Mon, Sep 16, 10:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP/Just flew in for dinner

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 9:08 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 12:17 AM

file_116569.jpg

This is totally a WIP, but just to keep the forum moving along. I built everything with boolean modeling in Bryce except for the chairs, the napkins and the roses in the glass vase (which I did make). I created the palm from ferns I found on the net. (I'm especially proud of the silverware since I'm sort of a neophyte at Bryce and Poser). The peacock is Anton's superb model. I had a bit of a time with the tail-using the trans map-tried to do it in material lab, but finally decided the only way was to create an alpha channel (in PSP)-its easy in Poser, BTW. That worked great, as you can see. The eagle is Zygote's new eagle model-wonderfully poseable. I have the same chair in Poser as a prop so I could pose the eagle on it to get the talons grabbing the chair correctly and then place the eagle on the chair in Bryce (I didn't import the chair from Poser). I have decided to delete or move the window with the exterior scene because its too busy behind the tail, have more figures to add (one 'may' be humanoid), 'food' on the plates, work more on the lighting and the camera placement. Just more work all around. However, wanted to contribute something to the forum. I have several WIP's going on, but evening time doesn't go far when you are working with Bryce and Poser, as you all know LOL. Diane

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 9:12 PM

Oh, forgot to mention that the render time was 47 minutes 20 seconds. Lots of lights, trans maps, glass, materials,-they all add to the render time. This was my longest so far. When I hear about 29 hour renders I wonder if I would ever have the patience LOL. Diane

Autoloader ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 9:36 PM

Diane Great pic. ~smile~ My hat's off to you. You mentioned the render time, but how long did it take you to put it all together. I am guessing this was a long project. Autoloader

LilWolff ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 9:41 PM

I think this is wonderful and it makes me look forward to who else is coming for dinner? I love the room and the table setting looks fantastic! I have not tried my "carpentry" skills yet, you did great! Did you also make the picture on the wall?

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 9:57 PM

Autoloader, I've been piddling with this for a fairly long time. I have another 'bright' version--I'll post-doesn't have some of the accroutements. LilWolff, the picture is Matisse's "Interior with eggplant" that I found on the net (I love Matisse). I took it into PSP, added a frame with Bladepro and put it on a 2D square. I did the same with the oriental rug (which you can't see much of here but might in the final version). I scanned a rug photo from a catalog and put it on a 2D square. I added the materials for the chairs, napkins, tablecloth the same way-took scanned textures and just gave them a little .bmp-to get some texture-or in the case of the chair seats-I totally 'messed' with the original scanned fabric-LOL. I LOVE materials. Diane

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 1999 at 8:57 AM

WOW this place is great for giving me ideas on how to do things. Diane you must have a world of patience! This has to be a labor of love. And what a good feeling to see something you have worked so hard on come to life. smiles

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.