Sat, Oct 5, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: No outstanding must buy v4 product made yet anywhere.

darthbobvilla ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 10:54 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hi all,

Is it just me or is anyone thinking the same way that i do.

Here are my toughts:

It is nice that a lot of people are making v4 clothes and such but so far i do not see any "Must buy" item yet...A must buy to me is a product that radically would change v4 like wyrmmaster's milenium deformers or posermatic's nbs or ngm for v3.

All i see is clothing items made for v4 and hair and such but nothing else. Not to diminish the efforts of other product makers as we Do need them but my final tought would be:

" Is V4 so boring and hard to work with that people are so uninspired or upset or fed up by her that they do not or have no interest to generate a product that would radically change the way she is or work?"

any answers on that?

cheers.

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:09 AM

I have to agree to a certain extent, there seems to be loads of skin textures and stuff but very little clothing available, there is a set that just appeared here that I put in my wishlist but apart from that and one at DAZ by Aery Soul I haven't seen anything yet that I want!

That said, the situation for Sydney is dire!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

darthbobvilla ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:24 AM

I think stuff will pick up but i think it's gonna be slower than when people moved from v2 to v3...

V3 is still on top and daz will need to optimize ( patch) v4 in order to help people work with her better...

cheers

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:37 AM

Plus, I have to chime in here, you are saying that all you are interested in are larger tits for Vicky 4?  Both things mentioned where exactly that!  There are some very useful, everyday clothing items that have been released as well as some fantasy stuff, some free even.  There are some top notch skin textures, merchant resources and scads of other stuff that's out now.  Be patient, I'm sure your tit morphs and magnets will be out soon enough! :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Tiari ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:40 AM

It would be helpful if V4 were backwards compatable with textures, clothes.... and so fourth... just MHO.   I do notice a slowness with any free stuff textures for v4, though if I recall it was slow with v3 too.

Poses too, I find, are also few and far between, again though, i'm sure in time, we'll see more!

Patience obviously isn't a virtue I have mastered LOL

darthbobvilla ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:45 AM

i am not saying exactly larger "breasts" for v4....

I am saying that if you load v4 as she is right now even if you turn the dials and load some of the presets you do not get a decent looking character..for whatever reasons all females comes in almost an a cup size style breast and most of the time people will morph the breast to a size real bigger or somewhat bigger...i do not get yet why daz does not offer an "enhanced" breasts size of their meshes..it would save a lot of headcahes for people i think.

because otherwhise you have to magnetize the poor things or try to morph them and the results are usuall not realistic...at least mine are not...

cheers

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:58 AM

I like small tits myself!!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:59 AM

wait a minute, RAMWolff.  those products are a lot more than just large breasts.  posermatic's nude breast system is the reason i used v3 after aiko.  nbs is the one product i know of that will create that flattened stretched out breast morph that any figure with less than a d-cup should have.  it allows for tons of realistic motion.  and ngm makes realistic breasts - see the promos.  the size isn't larger than what v3's can dial to, just more realistically shaped.   wyrmmaster's stuff may be extreme and like a heavy metal toon, but most of his products are full blown characters with different muscles, eyes, hips, etc.  created with magnets (easy for clothing fits).

if you want v4 to have "enhanced" breasts, i believe there is an "implant" morph.

darthbobvilla ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:15 PM

tried the implant morph...did not get any good results...also the lower nipples also leave the be desired as they produce nasty deforms or artifacts if you play with the dial too much...

:(

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:31 PM

I understand what those products can do, very well! 😄  What disturbed me was the author of this thread mentioned just those two products lacking in what was available for V4.  As I stated, I'm sure IN TIME those products will hit the shelves and all will be right with the world again, according to V4 breast enthusiasts!! :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

rockets ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:39 PM

IMO, V4 doesn't have that much to offer as a character to warrant running out and buying new "stuff" for her even if it were available.  I like my  characters to look a little different than everybody else's and with V4 there's just not that much you can do to her to make her look different.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:46 PM

he!  i guess that's one way to look at it.  to me it's more like this: there aren't any "must have" items yet.  those products aren't just breasts, they're custom morphs.  add-ons that really add-on to v3, not items that are good for one render or maybe two before they make your work really repetitive.  i use nbs in every single v3 render i do, just as i do rayne.  there's nothing for v4 that's so basically useful yet.

as for the in time aspect... well that depends on a lot of things.  i don't think wyrmmaster is active anymore, and that leaves a single artist that does that type of work.  i have no clue what posermatic's plan's are.  probably there will be something for v4, but it still remains to be seen. 

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:47 PM

Hmm Ramwolf, at first I wondered what you were on about because I read the first post about the "lack of decent clothing" for V4, Now I see that I was wrong, I wondered where the tits comment came in!!  

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Arien ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 1:17 PM

There are several reasons for this.
1- One of the first products released for V4 was a merchant resource to make textures, so obviously you are going to see a lot more of those
2- V4 rigging is a tad different to what modellers were used to before, with the magnets, and I suspect people are still learning how to deal with it when it comes to rigging.
3- full morphs like Posermatic's NGM or Blackhearted's GND do take a lot longer to put together and with the new magnets, I would expect some adjustments might be needed to get these two things working together, which might account for the time it's taking creators to put together items for V4.

