Sun, Sep 22, 2:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: poser file format

kterbroc ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:20 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

ok, question for someone who has an answer. i found a wedsite a while back that has a listing of info regarding several types of file formats ranging from .bmp & .jpg to .au & .wav to many other formats. there was even a listing for the wavefront .obj file format. unfortunately, they did not have a list for the poser file formats (.pz2, .pz3, .rsr, etc.). would anyone here happen to know where a person could find out how the poser software saves it's files ( as in the format &/or structure)? any help would be appreciated.

kt

tom_b ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:29 AM

yes, if you look for newbie tutorials there is one that has exactly what you are looking for.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 5:51 PM

Attached Link: Unofficial CR2 File Specification

The above link is the best reffrence I know of.

kterbroc ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2007 at 9:37 AM

thanks for the link les. ok one more question for ya. is there a link for 3ds max .3ds or .max formats? is this the wrong forum or should i try the tutorials section for that as well? thx again for the help.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2007 at 10:10 AM

MAX is a proprietary format that has never been published; nor have I ever found anywhere that someone has tried to reverse engineer it. However, you can find several good specs for 3DS (and many other data formats) at Wotsit's Format.

kterbroc ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 6:08 PM

yes, thank you. i had treid that website but had gotten some sketchy info on the 3ds file format.

thanks again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.