Sat, Oct 5, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:25 am)

Subject: e frontier is looking for Poser render experts...

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 3:21 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:29 AM

Think you’ve got what it takes with Poser?
Do people often praise your images for stunning realism and lighting?
Then e frontier is looking for YOU!

We are looking for several people to round out our creative team and assist us in a fast paced production environment.
Proficiency with Poser 6 or 7 and an talent for rendering & lighting with the Poser application, are a must.

Please send:
A detailed description of your experience and interest in Poser
Additional software used
Sample images or Links to galleries or images

Emails can be sent to cpcreative@e-frontier.com.

Thanks!

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 4:20 PM

Give us a stable program with features that actually work as they are supposed to and we might be able to make those stunning images that you mention...

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

moogal ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 4:45 PM

Call the wambulance.  It's working fine for me!  (knocks on wood)

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 4:50 PM

It works fine for me as well... when it wants to. But... it gets a little annoying when you get a good session with P7... start to think everything is fine for a change and then.. pooof... oh look... the desktop...

And yes.. I do back up what I am doing in P7 as I work, but shouldn't have to back up after every alteration, just in case of a crash.

amacord ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 4:51 PM · edited Thu, 04 January 2007 at 4:52 PM

don't you ef-guys think it might be a bit late to ask for render experts? dogsmile

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 4:53 PM

Quote - don't you guys think it might be a bit late to ask for render experts? dogsmile

Perhaps they want someone to help them fix P7
2 x dogsmile

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 5:06 PM

Wow, I find it really funny, people always complain about software house reps not visiting forums, theres why. as soon as they do, everyone shouts at em....

well, I have Poser 7, sure I have issues with it, but then again, I have some strange crashing issues with 3D Studio Max 8. and that cost ALOT more!

I'm very interested to hear what they want us for..

sends email...

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

amacord ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:23 PM

shouts? who shouts? nobody shouts! we're laughing at them! apart from that, it's not 'everyone'. it's just ol ziggie and me... i'm sure most readers of this thread have already zipped their vickies and sent them on their way and are by now facing a sleepless night spent in excitement about the prospect of making cewl renders for cewl ef (paid or unpaid...).

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:42 PM

I'm amazed to read all the bad comments about P7. I was pleasantly surprised that so far I haven't found any problems with it - I hated P6 and used it only half a dozen times before going back to P5.  I find P7 uses far less resources and renders much more quickly than 5 or 6

However, no good me applying - I much prefer to make my work come to life postworking  in Photoshop - I really only use Poser as a basic tool for rendering figures these days ;-)

Gill

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 6:49 PM

...Sidebar commentary about crashes....
My poser crashes a lot ledd then my 3d Max or Autocad, and we paid gabilions of dollars for those two.  Bryce 5 never crashed...
There seems to be a proportionate relationship between number of crashes and the software price. It seem to be something like one crash per day for each $100 we paid for software, no?
Then again Rhino is around $700, and I'm yet to see it crash...
Oh, and I never saw Photoshop crash, in the 10+ years I've been using it...  
.... I never saw Pong crash either ;)... well, untill my mom accidentally stepped on the joystick I left sitting on the ground and crushed it ....

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

sbertram ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:27 PM

When you start looking for animation experts, let me know ;) I've got A LOOOOT of advice for you guys.

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2007 at 7:31 PM

is this a full-time paid position you are offering with e frontier please

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 7:04 AM

Quote - ...Sidebar commentary about crashes....

There seems to be a proportionate relationship between number of crashes and the software price. It seem to be something like one crash per day for each $100 we paid for software, no?...

I am glad your analogy does not apply to motor vehicles..!!

We don't expect them to crash on their own at all and we wouldn't accept it if they did.

And... using the same analogy... my P7 is ferforming like a pair or roller skates with one wheel missing..!!

moogal ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:14 PM

Yes, Poser7 can disappear very quickly sometimes.  It seems like it does this when it should be giving an error or asking for a choice from the user.  I say this because it happened a few times at first but not so much lately.  That tells me I must not be doing whatever it was that was causing it.  I think this version of Poser is still the most usable initial release that I've bought.  I don't think SR1 of version 5 was nearly as good.

