Mon, Sep 23, 2:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Problems with shadowing

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:01 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

I am at wits end. I spent two days trying to figure out how to get each figure in a scene to cast its own shadow on to either the ground or area around it. I went thru step by step using the D|S pdf guide.  Changed lighting, each thing that was mentioned in the guide that had to do with shadows. 

But no luck. I could not even get a single shadow from a lone figure.

Need help as the shadows are need to make the scene look realistic

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:10 AM

3 Questions: 
Are you rendering in 3Delight or in Open GL (Shadows won't render in Open GL)
Do you have shadows turned on for your lights?
Are the lights pointed at a downward angle toward your figures?

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:17 AM

Using 3delight
yes
yes. I even moved them around but started with overhead lights.

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:29 AM

Hmm...that's odd. 
Can you replicate the fault with premade lights?  (they're easy to delete once they're in your scene, just edit-delete)  I have some in my freestuff that use both raytraced and deep mapped shadows...you can try to see if they'll render for you.  (they should.  All lights have shadows turned on)  Beyond that...do you have a screenshot of your lighting settings?

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:32 AM

Let me try your light products and see what happens

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:37 AM

Ok.  Let me know how it goes, and if you need help, holler ;)

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:41 PM

Well it is not the lights or even D|S . Turns out that my GC is on the way to the trash bin . I needed a new one anyway . I may go for a Nvidia 7 or 8 series

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 5:56 PM

While I'm glad you've figured it out, but it sucks that it's gonna cost you money :(

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 2:26 PM

Attached Link: http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

Try my tutorial for DS cameras and lights.

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 6:16 PM

Nice Tut

Bookmarked it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.