Mon, Sep 9, 6:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Can V3

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 3:33 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 8:48 PM

This question has probably been asked many times before but I could not find it within the Poser forum. I know there are special programs that you can buy that says it converts the clothing from one character to another. But my question is do they actually work? We've all spent a small fortune on clothing, characters, and morph’s for various characters in the Poser world, why should we start again. I know one of your answers already, “Because Daz wants to make more money!” Well that doesn't mean I want to give it to them, if it can be helped.

Have a Happy New Year my fellow Renderosity members,

James

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 3:38 PM

I use Wardrobe Wiazrd, available at http://www.philc.net , and I love it.  It works like a dream!

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 3:47 PM

Quote - I use Wardrobe Wiazrd, available at http://www.philc.net , and I love it.  It works like a dream!

What if I wanted to use the particular clothing that I changed on V3 again, would I have to use the wardrobe wizard to change it back? Or could I save a copy for V3 and V4?

RandC ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 4:00 PM

Jhustead
It would be a copy...so you wouldnt have to worry about loosing a V3 clothing item.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 4:03 PM · edited Sun, 31 December 2006 at 4:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Yes.  However you need Wardrobe Wizard along with the optional  V4 addon support from PhilC.

Then you can analyze V3 clothing items and conform them to fit V4.

As for whether Wardrobe Wizard actually works? Yes it does. I don't have V4 but I use Wardrobe Wizard every single time I'm in Poser and convert clothing between Aiko and Stephanie and V3 all of the time.

There is an old discussion at Daz about WW from when it first came out last year. It shows lots of pictures of various conversions of items between different figures.  It's at this link:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=17647&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=d2819ce3ee688238a53d83646005d337

You can still use the clothing on V3 after converting it to V4.  What WW does is analyze the clothing, not alter it.  I'm not sure how it works, but when you put the clothing onto V3 and analyze it, WW generates a small .dat file and saves it to the WW analysis folder. Then when you put the clothing on V4 and "convert to", WW draws on the information from that saved .dat file and fits the clothing to V4 or whatever supported figure you are using, even if it's just a morphed up version of V3.  A few clicks of smooth and/or inflate and the clothing fits. 

The original outfit hasn't been altered so you can still use it for V3. However, so long as you keep that .dat file in the analysis folder from when you analyzed it,  you won't have to analyze it again.  That means the next time you want to use that outfit, say on Aiko, you can just put the outfit on Aiko and click "Convert to". 

There is no need to save a copy of the converted outfit for V4.  The .dat analysis file that you generated when you analyzed the outfit contains all of the information so once the outfit is analyzed, keep the .dat file in the analysis folder and literally convert on the fly. Meaning each future time you want to use that outfit on a WW supported figure, just put the clothing on the new figure and click "Convert to" and let WW fit the clothing to the new figure. You've already analyzed it before and so long as you haven't deleted the .dat file, you can "convert to" each time you want to use the outfit. The step of converting takes only seconds.

By not having to save a copy of the converted dress for V4 on the hard drive means you aren't taking up space with multiple outfits.  The .dat file is very small so analyze your clothing, save the .dat file and "convert to" as you need to instead of saving a converted copy of the dress for each figure you want to use it on.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 4:49 PM

RandC: Thanks for the info.

Acadia**:** Thanks for the technical breakdown of the program, that helps a lot for my understanding of the program. Also thanks for the link Daz’s old forum conversation about the wardrobe wizard. It was cool to see the pictures of how one outfit was changed from one another to fit on a specific character. And frankly I think the 60 bucks is worth it now that I have seen what the program can do, and also considering how much I've already spent on the Poser wardrobe closet!

I thank you all for weighing in on my question. Cheers!

-James

Coleman ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 5:02 PM

I just converted a bunch of V3 clothes to fit V4 with Wardrobe Wizard last night and it works great!

It's easy to keep the built in clothing morphs as well if you follow Phil's helpful guide.

There's a bunch of Aiko3 clothing I've converted as well. Almost all clothing converts pretty well with WW.

I even converted one of Phil's old P4 Victorian dork outfits to fit Mike3 and it worked like a charm.

I'd highly recommend Wardrobe Wizard

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 6:00 PM

RAMNIMUS: Thanks for your input. : )

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 6:38 PM

How easy is this program to use for someone who isn't a modeller, has little experience (or patience) for such things, and could never get the Tailor to work adequately? :)   That is, is particularly newbie-friendly, or does it require some expertise?  I gather there are good tutorials, but will it take a significant amount of time to get up to speed?

nickedshield ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 6:56 PM

Quote - How easy is this program to use for someone who isn't a modeller, has little experience (or patience) for such things, and could never get the Tailor to work adequately? :)   That is, is particularly newbie-friendly, or does it require some expertise?  I gather there are good tutorials, but will it take a significant amount of time to get up to speed?

For simple clothes without any morphs it's almost a "click, click" operation and you're done. The more complex the clothing requires a bit of time to smooth it out. Clothing with morphs that you want to keep are the most time consuming. Not difficult, just tedious. some of the other tools in the package makes it extremly well worth the price. Note: it does not do gloves and may have isues with various footware.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 7:00 PM

Quote - For simple clothes without any morphs it's almost a "click, click" operation and you're done. The more complex the clothing requires a bit of time to smooth it out. Clothing with morphs that you want to keep are the most time consuming. Not difficult, just tedious. some of the other tools in the package makes it extremly well worth the price. Note: it does not do gloves and may have isues with various footware.

Many thaks for the speedy reply - that pretty much covers what I was asking!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 9:09 PM

WW is pretty good! I just have trouble adjusting the joint parameters on some of my conversions especially in the shoulders, chest and arms. I still don't have the hang of that and that is my only frustration.

My Facebook Page

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.