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 3:43 PM

Guys, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud or an antagonist or anything, but the thread is about ef offering gainful employment to worthy artists, and not about the pros, cons and issues inherent in Poser 7.

There are a lot of threads covering the various issues, bugs and even success stories with P7 so shouldn't we cut them some slack and let this thread serve its purpose?

Please don't flame me or take offence at my post. I just think the thread is going of on a rather drastic tangent at the moment.

Just my 2c

Wayne

vince3 ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:12 PM

i had asked what i thought was a relevent question but i have had no reply.

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 5:57 PM

yes Vince3 yours was the only question pertaining to the original post 
but you may want to send an email to the address that efstarlet put in her post
if i were her i wouldn't bother coming back here to follow up after reading the first couple of posts 
cpcreative@e-frontier.com

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 8:50 PM

I agree, that the 'welcome' tone was rather caustic.  Overall, Poser 6 has been rock solid and I've never had any problems it at all. P7 is the opposite of that, unfortunately, and completely off-topic to the discussion of employment with major 3d applications houses.

Further information about what's expect to be done in the position and whether relocation is neccesary and such would be appreciated, but not expected at this point.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 9:54 PM

Quote - ...and completely off-topic to the discussion of employment with major 3d applications houses.

Sorry... I disagree...

From the original post:

Quote -
Proficiency with Poser 6 or 7 and an  talent for rendering & lighting with the Poser application, are a must.

How does one become proficient and develop a talent for anything in an application that does not work correctly..?

originalplaid ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 10:13 PM

Hey BMW 7 series cars crashed and had to have a firmware update!

Anyways Poser 7 on the Mac NEVER crashes on me. It just won't let me open ANYTHING I save :)

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 10:19 PM

Quote - Hey BMW 7 series cars crashed and had to have a firmware update!

The difference is... I doubt very much that BMW knowingly sold the series 7 knowingly knowing that they were going to crash and said to themselves... "What the heck... we'll sell them first and then fix them later."

Theirs was probably (hopefully) a genuine mistake.

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2007 at 10:21 PM

I'd do it, as long as I can work from home. My gallery is under drifterlee here at RR. Take a look. Just as long as I would get a paycheck, LOL!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:12 PM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:15 PM

Quote - i had asked what i thought was a relevent question but i have had no reply.

Sorry you haven't gotten a reply, but given most of the replies in this thread, I don't wonder about that :(

e-Frontier comes here to post about jobs, and they get bitched at.  That's not very nice or appropriate :(

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 12:31 PM

Am not 'bitching'... simply stating a fact. It might not be very nice, but it is appropriate.

EF are asking for prospective employees with a  'talent for rendering & lighting with the Poser application'.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to fix P7 first so that people have the opportunity to do their best?

Would you advetise for someone to paint your house, then give them watered down paint and brushes with loose bristles, and expect a 'stunning' result?

ghelmer ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 1:10 PM · edited Sat, 06 January 2007 at 1:19 PM

Ziggie, the original post ONLY said "Poser" not P7 in which you have hijacked this this thread with a "P7 doesn't work PERFECTLY for ME" rant!  If that''s not "b!tching" then what is it?  Find an appropriate venue (perhaps all the other threads you cried foul with your P7 experience) rather than "Poser" non version specific topics.  THough 6 & 7 are stated if P6 works for you then use it...

My two cents are spent...  nothing personal but your 7 posts in this thread had no real  value for me personally as they merely were you on your P7 don't work soapbox whilst waiting for the wahhmbulance!!

G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 1:18 PM

Quote - Ziggie, the original post ONLY said "Poser" not P7

mmm... must be something wrong with my eyesight then... because in the original post I see it as....

