Sat, Sep 21, 5:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 8:46 PM

Nope it's not homemade, it's a store bought woodpecker block. The critters around here eat better than I do  and if I tried to homemake something they would probably leave.....I'm not even allowed to take a turn cooking at the firestation since the "mankiller" meatloaf affair!

Manning

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 9:18 PM

file_369474.jpg

AHH...a pic of mankiller meatloaf..and I thought all firemen were super cooks.  Maybe it is more like the Army.  Hungry enough and we eat whatever. I will post a whatever...

I have an Internet friend who lives about 5ok from St. Petersburg, Russia.  The culture is certainly different. These are fine folks to know, not yet seen.  We have fine communications.

This is a meal with labels to the food on the table.

MattMc_3 ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 9:47 PM · edited Mon, 19 February 2007 at 9:49 PM

file_369476.jpg

That's some tasty looking treats! Nothing like a good chunk of salt lard.

Here is my second attempt at star trails. The weather here is constantly foggy and cloudy. This week the top new story on the evening news was that it would be sunny on Saturday (it was!). The last sunny day was January 14th.

Anyway, I went out to the local park to get away from our small town's few street lights and set up for this shot. I was planning on leaving the shutter open for 1 hour, but 9m 40s into it an airplane flew directly overhead so I stopped the exposure. I got cold after that so I left😊

Canon 30D, 24mm (38mm equiv), ISO 100, F4, remote shutter release

Matt

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 2:47 AM

Tom, is there really something technically wrong with those shots? Technical I don't know, but estheticaly they're great from here! I really love the dancing Towhee! Mannings wren is rather interesting as well, due to the expression on it's face, and the details in the feathers.Your wren and sparrow are lovely to look at.  just my humble, can't take a picture, opinion.
BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 7:35 PM

file_369562.jpg

Here is a different one..a topaz crystal. The crystal is about 3 inches long, lit at the rear by a bright "tactical" flashlight.  Just for fun!  Looks like it blasted off!

Don't tell I took this at work today..boss is away.

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 9:00 PM · edited Tue, 20 February 2007 at 9:02 PM

file_369569.jpg

Ok, TomD'Art is a bit wacko tonight...this is Topazes in Space, reentry...silly, silly stuff. Forgive. : )    

This is the only place I can post poorly done digital graphics with a photo as the base of it all....and possibly get away with with it.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 3:53 PM

That is way too Tom, and yes, you are a bit wacko tonight. Yeehaw! :)

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 5:55 PM

WOW! When I get whacko I just giggle like a schoolgirl, ( quite embarassing at my age, 21 +), I am not creative then just silly! You know I've some crystals I've had for years, none of them can do this, are you sure these aren't those dilithium crystals someone stole from the Enterprise? BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 6:06 PM

Or..these escaped on their own...

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 6:09 PM

LOL!

gammaRascal ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 6:23 PM · edited Wed, 21 February 2007 at 6:27 PM

nm

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 2:10 PM

file_369733.jpg

DILITHIUM CRYSTAL MADNESS!!

Gammacrucis ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 3:01 PM

file_369745.jpg

My english is very bad, sorry!!! I have taken this shot inside a Swarovski shop in Salzburg! I loved it much...ah ah ciao a tutti!!  I hope to improve my language..

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 3:20 PM

Lovely! It looks like ice. :)

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 8:19 PM · edited Thu, 22 February 2007 at 8:21 PM

file_369750.jpg

This is from one of many photos of the 140th reenactment of the Battle at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA, July 1863.  The reenactment took place during August of 2003 and being the 140th anniversary attracted many reenactors.  Unfortunately, torrential rains and soggy fields delayed the July event until August and many participants could not be there.  As it was, beween perhaps 13,000 to 15,000 participated as soldiers.

When I attend such events, for me this is not entertainment. Sure, some of it is made for fun. For me, the history comes alive in a faded sense of the reality and is sad.  Between 46,000 and 56,000 lost their lives during the 3 days battle.  And we look at modern losses as high..in comparison..I am glad today's battles are not so demanding of human life.

The event was quite well staged.  Very hot in Pennsylvania that August but worth the trip. The little Minolta did a credible job overall.  This stuff still tears at my heart, anywhere it happens.

