Fri, Jul 5, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 04 1:06 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Would you Buy My Weapons for $7.50?

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 5:31 PM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 6:16 PM

Hi good poser people!

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who would be interesting and willing to pay $7.50 to but a pack of weapons.

I have modelled 14 weapons in the past, and thought I might convert them all over to poser smart props and package them up, but I want to know if there are people interested in buying them before I take the time to do it!

Valermos Shaded

Valermos UV Mapping

Black Axe Shading

Apocalypse Sword UV Mapping

Witch King Sword Shading

Combo of Items and polycounts

Some of these are modelled directly off real world fantasy weapons, some are made up.
I've only got these images online if anyones actually interested, I will convert them over this weekend and get some more images for you to see!

Some of you may know these weapons

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 6:03 PM

I think you should go for it

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:07 PM

good work on those. I would also encourage you to create such items for sale.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:11 PM

Wow, those are extremely fine looking blades!  You should definately put them on the market, and your asking price is very fair!

RedHawk ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:14 PM

I'll put it this way....
If I wasn't laid-off right now, I'd even pre-order these! 
One can never have too many swords in one's runtime!

<-insert words of wisdom here->

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:15 PM

well, there is a 14-day waiting period..;) why not..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:24 PM

LOL, I dont like it when I go buying in the market only to find 1 sword is going to cost me $30!

Rule Number 1: never set your price to more than you want to pay

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

1358 ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 7:48 PM

just think of all the naked vickys ina temple with a sword you could do with these;-), each one would be different.

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 8:23 PM

These are really nice!

onimusha ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 9:30 PM

Yeah... they're solid...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 9:40 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Can anyone lend me $7.50 ;) ?
These are nice.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:29 PM

LOL to above.

I'll get them converted and packaged up over the weekend, then it'll just be a few days before there online

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

3DVim ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 10:38 PM

Wonderful sword and blades.

Will they be textured, or just shaded?

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 11:05 PM

They will come in both textured and shaded versions.

by shaded I mean P5/6/7 material shaders

oh, and clean

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 11:19 PM

Hi, I don't do historical stuff at present or fantasy, but they look great. I think weapons always sell better if they have some poses to go with them. Especailly weapons requiring two handed poses. It makes a nice starting point for people to make their own poses. I think the price is okay. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

templargfx ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2007 at 11:32 PM

thats a good idea, I will create some V4 poses I think. gotta re-install V3 and M3 too LOL

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 1:24 AM · edited Fri, 12 January 2007 at 1:29 AM

Forgive me, but I'm going to be quite blunt.  No, I would not PAY money for this, not when I  can get all the weapons I need for free.  Yours are interesting, but so  are all the freebie ones I've previously downloaded.  You want to create a freebie?  Fine!  But will not PAY money for something, even if it's unique, when there are others, no less unique for free.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

templargfx ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 1:53 AM

ok, Ill bite.

so you never buy anything then? for 99% of market place items there are free alternatives. your choice.

I've put out a freebie that took me nearly 3 months to complete, and theres not really much out there thats quite like it. You make it sound like its a crime to try and sell something online if its not completely and utterly unique...........

you could have just been nice and said, I personally wouldnt buy them, and thats it. but no.....

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 2:39 AM

To be honest there are lots of fantasy swords and axes that are free I guess, but if he had poses to go with his ones it would make them much more valuable. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 3:40 AM

Quote - ok, Ill bite.

so you never buy anything then? for 99% of market place items there are free alternatives. your choice.

I've put out a freebie that took me nearly 3 months to complete, and theres not really much out there thats quite like it. You make it sound like its a crime to try and sell something online if its not completely and utterly unique...........

you could have just been nice and said, I personally wouldnt buy them, and thats it. but no.....

You posed a question, I gave you an answer; take it anyway you wish.  You asked If I'd pay $7.50 for your prop, again my answer is no.  whether it's better than any other like prop out there is meaningless to me.  The ultimate quality of a render is in the quality of the artist himself, not in the props he uses.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Arvanor ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 4:42 AM

I think 7.50$ is a more than good price and i would pay them. Imo poses are not needed except hand poses for the grip. So go for it!

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 5:11 AM

Moving to Product Showcase...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

MartinW ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2007 at 5:14 AM

$7.50 looks a great price for me and I'll certainly be looking to buy in the near future...Aikos in temples...hmm...

MartinW ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 2:15 PM

Any sightings...any news of their release...?

templargfx ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 11:18 PM

Sorry about the delay on this, they are well and truly underway, I got sidetracked with moving house, and all the headaches involved in doing so!

I've only got 4 weapons left to fix up poser style and get in. so bare with me! they ARE on the way LOL

sorry guys, I would have posted sooner, but I dont have phone OR internet at home, and work is as always super busy!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 5:53 AM

Looks like a real cool set, could I be cheeky and ask you to include a Lance, the type that Knights might use for jousting contests!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:53 PM

I think $7.50 is very reasonable for these. Looks like excellent work. :) Good luck with it, they're definitely on my wishlist!

--Donnie Christianson
Atharian Media
web.film.comics.games.music.broadcast.

www.AtharianMedia.com
www.PoserMerchant.com
www.ComicTools.com

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:25 PM

These are high resolution, and the price is right.  Will the weapons have separate parts for materials (i.e. hilt, blade, etc.)?  I use Poser to import things into Vue.  One thing I like to do is use Vue's materials for the metal blade so I can get real reflections.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Digital3DStudio ( ) posted Sun, 25 February 2007 at 9:37 AM

file_369980.jpg

From someone who's been there, These could be the start of your store here at rendo, a stepping stone and I use that term lightly!  Depending on which way the wind blows you could sell a few. In example, this collection was here for sale for 3 years total sales for this was 6   1 at $19.99 and the rest at $5.00.  Gross 45.38 your share half $22.69.  Total time to make these and market them unknown. Was it worth it, yes. You have to believe in yourself and that's all that matters. 3 year later and half a thousand + sales it could be your ticket to ride.

We will never know till me go!  Mars. 

darken666 ( ) posted Sun, 25 February 2007 at 11:57 AM

I'd just suggest changing the names on some of the weapons.  While I've no issue with the idea of making 3d versions of Kit Rae's fantasy swords per se, it is a bit much to have the same names on them.  Other than that, it's a great set, I wish you much luck with it.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 2:02 AM

I wouldn't pay a penney for them. It's not that they're not good or so, but there are so many free even high quality weapons around that I wonder why anyone would even pay for any weapons at all.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

bazze ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 9:06 AM

Are they UV-mapped with high res texures (color, bump, diffusion/specular, dirt etc)? If yes then they will probably sell.

www.colacola.se

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.