*'Proficiency with Poser 6 or 7 and an talent for rendering & lighting with the Poser application, are a must. '

*Anyways... rant over. I am just bored with waiting for P7 to be fixed and have nothing better to do in the meantime...

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 1:34 PM

Ziggie

The only fact you have posted is that P7 set up on your machine crashes - from that, you genaralise that it is an unstable prog.

I had a few problems at the start but having made some changes, following suggestions in various threadds, P7 crashes far less often than any iteration of Poser i have ever had. In fact, after the initial shakedown, it has only crashed on me twice and at least one fo those was my fault.

amacord ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 2:28 PM

ok guys, and now please stop flogging ziggie and try to understand him too. he's disappointed of p7, maybe after being disappointed of p5 and 6, maybe he's sent dozens of mails, complaining or asking for help, and never got a real answer. and suddenly, out of the blue, the pastor materializes in front of the flock and starts some paradise-talk.....well, some people pull the trigger when a target passes their sight;) apart from that - don't you think that this 'job-offer' is a bit strange? i mean, if i'd need some skilled people to make illustrations, maybe even to represent my cg-product, i wouldn't search here in the rosity forum. simply because the only result would be a flood of mails and nviatwas-renders by lesser skilled enthusiasts. i'd rather spend an afternoon in the galleries, and after that i'd write 3 or 4 mails. that's it. i wonder what they are up to with this show.....maybe one of their 'pr-gags'? but propably it's just their recruiting methods being as inefficient as their programming is.....;) A.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:28 PM

I'm pissed as hell that poser 7 is a complete and utter piece of crap that is the most worthless piece of rubbish I have ever owned--that said....there is nothing to be accomplished in my opinion  in attacking someone from the company that produced it when they appear talking about something different.

Politeness usually has better results than sarcasm.  If we want the problem addressed, email the company in question instead of  being harsh with a human resources type.

I admit ,it is strange that EF would ask for recruits here, but doing so IS free and if nothing else, they DO get a litmus test of customer satisfaction, whether they wanted one or not!!! :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 5:30 PM

DigitalDreamer: The fact that P7 crashes without warning is the only fact that I mentioned in this thread... in other threads I have mentioned other faults...  all substantiated as shared experiences by many other P7 users in other threads and other forums.

I should also add, that in some threads I have clearly stated that I LIKE P7 a LOT as it has a lot of potential.. when it is fixed.

amacord almost got it right... but I am not so much disappointed, having become used to waiting for SR's for previous versions.  I am frustrated... by having a program that promises to deliver (hopefully eventually) what was promised, but doesn't yet.

I just feel that EF would have been wiser to advertise for more Beta testers before it's release, rather than for people to make stunning renders after its release while it is still faulty.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2007 at 8:10 PM

I like P7's feature except I can't get a good render off of it.  I'll try for another couple of days and probably re-install the thing.  I can say that EF is definitely on the right track with the multiple undos and other features they have in it.  Now if it would render something I can tell what the hell it is, I'll be happy enough.  :P

DigitalDreamer ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 4:51 AM

Quote -

amacord almost got it right... but I am not so much disappointed, having become used to waiting for SR's for previous versions.  I am frustrated... by having a program that promises to deliver (hopefully eventually) what was promised, but doesn't yet.

I just feel that EF would have been wiser to advertise for more Beta testers before it's release, rather than for people to make stunning renders after its release while it is still faulty.

Fact remains that this thread is about an offer of employment, paid or otherwise; you have taken it way OT.

ziggie ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 5:04 AM · edited Sun, 07 January 2007 at 5:13 AM

Quote - Fact remains that this thread is about an offer of employment, paid or otherwise; you have taken it way OT.

Perhaps the original post should have been in a more appropriate forum then...

It clearly states at the top of this forum...  Commercial posts go in the Product Showcase.

Definition. commercial. Pertaining to business; done with a profit motive. Financial or in kind.

There is a **Jobs/Resumes Forum

**which states in it's heading

*Include sufficient detail- requirements, compensation, contact details, etc.

*Sounds rather like the original post to me...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.