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 8:49 PM

Tom, that's an excellent capture of the event and appears from a general's POV! The subject of the American Civil War has always held a fascination for me.

Manning

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 8:57 PM · edited Thu, 22 February 2007 at 8:58 PM

file_369752.jpg

Yes, Firesnuffer, the Union Generals were on the hill just to the right of the view and more behind the foreground shown.   I have a pic somewhere called "And the Generals Watch"..perhaps I can find it.  We have seen many Civil War locations and each holds a special story of life, death, hardship and reasons for being there in the first place.

This picture is from an event a friend and pre-Revolutionary War, fight for Independence reenactor invited me to attend.  The man is dressed as one of the more wealthy pioneers in the 1750's.  The west had expanded, with these folks in Virginia at the edge of Tennessee.  I thought this man(gave permission for the photo) has a special look for the part..the face goes with the spectacles!

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 9:10 PM

He does indeed have that look of authenticity!! Wow! 

The only time I was able to visit the Gettysburg site visibility was down to about a quarter mile in a snow storm...needless to say I didn't linger long. I certainly hope to return one day! I have also visited Shilo and Vicksburg but hadn't caught the photo bug at the time so I hope to revisit many places.

Manning

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 9:18 PM

file_369753.jpg

Firesnuffer, this is not the best shot of the Generals. I left this one pretty much as taken and in color, not aged. The aides are there, too, as the man with the stripe on the shoulder on the left.  I don't know where the best shot of this is...difficult photos to take since all was so very spread out!

I have been to Shiloh, Appomattox, several other locations. All is the history and is a lesson well learned.  We were to Gettysburg some years before 2003 and no reenactment. We spent the day in the actual battle field park.  We had good weather and not Pennsylvania snow or heat that time.  At that time, no photo bug was in me either but we took a few shots, hidden somewhere in albums in this home.   

I got the photo bug and the little Minolta used for these shots for one reason...to sell stuff on eBay. Wow, it has cost me by now and no more eBay selling.           Tom

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 9:22 PM

I think i would want to be a re-enacting general....it doen't look like it would be as strenuous! LOL

Manning

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 9:41 PM

No, not at all as strenous!  One reenactor from Ohio held a day job in a meat packing house..always in coolers and cool areas.  I spoke to him after the first day...his eyes glazed and appearing very weak.  The heat got to him totally and he had to take a day off.  And, this was only a reenactor.  The real men and support..woe, woe, woe...terrible times.

One interesting note I learned, the infamous Pickett's Charge of Gettysburg where the Confederates charged across a large field and were amost decimated...seems the fuses for canon the Army of Virginia used were from a new supplier.  The original factory had burned. The new fuses were not timed properly and most Southern shells expoloded beyond the target. That might have made a difference.  The difference might have saved a few lives but not the outecome of the war in all.   

Now, it is zzzzzzzzzztime for TomDart.  Thanks for tuning in, Firesnuffer.

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:05 AM

file_369763.jpg

Such awesome shots everyone! Love the reenactment-photos Tom. And that glass-sculpture...or is it ice? Is just too detailed! Wow. Anyone here familiar with the ice-hotel in Sweden? It´s a few hours from here but i have never seen it. Spending the night there cost a fortune for some reason....i can´t see how anyone would spend that kind of money sleeping on a block of ice. :huh:

Good to see this thread still drawing breath. I´m gonna try to add some to it as well. Here goes.....a butterfly that has seen better days.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:06 AM

file_369764.jpg

An ugly fly....was playing around a little with the presentation.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:07 AM

file_369765.jpg

Lofoten-leftovers....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:08 AM

file_369766.jpg

Eija...

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:09 AM

file_369767.jpg

Baseball-drops.....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:10 AM

file_369768.jpg

Another splash......

