Tue, Oct 1, 1:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: OT- Hehe we're expecting 30" of snow today

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:55 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 1:36 PM

...with thundersnow and blizzard conditions by afternoon. Well, when it's all over those of us that snowshoe, snowmobile and XC ski will finally get a chance to do so. We've only had maybe total 10-12 inches of snow so far this year and that is no where near normal for us up here in the White mountains.

My Facebook Page

sweetpegster ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:22 AM · edited Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:23 AM

HeHe, lucky you, we here in RI were initally supposed to get wacked by that storm but all we ended up with is ice, ice ice... we havent got anything for snow this winter...yippeeeee

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:22 AM

Started here (in southern New England) last night around 10. Not much accumulation overnight, but it has turned to freezing rain and drizzle which will make for a very ugly morning commute to work. Yuck!

Have fun up north!!

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:25 AM

This is why I'm happy to be back in Big H (that's Houston Texas)! 

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:52 AM

I don't envy ya'll...yesterday in Central Tx we had sunny and 70 degrees, this morning it was cloudy and 32.  Everyone is acting like it's the end of the world.  Everyone living in the south should have to live a winter in the north at least once in thier lives so they won't whine about the "mild" winters down here. :laugh:

Stay warm and be safe.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:29 AM

We got a little rain in my area of Phoenix overnight but nothing like the North East.  Believe me, we could use the snow up in the mountains.  Snowbowl, the ski area in Flagstaff can't open, they don't have snowmakers and we haven't had any snow up in the mountains this year.

Supposed to be about 65 here today with a chance of showers this evening.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Daio ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:30 AM

We've had about 12-16 inches here in northern Ohio. I had to wade through snow to get to the barn to feed the horses - who were all safe, warm and snug in their stalls. It's tapering off now but still blowing. I'll have to wait till the farmer down the road comes and plows us out to go anywhere.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:33 AM

Heh. In Port Hope Ontario, the temp is about 5 degrees F and it's snowing rather hard at the 
moment. SIGH. Welcome to the Great White North, though I do remember reading that those
on the south shore of Lake Ontario REALLY got dumped on this past week. 

Greywolf

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:34 AM

Attached Link: Happy Shelties

Well, it's not ALL bad, really. The streets might be a mess but there can be side benefits. For example, we had an awful lot of laughs watching our four shelties get the "zoomies" while they were frolicking in the snow this morning. Running outside all over the yard, zooming into the porch for a lap, and then zooming back out again while chasing each other.

So it does have some enjoyment benefits. 8-D

Three of the four at the above link ...

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:52 AM

I'm a stones throw away from the Province of Quebec it's about 5 degrees here and the snow has turned up a notch from earlier this morning. I'd say we've already had at least 8 inches or more and the heart of the storm hasn't hit yet.

Hey Dee I didn't realize that Practical Poser 7 was your book until just now. How cool is that?

My Facebook Page

1358 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:56 AM

Been snowing a lot here in Calgary, but the temp is going up to +4C today.  'course it was -20C yesterday when I had to go in to work for about 5 minutes, on my day off.  Here in Canada (the Great White North) we think of snow as...."hey spring can't be too far away".

sweetpegster ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:56 AM

what a wonderful picture Deecey, I was just saying Im gonna send the two Bostons out and see how funny they are cuz they hate the snow and sorta hop and walk on two legs...

Rainfeather ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 10:29 AM

living in "everfrost" north dakota, it ain't a picnic either. this year, when the temperature drops down to zero i could happily stand outside and bask in the heat lol. been-22 to -44 for the longest time that anything above that i consider warm. can't wait for spring!