After all, how long do you expect it takes to develop a top-notch product like that, then test it, make corrections, package, make promos and get it aproved and on sale? Add to that P7's is out with issues that make it testing difficult (is it P7? V4? the product? all of the above?) and you will have a better idea of why the development of third-party products is taking so long.

My store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 2:45 PM

Quote - Hmm Ramwolf, at first I wondered what you were on about because I read the first post about the "lack of decent clothing" for V4, Now I see that I was wrong, I wondered where the tits comment came in!!  

It wasn't so much about the lack of clothing or too much it was the reference to the two main creators that do deformers, mostly used by folks that "do" breasts" as that being an important thing for their renders to look more "realistic".  I like extra control over breasts too but I don't make broad comments about how unusable a product like this is.  She's barely out of the gate and parts of the community are picking her apart like carrion birds fighting over a dead rabbit.  Give folks time is all I'm saying.  Products will come when they are ready, as Arien was alluding too.  I totally respect and love her work and I know what time and effort she puts into it and it DOES take time to do an outstanding texture or morph for characters, not to mention the fact that V4 is one of the newest out of the gate.  I guess everyone that's already fed up with V4 can go and use Sydney mesh from eF, she's not bad looking and.... oh wait a minute... she's got JUST as many issues it seems with LESS clothing and "0" in the way of texture packs to choose from! 😉  Or use V3 and just wait and see what happens! 😉

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 2:55 PM

I'm just waiting like everyone else for V4 stuff. I agree it would have been great if V4 was backwards compatible for V3 items (As great a program as WW it can only do so much) but the same was said about V3 being the same for V2.

Personally I'd like to see more causal clothes like for running errands/shopping and everyday chores. Also business and work outfits like skirts, pant suits, suits,sweaters and blouses.
Casual footwear like sandals, sneakers, etc. I look around me and see so many really cool outfits women are wearing and think they'd be so cool for V4 stuff like from the gap and old navy.

Anyway, I know in time more items will show up so don't get frustrated just yet. V4 is still plenty new and it may just take a little more time. Maybe the creators and vendors are coming up with great creations that take a little more time to make and are not the same old  piece of cloth around the bum and a piece of cloth around the chest and then calling it an outfit.

My Facebook Page

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 3:01 PM

Subject: "No outstanding must buy v4 product made yet anywhere."

Quote - Not to diminish the efforts of other product makers ...

Well, it's a bit late for that.

IIRC PoserMatic is working on boobie morphs, keep your pants on.

My Freebies

Fazzel ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 3:07 PM

Quote - Subject: "No outstanding must buy v4 product made yet anywhere."

Quote - Not to diminish the efforts of other product makers ...

Well, it's a bit late for that.

IIRC PoserMatic is working on boobie morphs, keep your pants on.

Shouldn't that be "Keep your shirt on."?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 4:31 PM

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 7:45 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_364909.jpg

"Coming Soon for Victoria 4!"

The ***Really Big Breasts Set

***Sorry, I couldn't resist!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 8:35 PM

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

darthbobvilla ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:13 PM

i am waiting for posermatics stuff...

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:40 PM · edited Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:43 PM

file_364920.jpg

If I can post this then you can see what V4's breasts can look like.  They have very nice morphs for the nipples, areola and laying the breast against the body and giving it weight.  It may not look totally natural to YOU but I think it's pretty darned close!! 😄

Personally I don't think I'll be buying any magnet sets,  I'm quite pleased with the morphs that are included but that's just me.  What do I know anyway.... I'm just a 46 years old gay boy in California!! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:41 PM

i would say the key word here is "yet".

working in the kitchen over here with someone else. 
still dicing and slicing...but the aroma's are captivating. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 5:57 AM · edited Tue, 09 January 2007 at 5:59 AM

RAMWolff, that's a damn fine pic from a 46 year old gay boy from California! 😉

Actually, I lived in California for 3 years, and I might say that I don't think that even the women there know what breats are "supposed" to look like!  (No offense to any women in California intended... oops, to late for that!)

How does that scene in the movie LA Story go?

"Your breasts, they feel so... strange."

"That's because they're real."

:lol:

Seriously, though, how long has V4 been out?  A month?  It is going to take vendors a lot longer then that to create anything interesting.

I'll go back to what I've been saying all along.  Just because a new mesh is out it doesn't mean there is some law that says you can't use your old one!  Use the mesh that works for the scene you want to create.

I myself, I'm waiting for someone to make a V4 Dragon Morph.  You know, because V4 is so much more espressive then the Millenium Dragon.

:rolleyes:

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 6:01 AM

PS:  Yes, I'm just discovering smilies!

:b_cool:

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 10:50 AM

Thanks Thromm!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 3:32 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_364972.jpg

Actually, I think V4's stock breast morphs are very well done, especially the "large" ones.  

They did omit any "small" ones, though.  You can run the dials backward, of course,  fot often that will cause poke-through on conforming clothing (because a loose fit becomes a tight fit when you go the other way.)

So I did give SuperStar Vickie a small breast morph, as you can almost see.

sandman_dreaming ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:31 PM

So, we may be short of clothing for V4, etc., but luckily we do now have equestrian poses for her over at DAZ! Just what I really wanted! Sheesh....! :blink:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.