I have tons more...but i´m saving those for when it´s time to bring some life back into this thread. 😉

Andreas

Mystic Pic

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:08 AM

gammacrucis, Your English is quite good, I would have said, " I loved it very or so much" I would only have used one of these. Your photo was nice, I remember the factory from my time overseas. I was afraid to breath, I thiught it would all break!
Hey Tom I've been to many of the spots you mentioned when I lived in VA. I took the kids and we'd wander for hours, Two of them had, ( for me), hair raising experiences where they spoke to soldiers I couldn't see. They always told me that the places were very beautiful, but the treees/sun/grass, or something else felt sad today!
The photos you took do tear at the heart.
BJ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:19 AM

file_369788.jpg

@Andreas re:Lofoten-leftovers Get that in your gallery now man! It is brilliant! I like the others too, but that one, jeezlouise! Very interesting Gettysburg reenactment photos Tom. I used to visit the battlefields as a boy and know what BJ is talking about. ....Gimme an "**L**"!

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:28 AM

Is the L for leftovers, Lofoten, or Lambda? Those squidges look like the Greek letter Lambda, I think. I love the Lofoten photo as well, Andreas, and for reasons I can't explain that big eyed bug is intriguing.
BJ

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:02 AM · edited Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:03 AM

LOL! Sorry Kort and BJ. No can do. After having read your replies i did however decide to upload another Lofoten Leftover that i hadn´t planned on uploading. 

Clouds over Lofoten

Cool looking blurstraction by the way buddy. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:55 AM

Thanks Andreas. Then wait a while. It has to be in your gallery -- it just has too! :)

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 6:24 PM

file_369855.jpg

This first one is a mushroom.

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 6:32 PM · edited Fri, 23 February 2007 at 6:33 PM

file_369856.jpg

And this second one is where the mushroom lived, Poplar Forests, near Lynchburg, VA, USA.

Poplar Forests was the second home of Thomas Jefferson, reknowned leader and patriot in the early years of  America, free from King George and the British rule.  This particular home is the signature 8 sides and very frugal in interior. Beds are made between walls to the next room..to conserve space. Staircases are hidden since he thought these also took too much space. I got a good shot of a brick outhouse at his main home in Montecello, those did exist for the more wealthy in Jefferson's time.   

This home is in renovation, owned by a private company after purchase from an individual owner of the property.   Wall finishers from Britain were hired to do restotation in the original manner.

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 10:09 AM

My goodness Andreas those clouds are gorgeous! Thanks for the history of the building Tom, perhaps it will be open next time I'm in VA. It looks like a cool place to be.
BJ

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 3:24 PM

file_370405.jpg

About time to get this thread going again don´t ya think? 😉

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 3:25 PM

file_370407.jpg

Lofoten-pano...

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 3:26 PM

file_370408.jpg

Another Lofoten-shot...

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 3:27 PM

file_370409.jpg

A little splash...

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 3:29 PM

file_370411.jpg

Und finally a little bug.....

Come on folks...keep it alive! 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 4:03 PM

file_370413.jpg

Okay. I'll bite.

( Let's see if I'm really the BDoT,eh Andreas? LOL. )

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 4:07 PM

file_370414.jpg

And another...  ;^P

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 4:18 PM

file_370416.jpg

And another...lol.

Marlene <")

My Blog

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 8:00 PM

file_370430.jpg

I feel brave tonight.  A few more waterdrops for you.  

I really enjoyed the pics here.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 8:02 PM

file_370431.jpg

Number 2.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 8:05 PM

file_370432.jpg

Last one.  This is more water stream than drop.

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 1:11 AM

LMAO @ Marlene!!!! :biggrin: I think that´s all in your head actually. Love your trio by the way. Especially the first one. That is a gorgeous shot. Hmmm...last one.....i see some selective coloring there....is that a nazi sticker? :blink:

Cool looking splashes mrmadmikie, particulary the first one. Did you add some oil or something to that water to up the viscosity?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 1:27 AM

Ummmm. Yeah it is. I didn't even know that was there when I took the shot, but  when I saw it at home, I kind of liked the way it was in between the words, 'Kid Robot'...so I went for it.

Keen eye you have, swedie.  ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 1:31 AM

Oooh! Now you´re pushing it Marlene. You had two people reply after you....and then you reply again? Bold move man....boooold. :tt2:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 1:46 AM

Oops!  ;^D

And just for your edification... because I thought you already knew....I'm female...  ;^P

Marlene <")

My Blog

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.