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 10:53 AM

I'm just glad it stopped snowing and blowing long enough 'round here for the snowployghs to actually "mean" something, LOL.  And they sent us all home at work :P  Well, the 5 of us that showed up ;)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Dajadues ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 11:06 AM · edited Wed, 14 February 2007 at 11:09 AM

You Mountain folk can keep it. Light dusting here. :)

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 11:26 AM

beats NC...temp drops to about 40, and it rains for 4 months...;) heck, last 'white Christmas' in the state was in 1902..;) We have 2 kinds of snow drivers down here; those who have forgotten how, and those who never learned..;)
Anything that covers a postage stamp in 30 minutes counts as a snow storm. We celebrate by closing the schools, and running to the grocery store to buy up all the milk and bread (why....I dunno..;)

Trade you some snow for the Hurricanes we get..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 1:19 PM

Hurricanes I've had. Grew up in Florida, what made my parents move from Ireland to Florida beats me that climate is too hot and humid for Irishmen when my cousins came over to visit one almost had a heat stroke and it was only March! Anyway I don't miss the heat, humidity, over crowding, summer thunderstorms, bugs at every turn and only one season SUMMER. Four season are pretty cool just when you get sick of one the other comes before you know it. But I'll tell ya it don't get as half as cold up here as it did when I was in Montana! Holy iceberg Batman!

My Facebook Page

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 2:57 PM

He he he....we got ours late lastnight and all day, we also now are getting blowing and drifting snow cause of Lake effect.  Total over the last 2 days, 4 feet.  Man o Man...thats alot of snow.  Sharen

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:01 PM

Sorry to hear that. It's too cold where I am to get snow right now...but maybe on the weekend because it will be -1 Celcius. I know the north eastern US states and the southern part of Ontario got majorly dumped on today!  Glad that didn't happen here otherwise we would be having a huge flood again this spring.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Gordon_S ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 7:53 PM

I used to live in NC (Charlotte). LOVED it there. Had to come back to Detroit after five years there. :crying: Six months of cold weather here is just too long for my taste. Like to get back to the Carolinas sometime. 

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 8:19 PM

What's snow?

San Diego, CA - when we get a 1/4 inch of rain it's the top story on the news...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:45 PM

Spent a lot of time in San Diego...a LOT of time.

My Facebook Page

UVDan ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 9:53 PM
Forum Moderator

If anyone wants to send that snow over to Arizona, we will give you a couple 117 degree days this summer in trade.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

rickymaveety ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 10:06 PM

Ha .... in my part of the world, it swings from 117 to 17 (degrees F) every year, and sometimes does a 60 degree dip or rise in the course of a day.  I'm not kidding ... I went to bed one night at midnight and it was 75 out (maybe 25 C??) and woke up to 17 .... (below 0 C, but don't ask me how far below because it's late and I do math much better in my head when I am rested).

Just lately, it's warm one day and freezing the next.  We seem to be in the path of every warm or cold front that floats across the country.  It's like the weather can't make up its freaking mind.

I don't mind the cold, but I can do without the ice storms ... only because the only roads that lead away from my house to things like stores and other people ... are impassible when icy.  One goes up a very steep hill to get out of the valley, and the other has a low water crossing across a creek.  Either of those get iced and you are an accident waiting to happen.

Still .... getting buried in snow is an experience I have had, and don't really care to have again. 

Could be worse, could be raining.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:40 AM
Site Admin

ricky sounds like you might live near Chicago. When we lived near there, it once dropped 40 degrees in 20 minutes. Went into the store in shorts and came out wanting a jacket.

Snow storm's been done here for a few days, just have to keep getting it back off the roads and drives. The blowing and driffting are terrible around here. Currently -8 F.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 10:22 AM

Actually, I'm in central Texas, dead center in the state.  Although I used to live (and spent about 30 years in) .... SAN DIEGO!!  So I had quite a case of weather shock when I first moved here.  You live a long time in a city that has no weather to speak of ... ever ... where "cold" is 50 degrees F, and if it gets below there ... HELLO, everyone starts complaining to high heaven, and if the clouds so much as spit ... eeeeek!!  (Although, every once in a long while they get a killer rain storm there ... not very often, but it has happened in recorded history).

Then, I come here and weather with a capital W and that stands for "Where the hell are my gloves????"

I suppose any place can have its extremes though.  I went to Disneyworld in Orlando a few years ago, and the temp went from 40 and blowing in the morning to 80 in the afternoon.  People just didn't have a clue how to dress, you were either freezing or sweating.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.