Sat, Sep 21, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:28 PM

No Rich I was teasing him about the baby who's going to be showing up soon. Thanks for the link I'll check it out, but as for doing one myself.... I can't shoot anything but finger tips! Check out my poem The Photgraph.
BJ

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:32 PM

seems like another weird posting sequence - that question in my last post was actually a response to kai's post immediately after mine... work that one out!  :huh:

Nice imagery and concept behind that poem... that is what most photographers try to capture in each photo, but you just put it in words :)

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:32 PM

Yeah Rich that's my idea I don't think I'll be able to do it myself but would be fun to see others do it... As long as Andreas doesn't take it offensively :unsure:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:34 PM

LOL rich to tell the truth it's like you did earlier I hit delete instead of the edit :rolleyes: :blushing:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:36 PM

Hmmmm.... :m_tongue:

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:39 PM

:laugh: Yeah I think ya could do something pretty amazing there 'M' :biggrin: would be great to see what ya could make for us :tongue2:

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:41 PM

My goodness! This spot is more happening than the freeway at rush hour today!
BJ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:45 PM

I'm on the job! :b_tonguewink:

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:49 PM

file_372359.jpg

You good man! :thumbupboth:

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:52 PM

I don't know what kind of flower that is but it's colours are incredible! Great close up. BJ

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:53 PM · edited Tue, 20 March 2007 at 4:54 PM

Thanks there 😉 Oh and if I'm not mistaken it's a dahlia

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:00 PM

:b_stunned: Oh my Gosh! I step away for 5 minutes and come back to find a new page has been filled. Yaaay for us!!!! Suck it you SA-people! SUCK IT!!!!!! :tt2:

Oh...and if y´all are planning on putting me in a teddy i suggest you make it red or something so that it brings out my eyes. :a_kiss:

Good grief those AOL-smileys are soooooo darn ugly! How do they do it? :blink:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:01 PM

Edit:

"...to find THAT a new page has been filled"

Sigh....

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:02 PM · edited Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:05 PM

:lol: them smilies sure are ugly... maybe it's to try discourage people from using them? :unsure: but hey buddy thanks for the tip :lol: sounds like ya know what you're talking about.:mellow:

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:07 PM

btw - andreas your english was fine the first time... i cant remember the rule but in this case you dont really need the "that" to make the sentence make sense... infact it is more common for native speakers to leave it out. I'm not sure if you were doing it intentionally tho so i will assume you were and praise your english skillz ;P

Rich Meadows Photography

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:11 PM

:blink: I don´t know if i should feel flattered or insulted. LOL. 

Btw...is "tho" short for "though"? :tt2:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:15 PM

yes - it is a habit i picked up from my scots english teacher when i was 13... so much so that i have my MS Word set to autocorrect it to "though", which also has perpetuated the "problem" should you want to call it that... i should technically use an apostrophe and write it: tho' , but who's here to tell me off? 😉

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:15 PM

Ah daddy ya meant to feel flattered cause ya got some amazing skilz in the inglish department :biggrin: Yeah we will worship ya :lol:

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:19 PM

i'm sure there is a worship emoticon somewhere...

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:21 PM

I don't know of one here on RR :crying:

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:21 PM

hey - i've got a whacky idea... why dont we all mosey on down to the chat applet? that would be totally wild... (and might not overload this thread too ;))

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:23 PM

MMMM could do but we are trying to make this the biggest thread on RR :tt2: maybe we should put a pic or 2 in this so it looks 'normal' :lol: Oh and I really should study soon :crying: :m_whine:

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:25 PM

well it is dead there right now anyway - ie no-one but me...

loooonley... i am so loooonley... all by myself!

plus i ran out of non-gallery pics... unless you really want some crap uploaded here 😉

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:28 PM

file_372365.jpg

Ok I found a pic :biggrin:

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:32 PM

file_372366.jpg

Oh and here's one from my early days.... *SIGH* I could do these soooo much better now :crying:

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:32 PM

OK
What the heck is a CHAT APPLET!?! short_ribs I love the flower!
BJ

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:34 PM

file_372367.jpg

ok - this was me playing around about a day after i got my first digital camera - what a nice trip down memory lane with all my spain shots around in that end of the vaults :)

Long exposure and a very small light source coming in from a slit in the black-out blinds i had in my room.  I sat motionless in both positions for half of the exposure. :)

Rich Meadows Photography

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:35 PM

Well. note to self......... don't go for a nosey into a thread when it is 26 pages long - I haven't got a clue what is going on around here, but am quite concerned for poor Andreas having to wear a teddy!! 
😕
Great shot there - but what is it Short-ribs??

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it."
:lol:
CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:36 PM

mamabobbijo - just look at the top navigation bar bit and click on "chat"

Kai - those wasps/bees/hornets or whatever they are look great!I'd like to see what "better" is when it comes to that sort of scene... maybe crop it to a portrait shot and you have something rather galleryworthy imo.

