Wed, Oct 2, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Zacko's Drop shots

busi2ness ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 10:43 AM

:thumbupboth: @ Andreas :rolleyes:

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 11:03 AM

Thank you Piet. 😄

There´s been a few who thinks i should slow down the animation....and i can "semi-agree"...but since it´s only made up from 10 frames then it would look really "jumpy". :mellow:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Biffowitz ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 11:07 AM

That's quite cool Andreas, I like it :woot:

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 3:02 PM · edited Fri, 17 November 2006 at 3:11 PM

:b_drool:

LOL  at the 'heart' covered eyes but the drool is certainly appropriate.I'd be happy with any ONE of the ten frames you used,let alone capturing TEN great ones in a row!...And such purty ones,at that! :thumbupboth:

Huge congrats swedie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew if anyone could do it,you could.I wonder what you'll do next......:blink:

PS:Jag gick också att reta dig om att inte anknyta till din upload med ”anknyter”, men borttappadt I alla min bokmärkear i min toolbar… suckar… dumt lappy….,

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 3:05 PM

Thank you Marlene. 😄 Maybe i can do a feature film next? :tt2:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 3:16 PM

My Life as a Drop by Andreas, directed by Tim Burtsplashton, Music by Droppy Elfman. Produced by Mel Dribblesalot.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 3:38 PM

LMAO! Better than My Life As A Drip.... :tt2:

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

babuci ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2006 at 6:33 PM

Kort! LOL! I didn't know my favorite composer's real name is actually  Drooppy Elfman. And in that case my all time fav movie is  " Splashy hollow"
Ok seriously! I was follow this tread awhile now. Hmmm Interesting. My 5 cent to the basket. I never saw a boring dropp shot not from a Master Andreas or Marlene or some other person in a big wide web. I find them fascinating and I don't belive this is just a random shutter button pressing excersise. Everything is captured with camera is a photograph and this action called photography. I fail to execute some reasonable shot yet....I have many blurry thou....LOL. But one day I will. 
seeyus Tunde

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 1:09 AM

Andreas, I should drop in too, you bounced back and surfaced as a winner! "Well" done! :laugh:

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 1:29 PM

I made another one......just to show how a so called "fan-drop" occurs. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Biffowitz ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 1:52 PM

haha.... that's pretty funny zacko, you're the best :thumbupboth:

If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead.

busi2ness ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 1:55 PM

I love this POV showing the surface and of course the fanning event - incredible! :thumbupboth:

Margana ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 2:03 PM

:woot::woot::woot::thumbupboth::thumbupboth::thumbupboth:

Wow...

Marlene <")

My Blog

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 2:07 PM

Thank you thank you. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Onslow ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 2:27 PM

Superb !!!

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Fred255 ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2006 at 8:25 PM

That's so, clever, I have been experimenting with a tin plate on a stove top coloured water to see how water boils and bubbles, if I get a photo worth posting I will soon

ecurb - The Devil

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2006 at 1:15 AM

To quote Tunde,"I don't belive this is just a random shutter button pressing excersise."

It's not... I know...and that's from experience.The first time I tried it,I 'got lucky'.I took 5 shots and got a decent one...The next day,I took over a hundred and none were as good as any of the five I got the night before.There is so much more to this than 'meets the eye',lol.Yes,we can have 'happy accidents',as I have,but there is definately a skill involved here.And I think we do a disservice to those who have perfected the science of this  when we diminish their efforts because we've had them  happen for us accidentally.

Okay.Margana shutting up now...lol. ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 6:22 PM · edited Wed, 22 November 2006 at 6:22 PM

Well I believe I have just proved that it can be done, come and see my images.

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 8:16 AM

Awsome stuff Andreas. Capturing that 'fan' phenomenon is really quite amazing. I'll have to take a look in your gallery, but if you haven't already posted a slightly larger version of these there, I think you should. :)

st_fish ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 12:30 PM

:thumbupboth: EXCELLENT work buddy-boy!! :thumbupboth: :biggrin: Always wanted to know how, and now i can see it for myself!! Hoowoo!!! :biggrin: :woot: ---------------- Est:tt2: 8;o)

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 2:43 PM

Thanks Kort and Esté. 😄 I haven´t posted a bigger version in my gallery because it turned out so darn huge....filesize...wise, lol. So i think i´m gonna upload it to my website instead. That small one alone is 315kb big. :bored:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 3:44 PM

Awww, don't be a party pooper! I know you can wrangle a decent one in at around 499kb! :)

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 10:49 PM

LOL. Well i suppose i could try. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 10:53 PM

Naaa, I don't think  it will be possible to squeeze that  into 499KB :unsure: 😉

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 10:10 AM

Oh, c'mon, you can do it! :b_tonguewink:

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 1:10 PM

LMAO! You know Kort....i just emailed you a larger one and you are free to have a go at it if ya like. You know GIF´s alot better than i do. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 1:15 PM

Is that what's been clogging up my email? LOL! ;'] Thanks buddy, I'll see what I can do and send it back to ya.

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 5:00 PM

Hey Andreas, if you give me a web gallery template I could host the file for you (on my site) 😄

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 11:33 PM

Aww. Thank you, but i just got a shrunk version made by Kort.....the bloke actually got it below 500kb without resizing it. So i´m thinking i might put it up in my gallery here after all. Thank you Kort. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 7:26 AM

My pleasure, though I did resize it a little. Using noise reduction on each frame helped clear up unwanted noise in the background, and a little painting got rid of those annoying white dots on the right. The rest was just a matter of tweaking the GIF settings. I'll send you the larger 40 color version as well, but I think you'll want to use the first one I sent you. ;']

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 8:29 AM

That's wonderful! I'm looking forward to seeing it.👍

Marlene <")

My Blog

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:30 PM

Ohhhh, what a lovely set of shots. Thanks for the pics and I don't think they are boring. I think you guys do them so well! Lots of them are in my faves. Keep em comming boys!
I don't have all the chemicals....unless you count my transplant drugs big grin but food dyes may be good.
I may one day add to the ocean of drops out there (oops sorry for the pun....nah not really giggle)
Jenny.

Fred255 ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 10:24 AM

LETS BRING BACK THE DROP

DRIP

DRIP

DROP!!!!!

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 10:38 AM

Sheesh David, talk about reviving an old thread. Have you finally mastered the drop shot? ;'))

Fred255 ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 10:40 AM

Noop!!!

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 10:44 AM

Hahah. I never even tried. I know my limitations. The stiller my subject, the better. I was just curious when I got notification in my email from a 3 year old thread! :'D

Fred255 ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 10:46 AM

I have a new lens coming in about a week, some poeple says it;s very sharp so i thought  I may have another go.

ecurb - The Devil

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 11:08 AM

Fast and sharp...key ingredients. :')

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 11:40 AM

Not so sure about key ingredients all mine were taken on a compact cam, Canon  G6

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 1:10 PM · edited Thu, 05 March 2009 at 1:10 PM

Okay show off! ;'P

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 06 March 2009 at 8:02 PM

I clearly remember when the first drops hit the screen..then others joined in and I joined in and I believe all had a ball of fun...no, not easy at all but it was loads of fun with a few masters of  drop shopt to emulate as best could.     Andreas is simply a  fine photographer, way beyond the drop shots.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.