Sun, Sep 22, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Is anyone planning on making an anime movie in the near future

mobius001 ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 8:56 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Hey people, there are some great artists here, it shouldnt be that hard for someone with premire and some good writting skills to come up with a good plot for a movie. after all everything you need is out there, IE: lipsync and any other programs, why hasent anyone started on something yet?

pack ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 11:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.angrymob.net

Moby, I, for one, am very interested. I have collected & bought a vast arsenal of s/w- Poser, Bryce, Max, Lifeforms, Premiere, Lipsinc, MaxPose, PPP, & much more, utilities, & resources (models, textures, sound effects, special FX etc), motions BVH, most of DAZ motion pack, Lifeforms Studio (700+ moves), plus the 800+ moves Max/Char Studio comes with. I was/am pretty serious about this . I am adequately familiar with all the above apps, save for Lifeforms am new/weak. Some prelim animations are at my web site http://www.angrymob.net/animation.htm. Another Poser forum guy & I started a "movie" about a year ago. It fizzled out due to lack of focus (& me being the only one doing most all the animation & graphics). My partner did all the writing. He got quite far with the script- probably more than an hours worth of "movie" time. If anyone is serious, let's rock. I have a big web space. Also think Max & Poser would be an awesome marraige. I bought the infographica model collection (see thumbnails)http://www.angrymob.net/offline/Areas.html , which is awesome, plus over 20 CD's & DL'd gigs more models. Also have thousands of sound FX, visual FX (many), customizable fire, smoke/particle FX. Perhaps it could be a comic format until the various sets are built up, then we can move into animation....Since audio is so powerful, perhaps the Real Player slideshow format with sound at first.... This project has serious potential . Email me at angrymobb@home.com , if anyones interested. Moby, you can take the reins, if we find a few intersted animators. Not wanting to hog your thread here. Any volunteers, please state specific areas you wish to help with... I can get my writer pal to rework the script, if necessary, I think. Pack

Quikp51 ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2001 at 12:45 AM

I've started my arduous process of creating a fully CG Star Wars fanfilm. I am currently about 40% through the vehicles and tech related meshes , I then have to model the architecture and characters after that. Sadly since I'm a one man operation the ETA will probably be about two years but hey I'm doing this for the sheer fun of it and that's what counts right? A small handfull of meshes are in my gallery and the rest are on my hd waiting to be textured. I kind of wish there was a animation gallery here so we could link out to the large files via thumbnails.

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 4:28 PM

i am doing a movie about acient egipt, i am in the middle of project more or less.

adh3d website

pack ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2001 at 6:50 PM

Quik, I like your idea. Interested in working together? Is this for the Lucas website? Email me please if interested. Pack angrymobb@home.com

Quikp51 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 4:09 PM

Pack thanks for the offer for help but this is a goal I had set for myself years ago and am now actually doing it. I will be doing the modelling, texturing and animating alone but the result will be very stylistic and at the same time realistic. I just needed help with some visualizing and Teyon from the Rhino forum said he'd help me with character sketches of the Sith and a few others. And no this isn't for the Lucas website though TheForce.net Fan Theater will host the file when it's done. Adh3D >> Your film sounds interesting I can't wait to see some snippets from it.

adh3d ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2001 at 5:20 PM

In the moment i have i upload here. Your project sounds interesting too, i like Star Wars very much.

adh3d website

Flog ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2001 at 11:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.wetwired.org/comic/theflog.swf

Hey fellas, I know this might not be the place, but I to am working on a little film and it does include an anime/realistic style, it won't be out anytime soon but here is my current animation, it's a series that I am going to take further but I got a million stories but I am staying focused on this one for now, but anyone want to hear a good story and help me animate or create the characters and I will animate it, I prefer flash format, it has so much untapped potential but it's on on this sight, this is my first "experiment peice" Just want feedback and for folks to check it out. I'm a big star wars fan myself, theforce.net rocks. Well you guys sound like you have the right idea, when Lucas made star wars it was really him and a bunch of buddies having fun doing what they liked. Anybody wanna be the first guys to help make the first internet classic movie of all time, hehehe. Go to wet

Quikp51 ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2001 at 7:45 PM

Intersting Flog though it needs a bit more refinement methinks. But it is good and a cheap way to do animation too.

