but that's just us.  BJ

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 8:05 AM · edited Thu, 28 December 2006 at 8:06 AM

Wow. So many entries to this thread and I didn't get one single ebot...

Gorgeous photos once again,Andreas...I love that  adorable sheep pic in particular.And awwww... your daughter's so adorable sleeping there,Kortalouche. After opening all those presents I can understand why she would've passed out,lol.

LOL at Dovid's 'mistake'. Looks like you caught  the mayor accepting bribes. ;^P

Fascinating stories Tom and BJ. Thanks for sharing them. Paige said something in a similar vein, when she was just about 2 years old.Her great-grandma had just passed away and she asked her Dad and I what heaven was.So, I described an 'iconic' image of a beautiful sun-filled garden,etc. etc...and her response was, "Oh  yeah. I saw that when I crossed over.'"

Needless to say, I was a bit stunned by that remark. Surely, it's not everyday a 2-year-old says something like that! :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 9:45 AM

file_363869.jpg

Ha, I only got your eBot Marlene, though I should have gotten BJ's first. Tom, I too have heard and 'felt' unexplainable things at battle sites. I used to live in Virgina and my dad used to take us on weekend trips to various civil war battelfields. Eerie. I have also been to IwaJima and the best I can describe the feeling one gets when standing upon that once bloodied ground is that the whole area is 'restless.' Love your new quote there Marlene. I may have that engraved on my tombstone... ;'P

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 10:10 AM

Thanks Kortalouie. Awww...he looks so adorable.What cute children you have. You've even lived in Virginia? You really have lived all over!

Marlene <")

My Blog

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.