Fri, Sep 20, 2:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser not saving the CR2!

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2007 at 10:41 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:26 AM

I made a shirt in Hexagon for V4.
I made sure it has materials for the trim, hem, and the shirt itself.
I export, open it in UV mapper pro, do the UV map...
When i import into poer i get a def_surf_mat that wont go away.
Then when I try and save it to my figure folder poser freezes.

Sometimes it does this sometimes it doesnt... anyone know whats going on?
And how do I get rid of the def_surf_mat??

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2007 at 11:23 PM

Can you give a bit more info about what you tried to do to change the material and if you checked in UVMapper to make sure the materials were exported from Hexagon properly? It would make it easier to figure out what's up...so would screen shots.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2007 at 11:30 PM

I use note pad to take out the def material. the materials DO export, cus I can see em in poser.

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:01 AM

So you see the textures and the materials. You make sure the nodes are attached where they belong and the models still render white?  Did you check your specular and Ambient settings? If your specular is set too high, it may bleach out the actual texture. Same goes for the Ambient settings.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:03 AM

file_371007.jpg

its not white... here is a screen shot

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:09 AM

Hmmm...Okay, that almost looks like a shadow map is set too low. Is that a screen grab of a render or of the workspace?  Have you tried applying the texture to the object in UVMapper Pro to be sure of the mapping?

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:15 AM

file_371008.jpg

Seems fine in UV mapper...

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:19 AM

file_371011.jpg

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:28 AM

THat looks like the mapping is getting destroyed somewhere along the way. Are you exporting from UVMapper with the Do Not Include UV Coordinates option? (and why do we even have that option....)

I'm probably going to have to ask you to email us at Tech Support  with a copy of the file but before I do that, try increasing your depth map shadows. Are you using any special lights (AO, IBL, etc.?). If so, take a gander at this link, as it may help you resolve your problem:

http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1462/1/598/

Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask you to send us a tech support request.

-Teyon.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:30 AM

I have 3 differant saves of the shirt... on 2 of them i delete the def surf mat in note pad and it still shows up in the materials on poser. The other one, I have successfully deleted it and it doesnt show up in the materials room.... that one is the one pictured above....

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:37 AM

Ok, this is really, really weird....... just as a hunch, i restarted poser... and it seems to work just fine now.
Odd huh?

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:37 AM

It's possible you may have deleted a bit more than you needed too. An easier way to get rid of an unwanted material would be to either A - edit the CR2 or B - edit the OBJ in UVMapper so that no group uses the material and then save a new obj from that.

Without looking at the files, it'll be hard to tell where exactly things went wrong but I've a feeling something got deleted that shouldn't have if the other shirts show up fine (despite having an extra material) and this one (without the extra material) is showing up flawed.

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 12:39 AM

Oh okay. That may have been a preferences file issue then.  Hadn't even thought of that (usually that's the first guess too).

You may want to delete your prefs when you exit this Poser session, just to be safe. Corrupt prefs can cause all types of havoc, despite our best efforts to avoid that from happening.

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 10:23 AM

The only think I have changed in preferances is the bg color, and lighting... well and got rid of the orig. model. Just changing that can mess up alot... wow.....

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 10:47 AM

Actually no. That's not what causes corruption. Corruption can be caused by the program crashing or being forced to quit. It can also be caused by disk fragmentation and I'm sure there're other things too that I don't know (I'm still new to the Tech Support game).

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 10:50 AM

I see.... well poser had been freezing every time I tried to save the shirt to my figures library. I made bones for the shirt and used that... and it would freeze... but if i used the previous version of the shirt in the library... it was fine...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.