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:37 PM

Thanks there ahhh bibbybear... ya talking about the water drop in the leaf?  Oh and btw call me Kai 😉

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:40 PM

mmm thank rich yeah I think the focus and all could be loadz betta but anyway dont really have the opportunity any more :crying:

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:41 PM

Yes I was talking about the water drop - wasn't quite sure if it was a very shiney berry or something ... doh!!

Nice to meet you Kai - you can call me Chrissy or just plain 'ole Bibby - whichever you prefer (I'll answer to anything these days!!)
😉

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:41 PM

It´s somewhat ironic that you would call me "dad" Kai.....since my dad´s name is actually Kaj with a "j".....could i have named you after him? :ohmy:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:46 PM

:m_licklips: yes now that is interesting papa I guess it goes with my love of that place and all :m_thoughtful: I tell ya I was born Swedish :m_tongue2:

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:46 PM

on the subject of names - where does "Kai" come from? is it a south african name?

:m_whine: :m_cry: :

[The Lounge]: TTriggs has entered at 10:44 pm
[inshaala] 10:44 pm: ooo a person    
[The Lounge]: TTriggs has left at 10:44 pm

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:50 PM

mmm Kai means many different things Rich here in NZ it's of the native tounge and means food :scared: I believe in other places around the world it also means ocean, hen, and mm I believe king was in there too :m_letdown: google it if ya wanna 😉 Oh and hey there Chrissy nice to meet ya :m_handshake:

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:50 PM

OK Rich - I went to have a look at that Chat place you were talking about, but it doesn't like me.  I didn't persevere as I thought you must be happy with your own company! 

:tt2:

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:52 PM

pah! just hit refresh - it does it to me as well..

so you could actually be called King.... /me bows

Rich Meadows Photography

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:52 PM

Well Kai is my little bro
Chris

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:52 PM

Is Kort sleeping or he just making that kick ass pic of SIR Andreas for us :lol:

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:55 PM

file_372370.jpg

OK - better join in and add a picture before I get shouted at........

Here's one I was trying out at lunchtime today sat in my car.  It's not very good but then the sun was as bright as a button (right in my face!!) and my wing mirror was really dirty after all the hail, sleet and snow we've been having for the past few days!!

But it's a current one of me looking fed up knowing I still have the second half of the day to go back and face in work...........

:crying:

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:56 PM

file_372371.jpg

LOL that's kinda random from you Chris :tongue2: but welcome aboard :biggrin:

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:01 PM

I'm always random!!  Besides, I fancy someone giving me a make-over to add some life to my face!!!  (Is that what the magazines call "airbrushing"??)

Nice flower - what is it??

@ Rich - I tried refreshing, but it didn't work - besides, I didn't want you thinking I was stalking you or something - the two of us alone in there could be misconstrued!! 

😉 :lol:

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:05 PM

chris is in there with me now, we are chatting to someone from another gallery.... SHOCK HORROR cross medium communications are occuring! 😉

Rich Meadows Photography

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:06 PM

file_372377.jpg

Cool shot there Chrissy nice to see ya ![](../../mod/forumpro//art/emoticons/wink.gif) I'll leave you all with this one now cause I got some last minute work to do :crying:

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:08 PM

I can see that there are 4 users in there but I have tried three times (literally just now) but it keeps coming up with "Socket Server Connection Failed" when I try to log in?

No worries, I'll leave you peeps to it.

:m_bawling:

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:10 PM

Ah, sorry Kai, thought you were referring to me with the "random" comment, but of course, there is another Chris in here (I'm called Chris / Chrissy with family and friends!)

Have a good night. 
:m_wave:

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

inshaala ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:12 PM

Well it seems now that i can just watch a convo and not participate in it. Chris - if you are reading this i'm not intentionally ignoring you, its just not working :(

[inshaala] 11:09 pm: ok i think my connection still has problems with the ole chat applets
[Dianthus] 11:09 pm: how long you been in Finland?
[PL-Finland] 11:10 pm: just over 6 years
[inshaala] 11:10 pm: say "wibble" if you can read this...
[Dianthus] 11:10 pm: long time
[PL-Finland] 11:10 pm: passes quick
[Dianthus] 11:10 pm: suppose
[Dianthus] 11:11 pm: not thinking of going home?
[PL-Finland] 11:11 pm: i am home
[Dianthus] 11:11 pm: ok

you would have thought someone would say wibble :(

Rich Meadows Photography

BibbyBear ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:16 PM

You see what happens Rich........ you invite them all over to your place and then they carry on the party without you!!!!!

LOL!

Think my problem might be my firewall, but I daren't take it down as I'm waiting for our new version of anti-virus to arrive in the post (our old one has expired and we are now completely defenceless as hubby stripped it out of the system .... trying to reload it... oops!!)

:m_wink:

CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 6:24 PM

I stopped in too but left before the whole wibble incident.LOL! Good to learn a new skill, thanks Rich. Chrissy I love the self portrait. And Kai I'm sure you could find several faults with those wasps but I think they're grand! I must sleep O/N shift starts in AHH! 3 hours!
BJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.