fredoman ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 3:17 PM

Pack, I'm interested. While my skills in Max are pedestrian, I've been reading every book I can get my hands on and tinkering with the Poser to Max/Lightwave combination. I'm also a screenwriter and a professional video/film editor. I have all the tools, access to a broadcast quality editing suite and thousands of story ideas. I lack partners and the 3d knowledge to carry it out. Let me know what you think. Fredo

Flog ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2001 at 11:09 PM

Hey Fredo, What do you need? Maybe we can collaborate on something. Message me, Flog

zaeld ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2001 at 3:31 AM

well i am trying to make a movie .i am not an expert in 3d but i loved the idea..... my movie will be with dragons elfs trolls warriors and that kind of stuff!! if there is anyone who wants to help, just call. we can work together. ..... waiting for reply... Thanx, ZAELD

pack ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2001 at 1:23 PM

Fredo,Flog, others, Tho also a fledgling at Max, I have a good grasp of Poser animation. I know enough to do what I need to do, (almost). I have put a considereble amount of prep & thought to the many facets of movie making on this. I have a script, but it's not quite in storyboard form (here's a free program http://www.lightlink.com/tjweber/Springboard/index.html ) Fredoman, or anyone, perhaps you can work on spiffing up the script to specific sets. Also texturing the sets. I have all the geometry & textures needed. Someone with an eye for lighting (in Max) would be cool. Does that sound cool? I haven't looked back here in a while. Almost forgot about this thread. email notification of reply's not working. email me at angrymobb@home.com if serious about this. I'm doing this either way- help or no. I'm working on perfecting the Shag Hair plug in on the Poser gals, also have some killer prospects with free Clothreyes (Max plugin) ideas & Poser. The quality should be exceptional. Pack

fredoman ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2001 at 4:18 PM

Pack, I will email you directly as well, but I'd like to post here first so others can share in the enthusiasm. I'd love to take a look at your script and put it in format. And I think that helping complete this project could be a perfect learning experience for all those that are basically tinkerers and want to get a bit more serious. I'm in the industry as a professional video editor (that's how I pay the bills) so I can assemble our renders as well as engineer audio and whatnot. As far as 3ds goes, I'll pick up whatever slack you have and learn along the way. I'm 150 pages into SAM's 24-HOUR book and I have access to 3ds 3.1 and 4 with a bunch of plugins. I'll fast-forward to learn a bit about texturing and lighting. If you need a texturer, then look no farther. So this is the battle-call, the gauntlet lies on the floor, thrown in challenge. Those that want to answer the call, you know what to do... Fredo

pack ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 3:15 AM

Cool. For now, I'll back burner the clothreyes & shag hair in the interest of productivity. The script I have, is basically a Vampire story. I thought it would be cool to make them from another planet. The alien/sci fi factor allows for creative intervention, by allowing for almost anything to fall out of the sky & into the story, as we see fit. I don't want to be Star Wars, & keep any religous overtones under wraps. Once you see the script, you'll see this isn't a typical vampire story. I wanted something with an edge, & a little suspenseful & spooky scenes. Music is critical here- maybe you can help out there. Correct me if wrong, but with 3D, it makes sense to create as much audio/dialog tracks first. That will allow me to incorporate the talking heads to there motion, plus set the scene's surroundings. The main character's are 2 females. I hope to use the Victoria 2 fem as the star. We can discuss/agree on particulars. I've purchased or downloaded most every Poser product we'll need. I need to find my ol partner Butch. Pack

Tech-D ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 7:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daredevilfilms.net

Actually I had came across a site last year of someone who had made a 30 min film called Raven. He is currently working on a sequel called Raven 2. All his work is done is Poser with Post Production in After Affects, Premier. If you want to take a look @ his work you can find it at http://www.daredevilfilms.net. I purchased Raven and have found it to be a good film for someone that had done all production by himself.

fredoman ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 8:35 AM

Tech, Saw Raven. Whoa. This guy knows direction and lighting and POSER. Colin did an amazing job setting mood, with effective music and sound effects. I just wish he had gotten better voice talent and a tighter script. Thanks for pointing it out, though. I didn't know there were others who had already succeeded in making these films. Colin's a good role model for the rest of us.

Tech-D ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 8:53 AM

Since Raven was his first production I overlooked some of the voice & script issues. Taking a look at what he has posted of Raven 2 it looks to be better then the first. I really like his beginning credits even though they are a Se7en take off. I have a few local friends that want to put something together because of seeing what he did. Currently I am just playing with Poser but I plan to really start working come winter. Because I don't spend as much time (other then @ work) in front of my computer during the summer.

pack ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 9:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/skeletons/film_detail/0,1263,429413,00.html

Much to be learned watching Raven & then reading all the reviews. Many shows on TV are far lower quality productions.

Tech-D ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 9:56 AM

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it is of poor quality. I think it was a great film. For a one man show it is excellent. Fredoman commented on the voice talent, and that was the only thing that caught my attention in the movie. Because all of the voices were mono-tone. The voices really didn't convey the actions in the movie. Just a comment, not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

fredoman ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 12:29 PM

Man, we're picky. Truth is that Colin did more with Raven than I've done before. Tech-D's right, we're not trying to insult with our criticisms. But when you create something, you have to be open to other's opinions. If only to validate yourself. As a writer, my worst moments are when my wife edits my manuscripts. You're totally naked. But when I get constructive criticism, I find myself looking forward to my next draft. I don't think I was all that constructive with my previous comments. As observers of Raven, we can learn a lot about camera work, editing, pacing and lighting. We can realize that Poser is THAT good, and the possibilities are limitless. Oh, sure, we can also notice the flaws, but the guy was working with Poser, not Maya. And he was alone, and lacking ILM's budget. The truth is that we should applaud the effort and the result. And perhaps direct our criticisms to ourselves for not doing as much. I, for one, apologize.

Tech-D ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 12:35 PM

Yes I wish I could do just half the quality that Colin did at this point of my learning.

pack ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 5:23 PM

I loved Raven. I would love to have half his talent. A true artist. As I said, much can be learned watching it. I wrote Colin applauding his work. As good as it is, there's nothing wrong with knowing how it could have been made better, & benefiting from someone else's "mistakes" (for lack of a better word). I believe what I/we lack is his artistic talent, I/we might make up for in the more technical areas, like skin textures, realistic hair & cloth simulation, & character animation. I'm a glutton for punishment, by trade (I'm not a pro CG guy). Perhaps more emotion in the voices, a little more lighting -using darkness is what he probably did on purpose. I would be very happy to be anything close to his production level. I didn't mean to be critical, I LOVED it, but I want to meet or exceed his degree of popular appeal, if possible.

Exos ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2001 at 9:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.exostudios.com

Well, I've created several adult type movies. Some you can download off my site. Not very long though. Only about a minute each. Don't go to my site if you don't like adult stuff though!

MaterialForge ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2001 at 8:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.starforce7.com/darkangels

Wow, didn't realize there were this many movie projects goin' on! Raven certainly looks awesome. Humbly, let me add mine to the list: www.starforce7.com/darkangels Currently only part of the comic is online, I hope to have the full length movie done by next year. I'll be using stock textures, models etc., although I make my own environments in Bryce. |(Been playing with "bluescreening" in Poser). Since I'm a musician, I create my own score. If anybody needs any sound fx or music done, I can do a track or two for ya. --silver

MRMH ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2001 at 4:00 PM

I would like participate making and animating characters, I am very interested, I have worked making Spots in Azteca TV in Canc, Mexico, and my passion is the animation, and the creation of worlds of Sci Fi. At this time I am making the character of Neo, of The Matrix. But I have many ideas of characters and of stories. I would be interesting participate in the project, but I am novel (rookie) in the movies.

4096 ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 12:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.asciipr0n.com/4096/rocketmen/index.html

Heh, "everyone" seems to be in the middle of making a movie here. Too bad computers are still so slow: it would be great to have realtime high quality rendering from 3d max or such... Anyhow, I'm *slowly* working on my own movie with is about half done. You can check out my web page, which is being created even slower than the video ;). Usual plot: "lego" rocketmen must fight evil giant robots. Here's a few stills from early on in the film, I've been working on it about 5 months now, originally in bryce but now with 3D Max.

4096 ( ) posted Fri, 29 June 2001 at 12:36 AM

file_163356.jpg

oops. :|

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.